Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Training Camp Power Rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
    What is with the personal vendetta against the colts? Why not put them at the top? They've only been in the playoffs for 7 straight years i think. The saints had a 3 year playoff drought between appearances. An with the way the NFC south works out this year i wouldn't be surprised if they went 8-8 an missed the playoffs.
    Vendetta? I didn't say they was bad by any means. Im just saying they didn't help their team out that much this year, like the other teams did. Again, it is for the reasons I mentioned before. OL still sucks, everyone gotten a year older, key players have injuries (Gonzo, Hayden, Sanders) who knows how they will be when they come back? While another AFC like the Ravens got a Pro Bowl WR, another WR in Stallworth, a pass rusher to compliment Suggs, a behemoth at NT to spell Gregg since he is older, and they kept their main guys in tact.

    And your gonna say the Saints will be bad because its "how the NFC South works" thats the best you can do? Come on man.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
      Vendetta? I didn't say they was bad by any means. Im just saying they didn't help their team out that much this year, like the other teams did. Again, it is for the reasons I mentioned before. OL still sucks, everyone gotten a year older, key players have injuries (Gonzo, Hayden, Sanders) who knows how they will be when they come back? While another AFC like the Ravens got a Pro Bowl WR, another WR in Stallworth, a pass rusher to compliment Suggs, a behemoth at NT to spell Gregg since he is older, and they kept their main guys in tact.

      And your gonna say the Saints will be bad because its "how the NFC South works" thats the best you can do? Come on man.
      Well when the division has not had a repeat winner ya it makes sense. I didn't feel the need to break down how Moore is a better QB than Delhomme and the falcons will have a healthy Ryan and Turner. Just for fun ill throw out the madden curse. No reason to believe the saints will have back to back good seasons. The colts o-line still sucks it has not stopped them, Gonzo and Sanders has not stopped them(we still made the super bowl with those against us).
      Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

      Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
        Wow... so the Saints get better, yet fall all the way to 13th.
        losing 2 of your 4 starters on the DL and the best guy in the Superbowl, LT, and still having a weak LB core isn't acutally getting better.

        Comment


        • #19
          1. Indianapolis Colts
          2. Green Bay Packers
          3. New Orleans Saints
          4. New England Patriots
          5. Baltimore Ravens
          6. Dallas Cowboys
          7. Houston Texans
          8. New York Jets
          9. San Diego Chargers
          10. Cincinnati Bengals
          11. Minnesota Vikings
          12. Washington Redskins
          13. Chicago Bears
          14. Atlanta Falcons
          15. Miami Dolphins
          16. New York Giants
          17. Tennessee Titans
          18. Philadelphia Eagles
          19. Arizona Cardinals
          20. San Francisco 49ers
          21. Pittsburgh Steelers
          22. Detroit Lions
          23. Oakland Raiders
          24. Carolina Panthers
          25. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
          26. Seattle Seahawks
          27. Kansas City Chiefs
          28. Denver Broncos
          29. Jacksonville Jaguars
          30. Buffalo Bills
          31. Cleveland Browns
          32. St. Louis Rams

          Originally posted by SolidGold
          Bortlezzzzzzz
          Originally posted by Monomach
          Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
            That may justify predicting the Niners winning the division, but it doesn't justify rating them high in power rankings. Bad competition doesn't actually make a team better.

            I think they are legit. They took the Vikes down to the wire and took a miracle play from Favre to beat them, and that was a team who should have been in the SB. They were beating the Colts I think by 10 points late in the 4th quarter, and held them to 3 points nearly the entire game and they were in the SB. They beat the Cardinals ass on national television and they were a playoff team.


            I think the Niners have made enough improvements to make them legit. Alex Smith is going to be improved, even if you argue how much, and pretty much everything else improved on the team.



            They lost a number of close games last year, and took some of the leagues best teams in the league down to the wire, I don't know why it's so hard to fathom to people that they are a legit team or will be much better.





            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
              Both of the lists in this thread so far are pretty bad IMO.
              Don't be mad that the Chiefs are CREEPIN UP ON THE AFC WEST!

              Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

              Comment


              • #22
                32. Seattle Seahawks
                31. Kansas City Chiefs
                30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                29. Buffalo Bills
                28. Jacksonville Jaguars
                27. St. Louis Rams
                26. Chicago Bears
                25. Cleveland Browns
                24. Oakland Raiders
                23. Washington Redskins
                22. Philadelphia Eagles
                21. Tennessee Titans
                20. Pittsburgh Steelers
                19. Detroit Lions
                18. Carolina Panthers
                17. Houston Texans
                16. Denver Broncos
                15. Miami Dolphins
                14. Arizona Cardinals
                13. Atlanta Falcons
                12. San Francisco 49ers
                11. New England Patriots
                10. New York Jets
                9. Cincinnati Bengals
                8. New York Giants
                7. Baltimore Ravens
                6. Minnesota Vikings
                5. Green Bay Packers
                4. Dallas Cowboys
                3. San Diego Chargers
                2. New Orleans Saints
                1. Indianapolis Colts

                Disclaimer : This list is full of bias and severely lacks logic.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I don't even really see what the point of making power rankings BEFORE the season is for. Aside from last year and how the teams drafted (neither of which tell you much, cause you don't know how the rookies are going to do, and how teams did last year have nothing to do with how they WILL do), really there is nothing to base your rankings off of. The only thing that power rankings this early mean is "hey look at me, i have an opinion."

                  sig by fenikz
                  Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                  You are just a terrible person.
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  I have an iPhone.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                    I applaud your effort on compiling a list. The most part i tried to mix them up. An someone seems to be bitter there team is not ranked very high.
                    Why would you assume I'm bitter, little insecure. You kind of just made a bad list. I mean if you like I could take it apart piece by piece, but now you're talking about vendettas and pretending Alex Smith's progression makes the 9ers better than the SB Champ Saints so.............

                    Originally posted by vidae View Post
                    Don't be mad that the Chiefs are CREEPIN UP ON THE AFC WEST!
                    you know I love the Chiefs. <3 <3 vidae

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Man, the Lions are getting a lot of love which is cool by me, but maybe a little too much

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Not only are these lists useless and full of bias but so are the comments.

                        A trend with these preseason lists yearly:
                        - 49ers, Lions, Texans being overrated.
                        - Steelers, Patriots, and Chargers underrated.
                        - Chiefs, Browns, Bills, and Rams in the bottom 5.
                        - Dolphins and Panthers look like they're thrown on.

                        Follow these and you basically have the foundation to a 'list'.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                          Not only are these lists useless and full of bias but so are the comments.

                          A trend with these preseason lists yearly:
                          - 49ers, Lions, Texans being overrated.
                          - Steelers, Patriots, and Chargers underrated.
                          - Chiefs, Browns, Bills, and Rams in the bottom 5.
                          - Dolphins and Panthers look like they're thrown on.

                          Follow these and you basically have the foundation to a 'list'.
                          The steelers lost one of their starting lineman on an already revolving door of a line with roethlisberger missing a chunk of the season who knows how he comes back, the pats are not the toast of their division the dolphins and jets wont be stepped all over, and the chargers have big question marks on offense. The above is how you develop an internet ego, attack something calling it stupid apparently thre are more important internet topics to discuss, ignore the topic at hand, and there you have made your internet ***** grow.
                          Last edited by Bob Sanders Dreadlock; 07-19-2010, 08:48 AM.
                          Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

                          Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                            Not only are these lists useless and full of bias but so are the comments.

                            A trend with these preseason lists yearly:
                            - 49ers, Lions, Texans being overrated.
                            - Steelers, Patriots, and Chargers underrated.
                            - Chiefs, Browns, Bills, and Rams in the bottom 5.
                            - Dolphins and Panthers look like they're thrown on.

                            Follow these and you basically have the foundation to a 'list'.

                            So maybe we should just make the list exactly by the final standings of last year. That way there is no change, or parity, and nobody can be over or underrated. I mean, obviously no teams ever go from being sorry to good, and all the playoff teams always make it the next season anyway.





                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                              losing 2 of your 4 starters on the DL and the best guy in the Superbowl, LT, and still having a weak LB core isn't acutally getting better.
                              Who did we lose on the DL? Grant and McCray? You got to be kidding me about losing them makes us worse. Grant has been horrible since his new contract, which is why we let him go, and besides the Favre and Warner hit McCray wasn't anything either. And we got Alex Brown and Jimmy Wilkerson, two guys who I would put above McCray. So in essence, we got better there and that point isnt valid

                              We have never had a good LBing core, so getting to the SB and winning it shows we don't need that good of one because with the Blitzes in Greg Williams system we don't need all-pros. But then again we do have a Pro Bowler in Johnathan Vilma, at LB, so its better then most. And the reason we didn't draft a LB is because of Stanely Arnoux, who will be starting.

                              And who is LT? Are you talking about Jamaal Brown?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                                The steelers lost one of their starting lineman on an already revolving door of a line with roethlisberger missing a chunk of the season who knows how he comes back, the pats are not the toast of their division the dolphins and jets wont be stepped all over, and the chargers have big question marks on offense. The above is how you develop an internet ego, attack something calling it stupid apparently thre are more important internet topics to discuss, ignore the topic at hand, and there you have made your internet ***** grow.
                                This is what is meant by when people say the Pats are underrated. The Pats arent the 'toast' of their division based off what exactly? The Jets got hot at the right time last year but don't forget they sneaked into the playoffs when they had to beat the Bengals and Colts who both rested their starters. The dolphins have been improving but they have not proven anything yet. They won the division two years ago but that was when Brady got hurt.

                                It is the easy option to say the Pats window is closing or they dont have the same 'it' they had a few years back.

                                A lot of the problems the Pats had where around a lack of experience at key times. With a further year in the system players like Mayo, Meriweather, Butler, Chung, Edelman, Vollmer, Tate etc should step it up.

                                I have yet to hear one convincing arguement as to why I would place either the Jets or Dolphins over the Patriots. Obviously I could be proven wrong but as of right now Im not buying the hype.


                                BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information