X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scpanther22
    started a topic Bradshaw no big fan of Clausen

Bradshaw no big fan of Clausen

Let me say what I said before earlier up to the (NFL) draft," Bradshaw began about Clausen. "I didn't like him in college and I don't like him now. I never did like him. I don't like his delivery. I don't like his motion. I think he's too slow.

"Physically, the way he threw the football, I just didn't like him. (There's) way too much shoulder action. (He's) just another guy as far as I'm concerned."
    http://www.southbendtribune.com/arti...80/1021/Sports

• A Perfect Score
    replied
    Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Yes, yes, yes.

Check my posts from before the draft and you'll see I ranked Clausen as my #5 QB. Yeah, FIVE. Why? He wasn't ready for the NFL at all, came from an overrated team, without many assets.
    First off, as much as we as fans like to suggest, scouting departments aren't stupid. There is a legitimate reason that Clausen went in the second and Pike went in the sixth. ***** and whine all you want, but regardless, Im going to trust the Panthers scouting department over you every time. You can make the same argument for me, but...

From everything I've seen, and trust I've seen much more then Im comfortable with (stemming from me having no life between March and August), Clausen is far more ready for the NFL then Pike is. Throwing aside the system argument, which I think is highly overrated in the first place, Clausen has a better arm, his mechanics (and by this I mean motion and footwork) are more sound, and he doesn't have the confidence issues that have always haunted Pike. Say what you will about Clausen, and Im certainly not his biggest fan, but confidence isnt an issue. Hes going to go out and hes going to throw the football and he isnt going to regret making a throw.

Saying Pike is more NFL ready then Clausen is just stupid, and you know it. So don't come kicking around here and suggesting that just because he's got a 6'6 frame and a nice arm that he's the next Joe Flacco or Josh Freeman because he isn't. Pike will be lucky if he compares favorable to a guy like Derek Anderson when its all said and done, whereas Clausen has the chance to be a legitimate player in this league. **** Terry Bradshaw, he starred in a movie with Matthew McConaghey. Nuff Said.

Originally posted by dannyz View Post
    The QB Class this Year was bad. Tebow getting Picked in the First Round is not even Funny. Clausen will not have the Best Rookie Year. The Panthers have no WR's other than Steve Smith, they have to play the Defending Champs, A Hungry Falcons team and a Rebuliding Tampa Bay, Until they get WR Weapons around him he will not do anyting.
    And I dont know about you, but Ill take a healthy Steve Smith all by his lonesome over a whole hell of a lot of WR cores in the NFL. That man is a warrior and always has been.

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    The Loss of Peppers.Harris,Davis will hurt them.
    Peppers yes, Harris hell no considering Martin and Godfrey are both better, Davis, it'll hurt a little but James Anderson was more than adequate in his place last year.

Leave a comment:

• dannyz
    replied
    Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
    You realise the Panthers went 4-2 in the division and also beat Minnesota who started everyone late in the year once they dropped Delhomme?

They did pretty damn well against NO in the first game and only lost because of a late fumble from DeAngelo Williams, a player who has less turnovers in 2 years than Adrian Peterson had in one game.

The Delhomme incident, is why the Panthers were an 8-8 team last year. They'll be well and truly in the mix this year and I'll be wholly surprised if Clausen starts at all this year.
    The Loss of Peppers.Harris,Davis will hurt them.

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    Originally posted by scpanther22 View Post
    the vid of Bradshaw talking about clausen
    http://www.wsbt.com/sports/irish/Bra...?video=pop&t=a
    His delivery and mechanics have been instilled in a professional style since he was 13. Bradshaw is ridiculously stupid if he thinks there's anything wrong with the way clausen throws a ball. He had to tweak it a little because of his toe, but other than that "the way he thows da bawl" has never been anything close to an issue.

Leave a comment:

• scpanther22
    replied
    the vid of Bradshaw talking about clausen
    http://www.wsbt.com/sports/irish/Bra...?video=pop&t=a

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    The QB Class this Year was bad. Tebow getting Picked in the First Round is not even Funny. Clausen will not have the Best Rookie Year. The Panthers have no WR's other than Steve Smith, they have to play the Defending Champs, A Hungry Falcons team and a Rebuliding Tampa Bay, Until they get WR Weapons around him he will not do anyting.
    You realise the Panthers went 4-2 in the division and also beat Minnesota who started everyone late in the year once they dropped Delhomme?

They did pretty damn well against NO in the first game and only lost because of a late fumble from DeAngelo Williams, a player who has less turnovers in 2 years than Adrian Peterson had in one game.

The Delhomme incident, is why the Panthers were an 8-8 team last year. They'll be well and truly in the mix this year and I'll be wholly surprised if Clausen starts at all this year.

Leave a comment:

• dannyz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scotty D
    replied
    Throw in the worst offensive line in the world.
    Which didn't stop him from putting up good numbers. So what is your point?

Leave a comment:

• Hurricanes25
    replied
    So than that should make Clausen look even better, right?

Leave a comment:

• RealityCheck
    replied
    Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
    Would you please answer my question about what you mean? Clausen didn't have many assets? Golden Tate, Michael Floyd, and Kyle Rudolph?

Leave a comment:

• Scotty D
    replied
    Yes, yes, yes.

Check my posts from before the draft and you'll see I ranked Clausen as my #5 QB. Yeah, FIVE. Why? He wasn't ready for the NFL at all, came from an overrated team, without many assets.
    Would you please answer my question about what you mean? Clausen didn't have many assets? Golden Tate, Michael Floyd, and Kyle Rudolph?

Leave a comment:

• JFLO
    replied
    Yea RC, I have a better NFL body than Tony Pike lol...he's 6'6" and what like 210? I'm 6'3" 210 and most likely in better shape than Tony Pike, I can say that comfortably...

he's probably a better quarterback than me, but to call his physicality good is bad.

Leave a comment:

• Hurricanes25
    replied
    The thing is: Pike has an NFL body and a NFL arm. And he has produced as well.
    A) Pike is tall and thin. He needs to add more weight.
    B) His arm is above average, on par with Clausen.

Leave a comment:

• Paranoidmoonduck
    replied
    What? Clausen has the size to play in the NFL, easily has the arm to play in the NFL, and produced very well in college.

He may not have an NFL head, but that's not what you're saying.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information