No announcement yet.

Judge rips Tank Johnson for "cowardice" in friend's murder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's easy to sit in an armchair and render a judgement on someone for acting how they did in a crisis, but until you're in that situation no one knows how they'll act. **** that judge.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
      It's easy to sit in an armchair and render a judgement on someone for acting how they did in a crisis, but until you're in that situation no one knows how they'll act. **** that judge.
      QFT.

I'm not judging anyone because who knows what goes through your head when **** like that is going down.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
        Wasn't Tank the one who got busted with an aresenal the size of a 3rd world country a while ago? It's unreasonable to assume he has absolutely no training when it comes to gun safety. He's not an EMT, but it doesn't take a genius to know that putting pressure on a wound or tying a tourniquet to stop blood loss helps. The only danger he has with stepping in to help the victim is if he's licensed in CPR or is a doctor, nurse, etc. Plus, since Johnson has no medical training, he wouldn't be able to tell if the shot is a mortal wound or what so not trying implies he just didn't care enough his friend's life. Not to mention if the guy was still conscious when the attacker left, it'd would've been honorable to stay with the victim during his death despite not being able to do anything. He may've done that though, I dunno.
        More often than not, first responders say it is better for you to do nothing; dont touch or mess with them. Good Samaritan types can do more harm than good.

C'mon Bengals. He's either incredibly self-serving or incompetant. Don't see the need to defend the guy. So what if the judge scolded him? That's what judges do. Tank could've done more. If not having the training is what stopped him, then he could've called the police and had a qualified person talk him through some basic to help stabilize the victim until medics got there. He didn't do that, but instead of getting in trouble for straight up lying to police, he ended up with a lecture. Yeah, the judge is the bad guy.
        It is absolutely NOT the judges place to demean or scold a State's witness!

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
          It is absolutely NOT the judges place to demean or scold a State's witness!
          He lied to the police! Why the hell shouldn't he be scolded for that? His friend was dead, he did nothing to help, and then lied to the police. Just because he's a witness? He's no victim! He wasn't the guy who died. It's sad for him, but apparently the guy wasn't important enough for Johnson to initially fully cooperative with authorites and therefore risk getting cut by the Bears. So why should the judge bother to side step his feelings? He saw what happened. He could've not only done more at the scene (You're not going to do more harm than good holding pressure on a wound. Quit it with that ********, Bengals. No medic is going to get there and say, "What the...which idiot tried to stop the bleeding?!" If that's a hard line from first responders, it's probably to prevent bystanders from full on playing doctor, giving them medication, or something like that. Not to prevent people from holding pressure on a wound in a life or death situation. Give me a break!!), but he also lied about being a witness to a crime and withheld information initially - that's ******* obstruction of justice; Best case is a gross misdemeanor for making a false/misleading statement in a criminal investigation. You know what kind of **** he could've gotten into had he made those comments under oath? Fortunately for him he decided to cooperate and testify truthfully - only after the fact when it didn't hurt him.

Tank Johnson didn't do a damn thing to help Posey after he got shot that night. He didn't render "aid" when Posey was laying there dying. He didn't render "aid" by fully working with police to help bring justice for Posey. He didn't do anything for a guy he referred to as his "best friend." Instead, he kept his hands clean of the entire thing - all so he could play football. I'll only concede that calling him a coward was a tad - a slight sliver - over the line, but there is no way in hell that Tank Johnson's actions that night were anything but self-preserving.

So tell me again, why Tank Johnson, a repeat offender before then and since, didn't deserve a little tongue lashing from a judge?! Seriously Bengals?! Are you ******* serious?!

People really need to stop being so God damn sensitive! The guy is a judge - whether you like it or not, he has the authority to...wait for it...JUDGE! He thought Tank Johnson's behavior was wrong, and said so. That's it. You don't like it? Tough. Cause I'm sure the family of the actual victim got some closure by the judge saying those few sentences to the man who just sat on the sidelines while their loved one bled out in the middle of a night club and then was unwilling to help bring justice to their loved one all because he didn't want to get cut due to all the run ins with the law he's had.

But no, poor Tank Johnson may or may not have got his feelings hurt. Lets all ***** and moan about the bully of a judge. Give me a ******* break.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
            He lied to the police! Why the hell shouldn't he be scolded for that? His friend was dead, he did nothing to help, and then lied to the police. Just because he's a witness? He's no victim! He wasn't the guy who died. It's sad for him, but apparently the guy wasn't important enough for Johnson to initially fully cooperative with authorites and therefore risk getting cut by the Bears. So why should the judge bother to side step his feelings? He saw what happened. He could've not only done more at the scene (You're not going to do more harm than good holding pressure on a wound. Quit it with that ********, Bengals. No medic is going to get there and say, "What the...which idiot tried to stop the bleeding?!" If that's a hard line from first responders, it's probably to prevent bystanders from full on playing doctor, giving them medication, or something like that. Not to prevent people from holding pressure on a wound in a life or death situation. Give me a break!!), but he also lied about being a witness to a crime and withheld information initially - that's ******* obstruction of justice; Best case is a gross misdemeanor for making a false/misleading statement in a criminal investigation. You know what kind of **** he could've gotten into had he made those comments under oath? Fortunately for him he decided to cooperate and testify truthfully - only after the fact when it didn't hurt him.

Tank Johnson didn't do a damn thing to help Posey after he got shot that night. He didn't render "aid" when Posey was laying there dying. He didn't render "aid" by fully working with police to help bring justice for Posey. He didn't do anything for a guy he referred to as his "best friend." Instead, he kept his hands clean of the entire thing - all so he could play football. I'll only concede that calling him a coward was a tad - a slight sliver - over the line, but there is no way in hell that Tank Johnson's actions that night were anything but self-preserving.

So tell me again, why Tank Johnson, a repeat offender before then and since, didn't deserve a little tongue lashing from a judge?! Seriously Bengals?! Are you ******* serious?!

People really need to stop being so God damn sensitive! The guy is a judge - whether you like it or not, he has the authority to...wait for it...JUDGE! He thought Tank Johnson's behavior was wrong, and said so. That's it. You don't like it? Tough. Cause I'm sure the family of the actual victim got some closure by the judge saying those few sentences to the man who just sat on the sidelines while their loved one bled out in the middle of a night club and then was unwilling to help bring justice to their loved one all because he didn't want to get cut due to all the run ins with the law he's had.

But no, poor Tank Johnson may or may not have got his feelings hurt. Lets all ***** and moan about the bully of a judge. Give me a ******* break.

i agree completely. I cant say ive ever been shot at but the past year lving in Memphis ive heard lots of gunshots and i know i wouldnt stick around if i was the one being shot at, that said if i was being shot at and my friend got shot instead, screw running away im staying with them itd take a lot to keep me from going to the hospital with my friend let alone lie and go home. he deserves what he got plain and simple, maybe hes not a coward be he sure isnt an innocent victim here.

https://twitter.com/#!/DarthSharkPanch

Comment

Nobody got hit and if somebody did i'm 99% sure I would've stuck around and helped him until the amber lamps got there.

RIP ST

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information