Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future Hall OF Famers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So? Let's even say he has a good year (considering how crowded that backfield is) and gets to 10,500. That still puts him at 22nd all-time, behind Fred Taylor, Corey Dillon, and Warrick Dunn.

    Comment


    • I think the Hall needs to let more players get in at a time. How many get in now? Like Five. Make it 10 that would be good.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dannyz View Post
        I think the Hall needs to let more players get in at a time. How many get in now? Like Five. Make it 10 that would be good.
        Why do you think this?

        And the Hall inducts 4-7 candidates.

        Comment


        • Because there are some Guys who don't get in that should, and guys who get in right away. If you make it so more can get in the better. The First Ballot Guy's push back the others. Next Year Deion,Faulk. Deion will get in don't know about Faulk.

          Comment


          • Roger Craig should be in but is not because all the new guys. There are only two Players with 1,000 Rushing, 1,000 Reciving Yards. Craig and Faulk, Marshall will probably get in Next Year but Craig still has to wait.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dannyz View Post
              Because there are some Guys who don't get in that should, and guys who get in right away. If you make it so more can get in the better. The First Ballot Guy's push back the others. Next Year Deion,Faulk. Deion will get in don't know about Faulk.
              We have different definition of should.

              I don't think Portis should get in. Nothing in the game's history would suggest he done enough and I don't want the HOF the get crowded with underwhelming players. I like the exclusivity. It makes the accomplishment mean something.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dannyz View Post
                Roger Craig should be in but is not because all the new guys. There are only two Players with 1,000 Rushing, 1,000 Reciving Yards. Craig and Faulk, Marshall will probably get in Next Year but Craig still has to wait.
                I highly doubt Craig ever gets in. And I really don't think he deserves it necessarily either.

                "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                Originally posted by Borat
                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                Comment


                • Is Troy Polamalu a Lock for the Hall?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dannyz View Post
                    Is Troy Polamalu a Lock for the Hall?
                    He is my favourite player so I'll definetly say yes :) He also has a very good reputation within the NFL, and I think everybody respects his work-ethic and vision on the field. However I'm worried about his injuries, but I really hope he can fit in, since he is the most important part of the 2 time SB winning Steelers.
                    "Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dannyz View Post
                      Is Troy Polamalu a Lock for the Hall?
                      I'd be surprised if he ever gets in. He's pretty much on his last legs after all of the injuries that have occurred to him throughout his career. And safeties in the Hall are are extremely rare. Steve Atwater isn't even in. The only two guys from the modern era in right now are Rod Woodson and Ronnie Lott, both who played corner for a good amount of time in their careers. So they have versatility on their side, which boosted their chances. Aeneas Williams may have the same leverage to help his case. Here is an interesting blurb from Steve Atwater's wikipedia profile to put it into perspective:

                      Following his selection to the Broncos Ring of Fame, Atwater was asked about his potential induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. "If I'm selected (for the Hall of Fame), it'll be a great treat, but to be honest with you, I haven't given it a ton of thought," Atwater said. "I was really happy when John (Elway) got inducted, that we've got one person representing the Broncos. If it happens, it'll be great, I really am proud of this award here because it means so much to be recognized right here in the (city) that I played for 10 years."

                      Atwater's chances for induction into the Hall of Fame are likely hindered by two factors. First, defensive players are less likely to be selected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame than offensive players, and historically, no position has been inducted into the Hall of Fame less than the safety position with only six inductees. Offensive players of the “Live Ball Era” (1978–present) have entered the Hall of Fame at a rate of greater than 3 to 1 over defensive players (19 to 6). The discrepancy is even greater among defensive backs: only three “Live Ball Era” (1978–present) defensive backs are in the Hall of Fame, Ronnie Lott, Darrell Green, and Rod Woodson, and only four defensive backs who entered the NFL since 1971 are in the Hall of Fame: Lott, Green, Woodson and Mike Haynes. Of the nine safeties on the All-Decade Teams of the 1970s and 1980s, only three are in the Hall of Fame: Ken Houston, Larry Wilson and Lott.

                      Second, all nine of the other currently-enshrined safeties have at least 48 career interceptions, but Atwater has only 24. Although tackles were not an official stat before 2001, Atwater unofficially totaled 1180 tackles in eleven years, averaging 107 tackles per season. By comparison, Ronnie Lott unofficially averaged only 82 per season.
                      Honestly the only safeties I have making it from the last ten that have a chance of getting in is John Lynch, Brian Dawkins...and maybe Ed Reed. But one of them would be extremely lucky to get in during the next ten years.

                      So good luck Troy.
                      Last edited by Ness; 07-21-2010, 04:45 AM.

                      "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                      Comment


                      • If he can play atleast Three More Seasons like he did in 2008, I think he makes it. I do think he is respected around the League, Another Player who shut's his mouth and let's his plays speak for Themself, just like Andre.

                        Comment


                        • For the Patriots right now I would say just Tom Brady and Randy Moss as players. Although Belichick will go in as a coach


                          BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ness View Post
                            I'd be surprised if he ever gets in. He's pretty much on his last legs after all of the injuries that have occurred to him throughout his career. And safeties in the Hall are are extremely rare. Steve Atwater isn't even in. The only two guys from the modern era in right now are Rod Woodson and Ronnie Lott, both who played corner for a good amount of time in their careers. So they have versatility on their side, which boosted their chances. Aeneas Williams may have the same leverage to help his case. Here is an interesting blurb from Steve Atwater's wikipedia profile to put it into perspective:



                            Honestly the only safeties I have making it from the last ten that have a chance of getting in is John Lynch, Brian Dawkins...and maybe Ed Reed. But one of them would be extremely lucky to get in during the next ten years.

                            So good luck Troy.
                            No harrison?


                            Originally posted by WMD
                            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                            Originally posted by gpngc
                            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by dannyz View Post
                              Is Troy Polamalu a Lock for the Hall?
                              Not even close.

                              Comment


                              • Devin Hester in 2006 is a great example of returners being able to win games. He was a big part of their success that season. The game against the cardinals comes to mind, where hester returned a punt for the game winning touchdown.
                                Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

                                Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information