The tight ends thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
    I don't think I could be a homer in this thread if I tried. Our best TE of the decade was Riemersma and he left in '02.
    Until this past April you wouldn't have seen me in this thread... Reggie Kelly does not exactly fit what the article describes, but rather is the epitome of that old-school TE. Don't worry, either Shawn Nelson develops nicely or your Bills will grab an effective player somewhere down the line. Props for praising a divisional opponents Tight End (Gronkowski), that's not something many of us could do.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
    - For daily NFL draft coverage:
    www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
      Until this past April you wouldn't have seen me in this thread... Reggie Kelly does not exactly fit what the article describes, but rather is the epitome of that old-school TE. Don't worry, either Shawn Nelson develops nicely or your Bills will grab an effective player somewhere down the line. Props for praising a divisional opponents Tight End (Gronkowski), that's not something many of us could do.
      There's honestly two decent pass catching tight ends on the roster. Nelson certainly has higher potential that meets the idea of this thread, but Derek Schouman looked like the perfect tight end for Trent Edwards last year. They were part of the same rookie class in '07 and Schouman looked really good on the intermediate routes over the middle and short outs off of the line. He loves to run with the ball and fight for yards, which might not be the best thing given his frailty. Schouman put up 9 catches for 100+ yards in 7 quarters of football last season before inevitably getting injured. He doesn't have the physical tools of Nelson, but he's a decent player that was a definite favorite target of Edwards in the early part of last season, when we didn't look awful. He's also less than 6 months older than Nelson despite entering his 4th year in the league.

Nelson had a very quiet rookie year, which is understandable, even if he had no competition after Schouman went on IR. I think either could do decent damage as a pass catcher, but the position is far from a strength in a weak offense.

Comment

I'm gonna plaster this guy all over this thread

Isn't it funny how ridiculously good at football I am Ladainian?

OMG I am such a beast

I don't think I've ever lost to the Raiders, maybe my rookie year when Drew sucked choad

One time I shat on John Lynch it was awesome

That Ram has a huge contract now because I touched him

Everyone sucks but me I'm Mr. Gates!

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information