No announcement yet.

Player or Team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, he was traded to the Chiefs and I still rooted for the Niners.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

If Barry was traded or released from the Lions before he retired I would no longer be a Lions fan.
      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

since this alludes to lebronmania i'll break it down by sport.

NFL-divided loyalties. football is way more of a team game. i would have to lean towards staying with my team, however it all would depend on management. if detroit were to cut stafford or mess with his contract or head, then i would be tempted to switch loyalties. with that said, i would probably stay a lions fan, but have divided loyalties and still follow stafford.

mlb-team all the way. players get traded all the time. i don't care what the tigers do, i actually trust them to make the right decisions. we traded granderson and ended up making out like thieves.

nba-player. its a superstar, individualistic league. i don't even have a favorite nba team. i just watch whoever is playing. its too diluted. i'm fine with watching the pistons, lakers, chris paul, and about a half dozen others.

nhl-team. game is filled with history and tradition, especially in detroit. team all the way.
        SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
        Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

I am loyal to the teams. There are some players that really get you when they leave. Steve McNair and Mats Sundin were both extremely tough for me. Both were staples for my teams when I was just getting into each sport.

For McNair, he was the reason I became a Titans fan. Seeing the treatment he was receiving before going to the Ravens was ******. But after watching the team and becoming emotionally attached after those years, I wouldn't change.

Comment

I will always cheer for LT

Comment

Team. Been with the Saints after seeing some of my favorite players leave in the past. I wish those players the best but always root for my team.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                I became a Saints fan when they drafted Stallworth, so the trade to Phi made me choose, and I chose team. But I still wish he would do amazing.

The I became a LeCharles Bentley fan, then he goes to Cleveland and gets Staph.

Then I become a Karney fan, and he gets cut on his wedding day.

Im hoping my string stops with Evans and Nicks.
                So do I.

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                well, he was traded to the Chiefs and I still rooted for the Niners.
                I continued to love the 49ers after Montana left as well. See Brent, my heart is big enough to still have some love for the 49ers.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                  Team, of course. I still root for all my favorite former Steelers like Peezy and that's it. If they went to a team that I hate or a rival team, then all bets are off and I don't like that player anymore. But it's the team first.

Don't ever mention him again or admit you're a hypocrite

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                  On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                  Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Team of course. I bleed green and gold. I'm loyal to the team as a whole, not the individual parts of it. My old favourite player of all time left. He's my least favourite player of all time now. You disrespect us, the fanbase, and we'll disrespect you right back. No one is bigger then the team.

If someone is saying player, then they're obviously not a diehard.

Comment

Depends on the sport. When Holt went to the Jags, I stayed with the Rams and still stuck on them. Or if, please dear God, God forbid Pujols went elsewhere, I would stick by with the Cards. However, in the NBA, my guy is D-Wade and if he woulda went to the Bulls, I woulda went with him. However, I stick with the Heat and now I look like a banwagoner.

Comment

Team of course.

Hard to do in the age of FA, but it's FB we're talking & it's the best, last true team sport.

Comment

Definitely team although if I liked the player enough I would still root for them.

With the Pats it's kind of inevitable that some players will leave or be traded so it's happened before. I have no real hard feelings towards any player who left but I wouldnt exactly root for them. I may start rooting for Seymour after this year because I want the Riaders to suck bad and get the Pats a high pick.

Best example I can think of is when Henrik Larsson left Celtic and went to Barcelona. He will go down as one of Celtic's best ever players and I cheered for him when Barcelona won the Champions League. It was harder when he went to Manchester United but I still really liked him.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Team. I'm a Niner till a die...Ner

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                              I'm a Raider fan. Everyone who I like leaves.

Except for Tim Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Scout200 View Post
                                If your all-time favorite player from your favorite team left, would you follow the player or stay with the team?

-Scout
                                Brownssssssssssssssssssssss > Winslowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information