No announcement yet.

The Interesting Article Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 years is a long way down the road. If Buffalo hits on a quarterback in the 2011 draft and, say, signs Jared Gaither during the free agency period, they could easily fight their way out of the basement of their tough division.

Comment

They'll suck next year, but that was a given. Their OL gets a lot of heat but that interior is coming along quite nicely and with a quality LT they'd suddenly find themselves with an average to above average OL, especially if they get a smart QB that doesn't make them look worse.

We strongly disagree on Troup though since I think he was a 2nd round lock and was a modest reach at best. Maybin was very raw coming out and is going to take time, but next year will be his 3rd in the league in a scheme that's perfect for him to flourish and I think he'll be a stud then.

And even if Spiller can prove to be a win or two better than the Fast Freddie and Marshawn combo they'll still be bad enough to be in position for a top QB given that the teams that profile to be worse than them already have their franchise QBs. I just don't see 5 years of mediocrity with this team. I see 2 or 3 years before they're a playoff caliber team and depending on just how good their young talent gets they could be an elite caliber team by then.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Did Spiller, Maybin, Troupe, and Hardy already prove to be raging successes? Two haven't even played a professional down, one's been oft injured and the other barely even played as a rookie.

Also, first round QBs seem to have about a 50% hit or miss rate. So it's a lot to assume that they'll not only take one next year, but he'll be successful.

And if Gaither were so great, why was (is?) Baltimore so actively trying to move him? There are some theories out there that they had too many players that would need big contracts coming up soon for them to be able to resign him, and they have Oher.....ok, but the fact that no one was even willing to give them a 2nd round pick (which was the asking price around draft time iirc) for a "franchise" caliber LT makes me think theres a lot more to the situation than we know.

And that's all only important if Buffalo signed him...which who knows about that.

So many "if's" abound with this team. Honestly, if you looked at the NFL as a whole, and had to try and figure out where each team would be in 3 years (we won't even go to the 5 I was saying earlier,) you'd have to have Buffalo in your bottom 3 teams. At least.

Comment

The CJ Spiller pick was one of the worst picks in recent memory for me. A team with massive needs at QB/LT/WR/DL/LB and they take a running back who will be in a rotation and get 15 touches tops? It makes no sense to me. Then again, when you draft like this it explains why the Bills haven't been relevant in so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
            The CJ Spiller pick was one of the worst picks in recent memory for me. A team with massive needs at QB/LT/WR/DL/LB and they take a running back who will be in a rotation and get 15 touches tops? It makes no sense to me. Then again, when you draft like this it explains why the Bills haven't been relevant in so long.
            Massive needs at WR and LB? Evans is a quality number one and Reed is a good slot guy. They don't have an answer at the 2nd WR spot yet but this is James Hardy's third season so I'm not ready to write him off yet, plus they added a nice project in the 4th round incase Hardy doesn't work out. And at LB they've got Maybin who I think will become a stud over the next two years in that 3-4 and a number of solid high motor guys across from him. The ILBs are strong.

DL was a massive need that they addressed well while QB and LT remain massive holes, but for a team that was in Buffalo's shoes they were going to come out of this draft with some holes either way, the question was do you hurry to fill the "more important" hole or do you pick the better players at the "less important" hole that you were going to have to fill anyway? Plus Spiller also impacts that WR need giving them yet another weapon to go with the WRs and TEs for whomever they bring in next year to step into a good situation that makes the jump easier on the guy.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

Reasons to not pay CJ:

1. He has a very good OL which helps his production
              2. He plays in the AFC south which is CLEARLY built to stop Peyton Manning and not running backs.
              3. Running backs are a dime a dozen.

He's a really good running back, but I don't see breaking the bank for him as a smart move. Sure, it sucks for him... but that's the reality of the NFL.
              **** her in da *****!

Comment

Josh Reed is not even on the team anymore, Rosebud. We have a big hole at #2 WR (possibly all WR spots with Evans as an uninspiring #1) that I don't have the easiest time seeing being filled by one of the guys on our roster.

If Troup can be a fine NT then I like our DL a good amount. I liked the Edwards pick up, Spencer Johnson is good depth fit, Stroud is alright and Carrington can be good in the future with those guys holding it down for now. I'd love for Kyle Williams to have a place with this team moving forward but I just don't see it.

And I will gladly take that extra win or two, Herr Baron.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                  Josh Reed is not even on the team anymore, Rosebud. We have a big hole at #2 WR (possibly all WR spots with Evans as an uninspiring #1) that I don't have the easiest time seeing being filled by one of the guys on our roster.

If Troup can be a fine NT then I like our DL a good amount. I liked the Edwards pick up, Spencer Johnson is good depth fit, Stroud is alright and Carrington can be good in the future with those guys holding it down for now. I'd love for Kyle Williams to have a place with this team moving forward but I just don't see it.

And I will gladly take that extra win or two, Herr Baron.
                  *embarassed* Well umm, they've got Naamon if Stevie can't pull it off in the slot...

The number 2 spot is a concern, I was just a really big fan of Hardy's when he was coming out and this is his third year so I see him finally putting it together and forming a strong duo with Evans.

BK

Comment

Lee Evans would be one of the league's best #2 WR, but he is not a #1. But with Brian Brohm it doesn't really matter who they have.

Comment

I don't have a problem with the Bills draft at all. They stuck to their board and clearly they didn't see anything they wanted in Clausen (apparently not the only team...) and weren't impressed with Anthony Davis. I'm not going to fault the team for not taking players they weren't enamored with just because they filled the generally aknowledged "Imporant positions."

I wouldn't be comfortable gambling on players at LT and QB who apparently weren't scouted as being great fits for the organization just because they play positions of need for the team. Apparently the Bills weren't either.

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                        I don't have a problem with the Bills draft at all. They stuck to their board and clearly they didn't see anything they wanted in Clausen (apparently not the only team...) and weren't impressed with Anthony Davis. I'm not going to fault the team for not taking players they weren't enamored with just because they filled the generally aknowledged "Imporant positions."
                        Sure the Bills stuck to their board, but do the Bills have a recent history of drafting well?

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                          Sure the Bills stuck to their board, but do the Bills have a recent history of drafting well?
                          No worse than most teams, and this is the first draft for the new Bills regime anyways so that hardly matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                            No worse than most teams, and this is the first draft for the new Bills regime anyways so that hardly matters.
                            I thought they only hired a new head coach, my mistake. Just because a team stuck to a big board does not mean anything though.

Comment

For the confused...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...caa_going.html
                              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                              Coples is that dude.
                              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

BUMP.

Can a mod please sticky this thread. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information