Future Hall OF Famers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
    He needs a few more big years. One super big year and I think he gets it MAYBE first ballot.

He was our passing attack last season. A poor passing game and he still had over 1000 yards. Not easy facing double teams all season because we had no one else to cover lol
    No way. He has no chance what so ever at being first ballot. Right now he's solidly out. A couple more good years and he might be borderline.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
      that's being generous. i'd feel pretty comfortable saying that there is absolutely zero chance (period, end of discussion) that chad johnson/ocho cinco is ever even a finalist. let alone inducted.
      Yeah, that's probably more accurate. I was trying to be nice and not crush Bengals78's dreams completely, but you're right.

Comment

What about Sean Taylor? Now don't burn me but think about it he was on his way to be the Best Safety up there with Reed and Polamalu but he was Murderd. What about HIM?

Comment

I have a question.

With the Tight End a bit different than it was a decade ago, how will voters vote on that position? It's no longer just a blocking position with the occasional catch.

How does someone like Dallas Clark (not him exactly, but a player like him) who is more of a slot WR get voted on compared to more complete TEs?
          Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by dannyz View Post
            What about Sean Taylor? Now don't burn me but think about it he was on his way to be the Best Safety up there with Reed and Polamalu but he was Murderd. What about HIM?
            No.

10 char

Comment

Originally posted by dannyz View Post
              Really? He was in the NFL for just four years. It's absolutely ridiculous to even mention his name in this discussion. It's unfortunate he was killed, but four years doesn't make a Hall of Famer no matter what the circumstances.

Comment

If he wins a Super Bowl in the next two years (the Bengals window from what I see) then I see no reason why he couldn't squeeze in or simply if he plays four to five more years. He's far and away the best receiver in franchise history.

Current: 684 rec. 9952 yds 14.5 avg 62 Tds....

Let's say his productive career goes two more seasons..

80 rec 1150 yds 8 Td
                75 rec 1050 yds 7 Td
                155 rec 2200 15 Td
                + 684 - 9952 - 62 Td
                839 rec - 12052 yds - 77 Td

And let's assume he kind of wastes away for two seasons after that...

50 rec 650 yds 4 Td
                40 rec 550 yds 3 Td
                90 rec 1200 yds 7 Td
                839 rec 12052 yds 77 Td
                929 rec 13252 yds 84 Td let's say that the end of his career

With those numbers, only 4 seasons more (which should be manageable), he would rank 10th* in NFL history for receptions, 14th* in receiving Tds, and 11th* in receiving yards.

I added the * to account for the fact that Randy Moss, Tory Holt, and others are still compiling numbers. Some may see that four year idea as optimistic and surely some could see it as pessimistic, either way it's a bunch of "what if's" which isn't typically the conversation I like to have. Still, Chad's a strong player to this day who may be more productive this year than last with a more complete cast around him. Maybe he was never the best receiver in the league, nor was he ever the most spectacular or physically imposing, but for years Chad's been productive, he's put together a tremendous career resume, and he may very well be a Hall of Fame player. He's not a first ballot HoFer but he's surely left his print on the game (as evidenced by celebration sanctions) while compiling terrific career numbers. He'll likely finish among the top 15 receivers all time in yards and receptions, while shattering franchise records, so.. what the hell... by the end of his career I think we could be looking at a 75% he makes the Hall.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                  I have a question.

With the Tight End a bit different than it was a decade ago, how will voters vote on that position? It's no longer just a blocking position with the occasional catch.

How does someone like Dallas Clark (not him exactly, but a player like him) who is more of a slot WR get voted on compared to more complete TEs?
                  Kellen Winslow Sr., Shannon Sharpe, and Tony Gonzales have pretty much set the benchmark for the "WR who lines up next to the tackle" position.

Comment

I don't think Marvin Harrison will make it in, especially with the way his career ended. Of the wide receivers I think that will make it in, there should only be two: Randy Moss and Terrell Owens.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      I don't think Marvin Harrison will make it in, especially with the way his career ended. Of the wide receivers I think that will make it in, there should only be two: Randy Moss and Terrell Owens.
                      I endorse this message 395482038509329085 times.

Manning and Harrison's are the "Mr. Septembers" of football. I don't think there has been a WR as consistently terrible in the playoffs than Marvin Harrison.

People always ***** about rings affecting perception, especially in a sport as team-oriented as football. It's not the rings, necessarily, that are so important as much as your performance in postseason games. It's why Lynn Swann is in the HoF. Great team or not, that man made the Superbowl his *****. He's one of the best "big game" WRs in history.
                      Last edited by yourfavestoner; 07-19-2010, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        Kellen Winslow Sr., Shannon Sharpe, and Tony Gonzales have pretty much set the benchmark for the "WR who lines up next to the tackle" position.
                        I don't know abotu Winslow Sr or Sharpe, some of the older guys can probably tell me on that, but Tony was also a very willing and good blocker. Its good to see nowadays the TE's like Witten and Miller who can do both block and catch and do it well. Does that factor in you think?

Comment

I think being an all around player at any position helps a great deal see Derrick Thomas, had he been better vs the run he would have been first ballot.

Comment

**** yes i love what if games

Jared Allen is 27 with 72 career sacks. Lets says he plays 7 more seasons (I am trying to be realistic):
                            1. 16
                            2. 14
                            3. 14
                            4. 11
                            5. 10
                            6. 8
                            7. 6

that gives him 151 career sacks. he is actually a bit underrated against the run, he is not putrid against the run. He is a fumble forcing machine and gets a few safeties thanks Dan O.

that would get him in in like umm 4-5 tries i think
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                              I endorse this message 395482038509329085 times.

Manning and Harrison's are the "Mr. Septembers" of football. I don't think there has been a WR as consistently terrible in the playoffs than Marvin Harrison.
                              I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                                I think Tomlinson was more dominant through his career.

You are a gold mine for stupid quotes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information