Who will be picking first next year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    Browns fans, did you actually watch Jake Delhomme last year? He was an absolute disaster and that was with a much better offensive supporting cast then he'll have in Cleveland.

Seriously. 55% completions. 8 TDs/18 INTs. He is Derek Anderson bad now.
    I have no expectations whatsoever, but I think he will still be better than what we had last year if for no other reason than the Browns running game will be better, so even if he's Derek Anderson bad, which is certainly possible, Derek Anderson bad with a better surrounding cast is still better.

Comment

lol @ KC picking first.

edit: if they pick first next year I will do some damage to someone
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I'll say the Bills... but as a darkhorse team I could really see the Bears absolutely collapsing this year. No. 1 overall doesn't seem likely, but I could definitely see top 5 for them. They're old at some key positions defensively, and are running a Mike Martz offense with:

A. Few receivers of any note
        B. Few offensive linemen who can be relied upon to hold up for lots of seven step drops in pass protection
        C. A quarterback who has been turnover prone in his young career.

All of these things pretty much point directly against what Martz likes to do as a playcaller... so good luck with that. And if Peppers gets complacent playing on his new megadeal, well, things could get UGLY.

Another darkhorse team-- The Jags. It just seems like that team has been stuck in place for a few seasons while every other team in the division has gotten better around them. Similar to the Bears, I doubt they'll be picking No. 1 overall, but top 5 is a real possibility.

I think the Rams will be juuuuuust good enough to dodge the No. 1 overall pick. 2nd or 3rd for them.

Comment

first 2 picks next year.

1) Browns 3-13
          2) Cardinals 4-12
          GO RAVENS

Comment

Browns won 5 games last year with the following passing statistics.

33/81 1 td 4 int 377 yards

We vastly upgraded the biggest weakness besides QB on the team with our secondary, we played with two rookie receivers last year as well as Mike Furrey/Chansi Stuckey. Our tight end for most of the year was Robert Royal with Evan Moore only getting some time coming off of the practice squad.

We added plenty of depth on defense and for as bad as our QB situation is right now its light years ahead of last year. If Jake can settle down and play like he did before last years dreadful season then I think we will compete in enough games that we wont be picking first overall.

I could definitely see us in the top 10 or even top 5 but I don't think we're gonna be a candidate for the #1 overall pick with the way some other teams roster's are looking.

Also, last year our team had some pretty big injuries on defense, including Rogers/D'Qwell so at this point it almost feels like we're adding them to an already improved defense.

That being said, we're the Browns, anything can happen.

EDIT : People in here are also mistaken thinking that Browns fans think Delhomme is good. We know he sucks, but at least he has done SOMETHING in his career before last year that makes people think he can at least complete some passes. The Browns season last year passing may have been the worst thing I've ever witnessed in pro football. We seriously went into games wondering if we would put up more than 6 points it was that bad. The passes were all over the place and if the passes were on targets there were drops from our inexperienced receiving corps, it was horrible. Go watch a film of our 2009 passing game and you'll be haunted for the rest of your life and clinging to your favorite child hood stuffed animal while sucking your thumb.
            Last edited by PoopSandwich; 05-01-2010, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
              first 2 picks next year.

1) Browns 3-13
              2) Cardinals 4-12
              Cardinals 4-12.........? In the NFC West......?

WAT.

Originally posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
              Most of the time, there is no correlation between playing well late in the season and playing well the next year. There is just too big a gap during the offseason. Plus, Delhomme is crap.

And you guys "kicked butt" against OAK, KC, and JAX... meh
              Nice of you to conveniently forget that we held Pitt to 6 points and sacked them like 8 times while they were fighting for their playoff spot.
              Last edited by PoopSandwich; 05-01-2010, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
                first 2 picks next year.

1) Browns 3-13
                2) Cardinals 4-12
                Yeah, I'm gonna have them picking #2 because they lost their QB.

That makes zero sense. Arizona has one of the most talented teams in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                  Browns fans, did you actually watch Jake Delhomme last year? He was an absolute disaster and that was with a much better offensive supporting cast then he'll have in Cleveland.

Seriously. 55% completions. 8 TDs/18 INTs. He is Derek Anderson bad now.
                  Seriously this. Delhomme was disgusting to watch, and in no way is an upgrade to Quinn/Anderson. Saying that the team is hoping for Delhomme to play like pre 2008 is like saying the team is still waiting for Anderson to play pre 2008.

Originally posted by WMD
                  Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                  Originally posted by gpngc
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                    Seriously this. Delhomme was disgusting to watch, and in no way is an upgrade to Quinn/Anderson. Saying that the team is hoping for Delhomme to play like pre 2008 is like saying the team is still waiting for Anderson to play pre 2008.
                    I don't think it's quite the same. There are guys who have had bad seasons and come back to play well again, but DA was nothing, had a great season where he basically threw the ball really far and let Braylon go get it, then came back to Earth where he belongs.

I will say, yes, you are all right, the Browns will not be a good team next year, but they won't pick #1. But I know I'm not going to change anyone's minds, so I'm done.

Anyway, I think it's Tampa or St. Louis. I would say the Bills, but they always surprise me and play hard, and win 6 or so games.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      Eh...I think having the top pick of the draft and being unable to trade out of it would be Bill Belichick's worst nightmare.
                      I don't disagree with your main point, but I do disagree that the pick would be untradeable. It Belichick were to stick to the value chart, then yes, maybe it would be, but he seems like the type of guy that would simply take the best offer. If that happened to be say pick #8 and the teams second this year, I don't see why he wouldn't pull the trigger. I could also be completely wrong, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                        Crap > What we had last year
                        That's like saying that you'd rather get cut with a rusty steak knife than jabbed in the eye with a fork.

Until the Browns get an even remotely competent quarterback, they're not climbing out of the basement of the AFC North, not with the Ravens and the Steelers as good as they are right now, and drafting as well as they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
                          That's like saying that you'd rather get cut with a rusty steak knife than jabbed in the eye with a fork.

Until the Browns get an even remotely competent quarterback, they're not climbing out of the basement of the AFC North, not with the Ravens and the Steelers as good as they are right now, and drafting as well as they do.
                          Ravens, yes
                          Steelers drafting has been mediocre in recent years and with their current situations, they are hardly a lock to do anything this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                            The Browns season last year passing may have been the worst thing I've ever witnessed in pro football. We seriously went into games wondering if we would put up more than 6 points it was that bad.
                            Jake is definitely going to put up more than 6 points...for the other team! Buuuuurn.

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                              Ravens, yes
                              Steelers drafting has been mediocre in recent years and with their current situations, they are hardly a lock to do anything this year.
                              You're delusional if you don't think the Steelers are still a good team. Polamalu is back next year, they upgraded their O-Line, added a nice young pass rusher. They still have the best defense in that division.

I'd be completely shocked if the Browns don't finish in the bottom of the AFC North. I mean, SHOCKED. No quarterback and marginal improvements on defense = 5-11 at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
                                You're delusional if you don't think the Steelers are still a good team. Polamalu is back next year, they upgraded their O-Line, added a nice young pass rusher. They still have the best defense in that division.

I'd be completely shocked if the Browns don't finish in the bottom of the AFC North. I mean, SHOCKED. No quarterback and marginal improvements on defense = 5-11 at best.
                                Tell me when that nice young pass rusher is going to see the field this year? Special teams? And how is 3 draft picks in the secondary, marginal, but 1 pick on the O-line is considered an upgrade worthy of being mentioned? I have no doubt the Steelers will do what the Steelers do and be a solid team, but some of your points don't add up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information