No announcement yet.

Bradford to get Record Deal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one who thought Bradford was getting a music contract after reading the title?

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
      so an inflationaryesque wage scale?
      Im pretty sure thats how the NBA does it. they set the scale and every year increase the pick so that way the pick makes a little more then last years, I guess for the economy reason or something.

Per wikipedia, I am wrong. The only thing for rookies is the 1st pick had to make more then the 2nd, and the 2nd more then the 3rd, etc.
      Last edited by zachsaints52; 07-16-2010, 08:34 PM.

Comment

That is outrageous. No rookie should get that much guaranteed. I don't think the whole contract should be that high, much less just the guaranteed portion.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
          Am I the only one who thought Bradford was getting a music contract after reading the title?
          Haha......I didn't think that one through....oh well, gets the point across.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing
            RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Even the guaranteed money figures in a contract like that are misleading. Just like Russell, Ryan, and Stafford, Bradford's guaranteed figure is above and beyond what he'll actually get from that contract.

Comment

I agree it is ridiculous. No rookie should make that much money.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Next Pro Bowl QB to have his contract expire will get a bigger one. Next year's top pick will get a bigger one too if there's no scale. It's how the NFL works.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                    Next Pro Bowl QB to have his contract expire will get a bigger one. Next year's top pick will get a bigger one too if there's no scale. It's how the NFL works.
                    The pro bowl QB has at least done something to earn it. The rookie scale can't come soon enough imo.....I can't imagine another CBA being reached without one.

Comment

For those of you wondering when all this ridiculousness started, it was pretty much with Michael Vick. Peyton Manning and Tim Couch received $8 and $7 million per year, including 11.6 and 12.5 million bonus respectively.

Fast-forward two years, Michael Vick is getting over $10 million per year. Then it got even worse with Eli Manning. He got $9 million per year, but his guaranteed money doubled what Carson Palmer got the season before to 20 million.

Originally posted by SolidGold
                      Bortlezzzzzzz
                      Originally posted by Monomach
                      Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
                        For those of you wondering when all this ridiculousness started, it was pretty much with Michael Vick. Peyton Manning and Tim Couch received $8 and $7 million per year, including 11.6 and 12.5 million bonus respectively.

Fast-forward two years, Michael Vick is getting over $10 million per year. Then it got even worse with Eli Manning. He got $9 million per year, but his guaranteed money doubled what Carson Palmer got the season before to 20 million.
                        Are you somehow arguing that Peyton and Couch's contracts weren't ridiculous to start with?

Comment

I can't see how the vets like this so I'd have to think they'd go along with the owners to create a rookie pay scale.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Agreed, the NFL needs a rookie wage scale desperately.

Comment

yes, because he capitalized 'record' for some reason.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Are you guys actually surprised? This should be expected, they didn't implement a Rookie Wage Scale this year and the contracts are just going to keep going higher without it.
                                | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information