No announcement yet.

Pivotal plays in NFL History

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titans fans, just skip this post....I truly apologize......

Comment

65 toss power trap. :)

Comment

U know what I feel bad for doing that to Titans fans, so here is my torture and the beginning of the dynasty of the 2000s.

Comment

Lions-Bears 2000

The Lions-Bears game in 2000 when Edinger made a 50+ yard FG and sent the Lions home for the holidays. That led to the Millen-Morninhweg era, and the beginning of the end for Detroit.

Comment

Tuck Rule.

More Foxboro hijinks in the snow: when the Pats HC had the snowplow driver (a parolee from the Massachusetts state pen) clear a path for the FG kicker in the inch-deep snow on the field for a NE 3-pointer.

Hoculi's stupidity, a bogus penalty that cost the Bolts a W & launched the Steelers toward a SB win.

The Jets QB awarded a TD on a QB sneak that was > a yard short of the EZ.

Tony Romo's fumbled snap for the extra point in Seattle that marked the beginning of the Dallas playoffs drought.

5-6 plays resulting in bad calls against Seattle in the Steelers SB win that caused a Seahawks fan to hold up the sign in the stands THE STEELERS 12TH MAN WEARS A STRIPED SHIRT.

When the Steelers called "heads" in the pregame coin toss 2 decades ago, it came up heads & their opponents got the call. Steelers team captains came to subsequent coin tosses that year carrying signs reading I CALL HEADS.
            Last edited by LizardState; 07-14-2010, 07:55 PM.

Comment

I hate how most of these plays are when the Raiders get screwed :(

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Sugar Bear Hamilton

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                I hate how most of these plays are when the Raiders get screwed :(
                Well, here's a game where they didn't: The 1976 AFC Divisional Playoff game against the Patriots when Sugar Bear Hamilton got called for a roughing the passer penalty on third and 18. That play led to 21-17 Raider win, and they went on to win their next two games and take the Super Bowl crown.

That turned out to be devastating for New England. A young, promising team that came from nowhere would never win a playoff game, and it took nine years for the franchise to win one, only to be severely pwned by the Bears in the Super Bowl.

If New England holds them on the next play, they probably go to Pittsburgh and win since Franco and Rocky didn't play, and they beat them earlier that year in Pittsburgh with them in the lineup. They would have went on to beat the Vikings as well. That would have changed the franchise's future completely, maybe even to the point where the Belichick and Brady era doesn't exist.

As for Oakland, they would be remembered as one of the best, if not the best, team to never win one. 1976 was their best chance. I don't think that they were going to beat Denver in 77, and the powerful Steelers regained their crown the next two years. New England also would have been a factor with the confidence of a Super Bowl win, and Chuck Fairbanks may not have deserted them to go back to college in 1978.

Besides, that Raider team started to break up in the late-70's, anyway. People like Biletnikoff, Sistrunk, Dr. Death, Atkinson, and Villapiano would be gone through cuts, trades, or retirement. And, no SB win in 76 may have hastened Madden's and Stabler's departures as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
                  Well, here's a game where they didn't: The 1976 AFC Divisional Playoff game against the Patriots when Sugar Bear Hamilton got called for a roughing the passer penalty on third and 18. That play led to 21-17 Raider win, and they went on to win their next two games and take the Super Bowl crown.

That turned out to be devastating for New England. A young, promising team that came from nowhere would never win a playoff game, and it took nine years for the franchise to win one, only to be severely pwned by the Bears in the Super Bowl.

If New England holds them on the next play, they probably go to Pittsburgh and win since Franco and Rocky didn't play, and they beat them earlier that year in Pittsburgh with them in the lineup. They would have went on to beat the Vikings as well. That would have changed the franchise's future completely, maybe even to the point where the Belichick and Brady era doesn't exist.

As for Oakland, they would be remembered as one of the best, if not the best, team to never win one. 1976 was their best chance. I don't think that they were going to beat Denver in 77, and the powerful Steelers regained their crown the next two years. New England also would have been a factor with the confidence of a Super Bowl win, and Chuck Fairbanks may not have deserted them to go back to college in 1978.

Besides, that Raider team started to break up in the late-70's, anyway. People like Biletnikoff, Sistrunk, Dr. Death, Atkinson, and Villapiano would be gone through cuts, trades, or retirement. And, no SB win in 76 may have hastened Madden's and Stabler's departures as well.
                  Yup, had the Steelers been completely healthy in 1976, they probably would have won the SB that year. They fielded the best D in NFL history that season. Their offense was just absolutely decimated by injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                    Yup, had the Steelers been completely healthy in 1976, they probably would have won the SB that year. They fielded the best D in NFL history that season. Their offense was just absolutely decimated by injuries.
                    haha. The 1976 Raiders Americas Game is on right now.

The way their offense shut down without those RB's only adds to notion that Terry Bradshaw is the most overrated QB of all-time.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                      haha. The 1976 Raiders Americas Game is on right now.
                      look at how many HoFers were on those Madden Raiders teams. It was un-*******-real.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Steve Young's famous run against the Vikings in 1988. If Steve Young doesn't make that run and win the game the 49ers don't make the playoffs and don't go on to win the Super Bowl.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                        Originally posted by Borat
                        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                          My balls, they are being smahed....
                          This one didn't piss me off as bad as this last years. Probably because it means a little more to me now. And the fact that Favre has done the same thing twice.

sig by fenikz
                          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                          You are just a terrible person.
                          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                          I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
                            This one didn't piss me off as bad as this last years. Probably because it means a little more to me now. And the fact that Favre has done the same thing twice.

98 hurt more. I was too young to understand then that the Vikings are a cursed franchise. Also we were the most talented team in the league that year by a fair margin and I don't think that was the case last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                              Steve Young's famous run against the Vikings in 1988. If Steve Young doesn't make that run and win the game the 49ers don't make the playoffs and don't go on to win the Super Bowl.

Agreed. If the Vikes win, they take the Central, and get the home field with a 12-4 record. If they go and win the Super Bowl over Cincinnati, they don't trade for Herschel Walker the next year, and the Dallas run in the early-90's doesn't happen unless some other team is stupid enough to give up that much. However, even if someone else would have, Minnesota could have positioned itself to combat Dallas in the draft. They could have gotten Emmitt Smith or Rodney Hampton in the first round in 1990, they could have gotten Favre the next year, and they could have drafted Carl Pickens or Levon Kirkland in the 1992 first round. We may be talking about a Minnesota dynasty instead of Dallas.

Comment

1998 Seahawks, Vinny Testaverde scores a TD with his helmet. Seahawks miss the playoffs, Dennis Erickson gets fired. Mike Holmgren takes over and leads the Seahawks to their only 5 division titles and only Superbowl appearance. That play was also a major factor in getting instant replay reviews back in the NFL.
                                "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information