No announcement yet.

Future Hall OF Famers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say Darren Sharper is close to being a lock for first ballot HOF. 63 INT's so if he just gets 3 this year he will have sole possession of Top 5 ever. Least amount of games he played in a 13 year career is 13, I think got a ring with GB and now has one with the Saints, so he has statistics, longevity, and championships. What would he be missing?

Comment

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
      I would say Darren Sharper is close to being a lock for first ballot HOF. 63 INT's so if he just gets 3 this year he will have sole possession of Top 5 ever.
      You mean he's gonna be 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th AND 5th?

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
        Where does Ty Law stand? Darren Sharper? Charles Woodson?
        Law should be a lock to get in. Considered (one of) the best at his position for an extended time, played on four Superbowl teams, won three (although was injured for the last one) and consistently made big plays in the postseason. He became a lock after making Peyton Manning his whipping boy.

Sharper, I'm not sure. He's got the statistical dominance, won a Superbowl. Safety is a tough spot to get in, but he's got every argument in his favor. I'd put him in before, say, Brian Dawkins.

Woodson is tough w/o a ring. He's had a great revival in GB, and a ring would probably put him over the edge.

None of them are first balloters, though.

Comment

I could see Sharper getting in but first ballot not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            I'd put him in before, say, Brian Dawkins.
            That's blasphemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Job View Post
              That's blasphemy.
              Not really, but I don't have the hard-on for Dawkins like most do. Wonderful player? Absolutely. Hall of Famer? Eh..It's almost impossible for safeties to get in without hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Job View Post
                You mean he's gonna be 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th AND 5th?
                Your mean :(

Comment

I'll just talk Steelers for now.

Ben Roethlisberger might make it, though it all depends what he does from now on. The two Superbowls definitely work in his favor, but not the off-season incidents and the suspension.

Hines Ward should make it, even if it's not first ballot. He revolutionized WR blocking, for better or worse, and has been incredibly consistent for a very long time. Already holds multiple records and (statistically) is probably the best WR in team history.

LaMarr Woodley could be a HOF in the making. I know he's young and whatnot, but he's definitely on the right track. 37 career sacks in three seasons, 31 in the past two years (when he's started). If he keeps this 15 sack average for at least 5 more years, he'll get more than 100 sacks in his career.

Aaron Smith is a guy who I'd like to see get in, but there's probably no real way of him making it. 3-4 DE's get virtually no stats in comparison to 4-3 ends, and while he's been the key to our DLine for a while now, and his value to the defense is extremely underrated, he won't make it.

Troy Polamalu should make it, he's a game changer and the most dangerous player on the field for us. He's the glue that holds the entire defense together and he ranks up there with the greatest DB's the team's ever had.

And that's about it.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Hines Ward should not be allowed within 10 miles of the Hall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                      Locks:

Peyton Manning
                      Tom Brady
                      Brett Favre
                      Ray Lewis
                      Tony Gonzalez
                      Randy Moss

Almost Definites:

Ladanian Tomlinson
                      Ed Reed
                      Champ Bailey
                      Terrell Owens
                      Steve Hutchinson
                      Jason Taylor

Good Chance:

Charles Woodson
                      Kevin Williams
                      Kevin Mawae
                      Ben Roethlisberger
                      Drew Brees

With a Few More Years:

Jared Allen
                      Demarcus Ware
                      Reggie Wayne
                      Andre Johnson
                      Larry Fitzgerald

Note-I didn't include players like Chris Johnon, AD, Revis etc because it is too early for them to be included. I will have undoubtedly forgotten some players but those are the main ones I can think of.
                      How does Moss get in but not LDT?
                      Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Hines Ward is not a Hall of Famer. The idea that he revolutionized wide receiver blocking is ridiculous and the fact anyone is mentioning the concept of someone revolutioning wide receiver blocking just shows how much he has no business being in the Hall of Fame. While we're at it, Ward should get in because he revolutionized smiling during the game.

Troy Polamalu is a great player, but do people realize how pedestrian his career statistics are? He has 20 INTs and 7 sacks in 8 seasons and 7 of those INTs were in 2008. To compare, Darren Sharper has had 3 seasons in which he had 9 INTs and has 7.5 sacks in his career. Adrian Wilson has 20.5 sacks and 23 INTs in 10 seasons. Is he a Hall of Famer too?

I understand that Lynn Swann established the precedent that unremarkable Steelers get into the Hall of Fame, but this is getting ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                          Longevity of dominance. LDT will never run for 1,000 yards again meanwhile Moss could still catch 85-100 balls and go for 1,000

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                            because people are looking at how worn down he is now instead of remembering the career he's had. He's in the second he's eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                              because people are looking at how worn down he is now instead of remembering the career he's had. He's in the second he's eligible.
                              If that is the case the moss oakland years should count against him. I think Tomlinson was more dominant through his career.
                              Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Randy Moss was probably the most dominant receiver since Rice.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information