Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steelers RT Willie Colon out for the season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Steelers RT Willie Colon out for the season

    NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that Steelers RT Willie Colon expects to undergo season-ending Achilles' surgery on Wednesday.

    Colon is the Steelers' best lineman, so this is a very tough loss for Rashard Mendenhall, immobile fill-in QB Byron Leftwich, and Ben Roethlisberger once he returns from suspension. Pittsburgh's most likely Week 1 front-five lineup now probably would have Trai Essex moving from guard to right tackle, Max Starks staying on the left side, and Maurkice Pouncey, Justin Hartwig, and Chris Kemoeatu on the interior. What once appeared to be a revamped and potentially promising group for 2010 has taken a significant blow
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=3912

  • #2
    Jonathan Scott
    Ramon Foster
    Tony Hills
    Chris Scott
    Kyle Jolley

    OUCH!

    Comment


    • #3
      Over/under on how many quarters it takes for one of Byron's legs to break in half?

      Comment


      • #4
        This hurts bad. I hope the Steelers at least work out Flo Adams or Levi Jones.

        Comment


        • #5
          we'll trade you Barry Sims

          Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

          Comment


          • #6
            God their offensive line is gonna be ******* bad.

            Bonekrusher.

            Originally posted by JordanTaber
            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

            Comment


            • #7
              Bad offensive line gets worse

              They are going to suck

              Comment


              • #8
                Stupid Sean Kugler, he brought the Buffalo O-line injury bug to Pittsburgh.

                Props to clover_jeez!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                  Over/under on how many quarters it takes for one of Byron's legs to break in half?

                  John Abraham Week 1!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Colon is a huge loss, yes, but I think he's a little overrated. The dude is a penalty machine and not the greatest pass protector. What we will miss though is his great run blocking. The Steelers will miss him a bunch. I am not denying that. But it's not like we lost a Pro Bowler. I think his better position is kicked inside to guard.

                    This offseason sucks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                      Colon is a huge loss, yes, but I think he's a little overrated. The dude is a penalty machine and not the greatest pass protector. What we will miss though is his great run blocking. The Steelers will miss him a bunch. I am not denying that. But it's not like we lost a Pro Bowler. I think his better position is kicked inside to guard.

                      This offseason sucks.
                      No, he was pretty mediocre and he's out, so now you're picking a tackle out of your pile of ****** backups.

                      The Browns sacked Ben 8 times in the second game last season and I'm curious how many people can name a single player who got 1 or more of those sacks without looking it up.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'd be more worried if Kemo got injured than with Colon's injury. When Kemo was out last year, we lost most of those games. His pulling plays are a staple for our running game, and he's as strong as they come. Sure, he can improve his pass-protection, but he's solid. Colon's loss, it's not THAT bad. It's bad, but, as Hines said, he's overrated. I don't know where people get that he's one of the elite RT's in the league. He's not. Or at least he gets way too many penalties to be considered one.

                        I guess this means we should play Dixon instead!

                        Props to clover_jeez!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                          No, he was pretty mediocre and he's out, so now you're picking a tackle out of your pile of ****** backups.

                          The Browns sacked Ben 8 times in the second game last season and I'm curious how many people can name a single player who got 1 or more of those sacks without looking it up.
                          I know.

                          I blame the 8 sacks on the OL and Bruce Arians. Also to Ben for holding onto the ball for that long.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                            I know.

                            I blame the 8 sacks on the OL and Bruce Arians. Also to Ben for holding onto the ball for that long.
                            Was that the game where we had been running the ball pretty well in past games, and their run defense was statistically poor, and Arians, for some reason, decided to go all Mike Martz and we lost?

                            Props to clover_jeez!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                              I'd be more worried if Kemo got injured than with Colon's injury. When Kemo was out last year, we lost most of those games. His pulling plays are a staple for our running game, and he's as strong as they come. Sure, he can improve his pass-protection, but he's solid. Colon's loss, it's not THAT bad. It's bad, but, as Hines said, he's overrated. I don't know where people get that he's one of the elite RT's in the league. He's not. Or at least he gets way too many penalties to be considered one.

                              I guess this means we should play Dixon instead!
                              There hasn't been an elite offensive lineman in Pittsburgh since Faneca left. No one on that line is any good, save possibly Pouncey

                              Pittsburgh has the worst line in the division and it's not even close, healthy or not, they just aren't good.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information