Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pierce retires and joins ESPN

Former Giants LB Pierce retires, joins ESPN

BRISTOL, CONN.(AP) óLinebacker Antonio Pierce has retired from the NFL after nine seasons and is joining ESPN as and NFL analyst.

"maybe, if we just hire enough players, eventually we'll find some who don't suck on camera!"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

They have nothing to add, they either a) state the obvious or b) are too radical. Not one has anything informative or interesting to say.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
        "who are we kidding... we could have emmitt smith try to read the phone book for an hour and people would still watch sportscenter and think it was actually news."
        thank goodness I get the NFL network. best pregame show there is.

Comment

is it really that much better? it's hard to imagine it can get worse than some of the **** espn plays, but i haven't had nfln in months. their draft coverage wasn't bad, though i don't get all the love for whoever their mel kiper is.
          I just find Rich Eisen to be genuinely funny. Also, the players who are on NFLN are far more tolerable. Warren Sapp is a bit of a jackass, and Jamie Dukes can be annoying, but besides those two, I have no complaints.

Comment

I don't particularly like anyone on ESPN, but I hate Jamie Dukes with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
              I hate Jamie Dukes with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

"why ya gotta hate, son?"

Comment

"who are we kidding... we could have emmitt smith try to read the phone book for an hour and people would still watch sportscenter and think it was actually news."
                Watching Emmitt Smith try and read a phone book would be unbelievably entertaining.

Comment

I like Bruschi on ESPN. Pierce could be good. The defenses always ran through him on the field and he always had the reputation of being a cerebral LB but not having the greatest physical tools. Opinionated too.

Comment

Meh its collecting a paycheck so you can't blame him. On a similar note, what is ESPN just a holding arena for coaches?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

just hire someone who isn't a player damn...also i wish i had NFLN

Comment

Is it just me, or is Trey Wingo a gigantic douchenozzle?

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                          just hire someone who isn't a player damn...also i wish i had NFLN
                          Thats becoming a dieing trend, because then reporters or journalists, or commentators are hit with the infamous "you didn't play the game so you just don't" get in nonsense cliche.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

it's good for espn as long as they just make him give opinions and not have to cover any stories. he can't cover anything
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                              Is it just me, or is Trey Wingo a gigantic douchenozzle?
                              I hate that guy. Talks all cocky like he has experience playing in the NFL.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                              Originally posted by Borat
                              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information