Bradshaw no big fan of Clausen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradshaw no big fan of Clausen

Let me say what I said before earlier up to the (NFL) draft," Bradshaw began about Clausen. "I didn't like him in college and I don't like him now. I never did like him. I don't like his delivery. I don't like his motion. I think he's too slow.

"Physically, the way he threw the football, I just didn't like him. (There's) way too much shoulder action. (He's) just another guy as far as I'm concerned."
    http://www.southbendtribune.com/arti...80/1021/Sports

i bet he loves tebow and tebow has way worse problems than jimmy
    E]

Comment

Bradshaw went senile a long time ago
      Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Bradshaw also doesn't like Tom Brady. Why does anyone continue to listen to the 1970s Ben Roethlisberger?
        **** her in da *****!

Comment

Did Bradshaw just call Clausen a JAG?? Wow.
          I never thought Jimmy had a slow release, and if his throwing mechanics are poor, that is, too much upper body motion and not enough drive from his base, that's an easy problem to fix.

It's too early to close the book on Clausen, I still like him as a prospect.

Comment

Bradshaw is the guy everyone refers to when arguing rings vs. stats, as in "Was Terry Bradshaw better than Dan Marino because he has rings?" JC might not work out but I don't care what Bradshaw says.

Anyone remember "GIT-YO-SELF-OUTTA HERE"?

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
              i bet he loves tebow and tebow has way worse problems than jimmy
              I beg to differ.

Tebow already transformed his throwing motion, footwork, etc. b/c he was desperate to impress scouts in his Pro Day after a substandard sr. yr. He admits he still has a long way to go but I guess Denver drank the hype koolaid & took him way too early.

Clausen is also a work in progress but was considered more NFL-ready, I guess the QB need in Carolina after the Delhomme disaster was greater too.

Bradshaw was right about Clausen, he is too slow, needs a lot of work but is more coachable than Tebow. He's also a better game mgr. & less risky. I think Clausen's performance last season was amplified by the 2 superlative WRs at ND & he looked a lot better than he was. They adjusted to his long passes with their superior ball skills & had freakish RAC yds to pad the passing stats.

If Bradshaw watched any of Tebow's misadventures last yr. & paid attention he would hate him too.

Comment

"(He's) just another guy as far as I'm concerned."
                That's pretty much how I have always felt about Bradshaw as a player, it must have been nice playing with arguably the best defense ever.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                  Bradshaw is the guy everyone refers to when arguing rings vs. stats, as in "Was Terry Bradshaw better than Dan Marino because he has rings?" JC might not work out but I don't care what Bradshaw says.

Anyone remember "GIT-YO-SELF-OUTTA HERE"?
                  Not to digress, but other than Staubach, (with a nod to Tarkenton and Stabler), Bradshaw was the best QB of the 1970s, so I'm not gonna diss him like he was some scrub.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post

Bradshaw was right about Clausen, he is too slow, needs a lot of work but is more coachable than Tebow.
                    More coachable then Tebow? You lost me.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                      More coachable then Tebow? You lost me.
                      Every QB in the last draft is more coachable than Tebow b/c Tebow has some grandiose vision of destiny as a star NFL QB where he's concerned.

IMO he doesn't even remotely accept the idea that he would be better at another position. Didn't McDaniel or some of the Denver FO people say something about how they "drafted him to be a QB," but team reps say literally anything in those sappy PR valentines about their draftees in April b/c they all want everyone to think they have drafted exclusively future superstars.

Of those rookie QBs Tebow is the definition of QB Project, he has the farthest developmental distance to go to be an effective NFL QB.
                      Last edited by LizardState; 07-16-2010, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                        Every QB in the last draft is more coachable than Tebow b/c Tebow has some grandiose vision of destiny as a star NFL QB where he's concerned.

IMO he doesn't even remotely accept the idea that he would be better at another position. Didn't McDaniel or some of the Denver FO people say something about how they "drafted him to be a QB," but team reps say literally anything in those sappy PR valentines about their draftees in April b/c they all want everyone to think they have drafted exclusively future superstars.

Of those rookie QBs Tebow is the definition of QB Project, he has the farthest developmental distance to go to be an effective NFL QB.
                        If he's not rushed, I can still see Tebow being the most successful of the QBs in this draft. His problem is more footwork that actual delivery. It'll take time, and there will be ugly moments, but if he's coached correctly, he'll eventually get it.

The Florida passing game is pretty much an exact copy of McDaniels' scheme. BB and McDaniels hosted Meyer often during the offseason, and the Patriots designed a lot of their passing game around what Meyer was doing out of the spread at Florida. So the offensive transition isn't going to be nearly as hard as everyone thinks it is.

Everyone knocks the UF spread for being gimmicky, but that really only applies to the run portion of the offense. The route combinations and reads really are still the same that you'll see in most offensive attacks. It's certainly much closer to the pro game than anything that Spurrier ran, which is why I never understood the "UF WIDE RECEIVER BUSTZZZZ" argument for Harvin.

I still maintain that if VY can be half-successful at the NFL level, then Tim Tebow can, too.

Comment

Say what you want about McDaniels but he has a pretty good track record when it comes to QB's, Brady,Cassel and Orton all had statistically their best seasons under him.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                            Say what you want about McDaniels but he has a pretty good track record when it comes to QB's, Brady,Cassel and Orton all had statistically their best seasons under him.
                            Which is why drafting a project in the first round was particularly ******** for Denver.

I agree with Bradshaw though. Clausen might be a starting QB in this league, but I don't see him being a good one. Nothing special about him physically, he does have some mechanical issues, and he does seem like a douche.

Comment

The concept that blows my mind is that people never go past Tebow's mechanical issues in evaluation. He may be a smart kid, he may be a good leader, and he may be a hard worker, but in terms of reading defenses, doing cross-field progressions, running a timing-based pass attack, and basically all of the stuff required to be a good NFL quarterback, he's the worst 1st round pick I've ever seen.

Clausen has issues. His mechanical issues may have been exacerbated by his foot injury, causing him to get more shoulder into the throw and knocking off his release point, but he wasn't picture perfect before the foot injury. I don't really see the argument that Clausen will fail because his mechanics are a bit wonky (even with the weird release, he's way better than Quinn was leaving Notre Dame). I would buy that Clausen doesn't have the attitude to succeed in the NFL, but I wouldn't buy that from Bradshaw even if that was what Bradshaw was talking about. He's not a talent evaluator in any sense of the word.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information