Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
    **** yes i love what if games

Jared Allen is 27 with 72 career sacks. Lets says he plays 7 more seasons (I am trying to be realistic):
    1. 16
    2. 14
    3. 14
    4. 11
    5. 10
    6. 8
    7. 6

that gives him 151 career sacks. he is actually a bit underrated against the run, he is not putrid against the run. He is a fumble forcing machine and gets a few safeties thanks Dan O.

that would get him in in like umm 4-5 tries i think
    He also has caught two passes for two TD's... :)

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
      I endorse this message 395482038509329085 times.

Manning and Harrison's are the "Mr. Septembers" of football. I don't think there has been a WR as consistently terrible in the playoffs than Marvin Harrison.

People always ***** about rings affecting perception, especially in a sport as team-oriented as football. It's not the rings, necessarily, that are so important as much as your performance in postseason games. It's why Lynn Swann is in the HoF. Great team or not, that man made the Superbowl his *****. He's one of the best "big game" WRs in history.
      Lynn Swann had 1 big game - Super Bowl X. That hardly makes him one of the best big game wide receivers in history. Otherwise, I guess I can say that Timmie Smith is one of the greatest big game running backs of all time, because he destroyed the Broncos in the Superbowl and did virtually nothing else in his career. Swann's in the Hall of Fame because he was THE media darling and he shouldn't be in Canton.

As for Marvin Harrison... he is a first ballot hall of famer. If not, they should just stop doing the Hall of Fame.

1,102 career receptions for 14,580 yards and 128 TDs from a 6' 185lb wide receiver. It's not like he was a giant or insanely fast like some guys... he was just very, very good at what he did. 8 straight 1,000+ yard seasons and 4 straight with 1,400+ yards and at least 100 catches.

As for his alleged character issues... Lawrence Taylor is one of the all time pieces of **** and he's a Hall of Famer and no one would ever think of not including him in it. Ray Lewis may or may not have been a major player in a double murder. He's a no doubt, 1st ballot Hall of Famer.

Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, and Marvin Harrison should all end up in Canton

Comment

T.O. and Randy Moss are heads and shoulders and probably hips and knees above the three others.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
          he was just very, very good at what he did.
          Ducking out of bounds so no one would even breathe on him? Cry like a little ***** whenever a CB pushed him around? Not produce in the playoffs?

You're right. The man is unparalled in those fields.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
            Ducking out of bounds so no one would even breathe on him? Cry like a little ***** whenever a CB pushed him around? Not produce in the playoffs?

You're right. The man is unparalled in those fields.
            Hall of Fame *****

Comment

Originally posted by Job View Post
              T.O. and Randy Moss are heads and shoulders and probably hips and knees above the three others.
              unless of course you factor in statistics and... team success

Harrison, Bruce and Holt have crazy stats and a ring.
              Last edited by wonderbredd24; 07-19-2010, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I really don't have a problem with a WR stepping out of bounds, I would rather have him healthy then take a unnecessary hit.

Comment

unless of course you factor in statistics and... team success

Harrison, Bruce and Holt have crazy stats and a ring.
                  Wide receivers cannot be judged head-to-head on rings. That's absurd.

Marvin Harrison is a piece of **** and an enormous *****. You'll excuse me if I don't give him all the credit for his stalwart 5-59 performance in the Super Bowl. Owens' 9-122 game in a loss on a broken leg carries more weight.

Comment

Marvin Harrison is a piece of **** and an enormous *****. You'll excuse me if I don't give him all the credit for his stalwart 5-59 performance in the Super Bowl. Owens' 9-122 game in a loss on a broken leg carries more weight.
                    But you can judge him off of one game?

Comment

I don't like Harrison either. I've heard stories that paint him as a giant piece of ****, but his accomplishments in the NFL are undeniable

Comment

Allen will be the first man inducted into every hall of fame...ever

bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                          But you can judge him off of one game?
                          No. I'm just saying that the rings argument for a receiver is absurd and that it certainly wasn't Owens' fault that the Eagles lost to the Patriots. Judging a wide receiver, i.e a player who touches the ball 4-8 times per game, on rings is ******* moronic.

Devery Henderson > Randy Moss and Terrell Owens. Hey, he won a Super Bowl, right?

Comment

No. I'm just saying that the rings argument for a receiver is absurd and that it certainly wasn't Owens' fault that the Eagles lost to the Patriots. Judging a wide receiver, i.e a player who touches the ball 4-8 times per game, on rings is ******* moronic.

Devery Henderson > Randy Moss and Terrell Owens. Hey, he won a Super Bowl, right?
                            Because that's what I said and Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino too.

Statistically, those guys are competitive with Moss and Owens AND have a ring.

Comment

umm wait a seconddd
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

But they're still not better players, so...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information