Jammal Brown traded to Redskins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    To be fair, didn't they lose something like six runningbacks to IR? Something like that.
    Yeah, true, Peyton Hillis was their leading rusher that year.

Originally posted by crossroads View Post
    That's not entirely true. In 2007 Denver finished 9th in the league in rushing yards, and in 2008 they were 12th despite moving to a much more pass heavy offense and having like six running backs on IR. Now neither of those are great years, but not exactly "no running game to speak of."
    Interesting, I looked at the leading rushers they had those years and I am amazed they were that all those 300-yard runners added up to anything. I guess quantity beats quality. Maybe Washington has a chance after all. (still betting against it)

But good point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      Yeah, true, Peyton Hillis was their leading rusher that year.

Interesting, I looked at the leading rushers they had those years and I am amazed they were that all those 300-yard runners added up to anything. I guess quantity beats quality. Maybe Washington has a chance after all. (still betting against it)

But good point.
      I don't think it's as far-fetched as people think. Portis had his most productive years with Shanny, albeit he was a completely different back at the time. If he has any semblance of explosiveness left in his legs (he's 28 - not ancient for a RB, but pretty damn old), he should be able to find a little magic. If he does, the PA zone boot with McNabb will be pretty f'n deadly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        About this trade, I am not sure what there plans are since both Brown and Williams are players that are strikingly similar, but I like it. I wouldn't overrate Brown though, anyone could line up at LT and Drew Brees wouldn't get sacked. Bushrod was terrible and yet Brees was upright and throwing for 4,500 yards. Any QB that reads defenses and gets rid of the ball like that will avoid sacks and take the pressure off the O-Line.
        With his quick throws and ability to read coverages, only our OG's need to be good in pass pro for our offense to work. And Evans/Nicks is amazing.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information