Pre-Training Camp Power Rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
    Well when the division has not had a repeat winner ya it makes sense. I didn't feel the need to break down how Moore is a better QB than Delhomme and the falcons will have a healthy Ryan and Turner. Just for fun ill throw out the madden curse. No reason to believe the saints will have back to back good seasons. The colts o-line still sucks it has not stopped them, Gonzo and Sanders has not stopped them(we still made the super bowl with those against us).
    I will not argue with someone whose main reason why a team will not be good is because "history of the nfc south" and madden curse. That is just laughable.

And did I not say the Colts were good? I just said you didn't do anything to help you this year, which the other teams did. So basically, whie you stayed put, other teams jumped you. You get it?

Comment

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
      I will not argue with someone whose main reason why a team will not be good is because "history of the nfc south" and madden curse. That is just laughable.

And did I not say the Colts were good? I just said you didn't do anything to help you this year, which the other teams did. So basically, whie you stayed put, other teams jumped you. You get it?
      You don't get it. If something has happened for 8 years straight in all likelihood it will probably happen again.
      Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

You don't get it. If something has happened for 8 years straight in all likelihood it will probably happen again.
        Not in a league allegedly based on parity. The Colts should be a top 5 team in pretty much every power ranking, however not because they have gone to the playoffs so many years in a row. It's because they have done well surrounding Manning with targets and having a great pass rush. That sounds really simplistic but it's true. It also helps that Manning has been in the same system his whole career.

Without adding much of anything to their team(Hughes will be good but he's way down the depth chart now) they can't expect to stay at the top. If something happens to say Dwight Freeney then the pass rush goes and the Colts defense becomes a lot less formidable.

And remember Peyton Manning had something like 10 4th quarter comebacks last year. Eventually that's going to stop happening

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
          Not in a league allegedly based on parity. The Colts should be a top 5 team in pretty much every power ranking, however not because they have gone to the playoffs so many years in a row. It's because they have done well surrounding Manning with targets and having a great pass rush. That sounds really simplistic but it's true. It also helps that Manning has been in the same system his whole career.

Without adding much of anything to their team(Hughes will be good but he's way down the depth chart now) they can't expect to stay at the top. If something happens to say Dwight Freeney then the pass rush goes and the Colts defense becomes a lot less formidable.

And remember Peyton Manning had something like 10 4th quarter comebacks last year. Eventually that's going to stop happening
          What a waste of a rant. You missed the barn by a mile. The streak i was talking about was the NFC south having a different winner for 8 straight years.

Comment

What a waste of a rant. You missed the barn by a mile. The streak i was talking about was the NFC south having a different winner for 8 straight years.
            Ok well I skimmed over it so obviously my last post can be disregarded. I dont agree however that you can base having the Saints so far down because of what happened the previous 8 years in the division.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Do not mistake coincidence for fate.

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                Ok well I skimmed over it so obviously my last post can be disregarded. I dont agree however that you can base having the Saints so far down because of what happened the previous 8 years in the division.
                It is also based on the panthers and falcons being better teams. On paper the Saints are about even with the falcons. If Matty ice is what people think he is the biggest disparity between the two teams will be closed.

Comment

I hate these threads so much.

Save for a handful, most NFL teams are .500 squads. A bounce here or a bounce there could leave them from anywhere between 6-10 and 10-6.

Injuries and depth will have a far greater outcome on seasons than talent at the top of the roster.

So, other than the elite handful of teams, you're basically trying to guess which teams will catch a few lucky breaks and/or stay healthy and overcome injuries. Good luck Miss Cleo.

Comment

Is everyone just assuming the Giants are going to get savagely raped by injuries again this year?

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                    Originally posted by JBCX
                    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

No apparently you don't get it. None of those teams were built longer then to go one year.

The year the Bucs won they let go of Lynch and Sapp and they always had a suspect line and Brad Johnson playing QB. They won because of defense and nothing else.

The Falcons was next and they had Vick. So what you want, but Vick wins games. They didn't place last the next year, they went 8-8, but thats because that was the year everyone but the Saints did amazing, and they almost went to playoffs too. But of course Vicks troubles catch up and the Falcons suck after that.

Bucs won because of Caddilac Williams and Chris Simms did good as rookies. So you really think they would have kept winning the division too?

Saints went on that magical ride because Sean Payton and brees brought the air attack which not alot of teams could deal with, but also had Deuce doing good. Then we release Deuce and our DBs was horrible and everyone threw against us (Jason David much?)

Bucs again, and its Jeff Garcia and Ernest Graham leading the way... see a trend yet? Noone has been built to keep winning.

2008, the Falcons minimized Ryans mistakes and played good D and ran with Turner, then Ryan and Turner have off years because of injuries so no wonder they don't repeat.

So now thats why the "curse of the nfc south" is like it is. No team was built to repeat, the closest thing was the Falcons with Vick, but all his troubles go from there. Now the Falcons are close to the Saints, but is Turner going to be back? Will their DB's actually play well? Do they have someone opposite Abraham because its only him on the pass rush? Will Ryan play as well as everyone expects? And Carolina? Really? The team who has no pass rush, lost one of their star LBs, have a unproven QB, noone but Smith to throw to, and a coaching staff on a one year deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                        Is everyone just assuming the Giants are going to get savagely raped by injuries again this year?
                        The Giants are an absolutely perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Good luck + relatively injury free=Superbowl winner
                        Bad bounces + mounting injuries=8-8

And the Giants are much, much more talented than most teams in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                          No apparently you don't get it. None of those teams were built longer then to go one year.

The year the Bucs won they let go of Lynch and Sapp and they always had a suspect line and Brad Johnson playing QB. They won because of defense and nothing else.

The Falcons was next and they had Vick. So what you want, but Vick wins games. They didn't place last the next year, they went 8-8, but thats because that was the year everyone but the Saints did amazing, and they almost went to playoffs too. But of course Vicks troubles catch up and the Falcons suck after that.

Bucs won because of Caddilac Williams and Chris Simms did good as rookies. So you really think they would have kept winning the division too?

Saints went on that magical ride because Sean Payton and brees brought the air attack which not alot of teams could deal with, but also had Deuce doing good. Then we release Deuce and our DBs was horrible and everyone threw against us (Jason David much?)

Bucs again, and its Jeff Garcia and Ernest Graham leading the way... see a trend yet? Noone has been built to keep winning.

2008, the Falcons minimized Ryans mistakes and played good D and ran with Turner, then Ryan and Turner have off years because of injuries so no wonder they don't repeat.

So now thats why the "curse of the nfc south" is like it is. No team was built to repeat, the closest thing was the Falcons with Vick, but all his troubles go from there. Now the Falcons are close to the Saints, but is Turner going to be back? Will their DB's actually play well? Do they have someone opposite Abraham because its only him on the pass rush? Will Ryan play as well as everyone expects? And Carolina? Really? The team who has no pass rush, lost one of their star LBs, have a unproven QB, noone but Smith to throw to, and a coaching staff on a one year deal?
                          The saints could have the same question marks. Will the young DB's continue to develop? Is Darren Sharper to old to continue his ballhawk ways? Will the wide outs be ok with Brees spreading the ball around? Can Jamaal Brown be replaced? The panthers upgraded their QB position. It is hard to get much worse than Delhomme was playing. The saints play was shaky the last 4 games of the season till they got their heads on straight. There could be more of the team that lost to tampa bay and needed OT to beat the redskins.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            The Giants are an absolutely perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Good luck + relatively injury free=Superbowl winner
                            Bad bounces + mounting injuries=8-8

And the Giants are much, much more talented than most teams in the league.
                            I'm biased but I don't think the giants are a good example. They went 8-8 in a year where all hell broke lose and everything that could go wrong did, OL, banged up, RBs?, devoured by injuries, WRs?, Young and inconsistent, Eli?, injuries to both feet, the DL? injuries and a lack of quality depth at DT, LB, Injuries and youth, DB, again injuries. The giants got screwed badly by injuries last year and where still a .500 ball club. Having shored up a lot of the team with even just bad luck the giants are a playoff squad.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                            Originally posted by JBCX
                            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                              I'm biased but I don't think the giants are a good example. They went 8-8 in a year where all hell broke lose and everything that could go wrong did, OL, banged up, RBs?, devoured by injuries, WRs?, Young and inconsistent, Eli?, injuries to both feet, the DL? injuries and a lack of quality depth at DT, LB, Injuries and youth, DB, again injuries. The giants got screwed badly by injuries last year and where still a .500 ball club. Having shored up a lot of the team with even just bad luck the giants are a playoff squad.
                              I think you just really wanted to get that off you're chest, because you're just agreeing with what I said.

I didn't say they were a .500 team. I said they're much, much more talented the the majority of the league. When they were healthy and lucky, they won the Superbowl. When riddled with injuries, they went 8-8. I'm just pointing out the extremes that could happen to a team, and why it's pointless to try and predict these things. You can't predict who is going to stay healthy and who is going to have good luck; it's impossible.

Comment

The saints could have the same question marks. Will the young DB's continue to develop? Is Darren Sharper to old to continue his ballhawk ways? Will the wide outs be ok with Brees spreading the ball around? Can Jamaal Brown be replaced? The panthers upgraded their QB position. It is hard to get much worse than Delhomme was playing. The saints play was shaky the last 4 games of the season till they got their heads on straight. There could be more of the team that lost to tampa bay and needed OT to beat the redskins.
                                When one of your corners has been in the league for 7 years and the other 4, I dont see how they are young, unless your referring to our 1st roud corner, but of course I bet you knew that.

Darren Sharper is consistent. Check his career, which is a trend your trying to tell me? If he shows the past 8 years he can, why not now?

The wideouts have always been okay with Brees spreading it out, hence the reason you never hear them complain abotu it. They know they compliment each other, and has been talked about for years.

Jamaal didn't play last year, so not too hard to replace him when he wasn't there.

And last 4 games, you mean when we rested players? Because if you check the games, most of our starters didn't play once we locked HFA. Keep trying though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information