Dez Bryant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
    You can also throw Percy Harvin's name in that group.
    Excellent point. You surely can.
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
      i would have told roy to **** off.

then i would have proceeded to walk over to miles austin and ask if he'd like me to carry his pads
      I couldn't have said it better myself.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
        People are going to look back on the past three years and remember them as the the drafts GMs overreacted to perceived character red flags and let perceived "diva" WRs drop waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far. The Michael Vick Saga as well as the Pacman Jones story and all the hoopla that surrounded Big Ben, etc., etc., etc., we all know the list goes on... it made many teams way too cautious on draft day. And the Eagles, Niners, and Cowboys were the beneficiaries.

DeSean Jackson
        Michael Crabtree
        Dez Bryant

It's a joke he fell all the way to Dallas. A joke.
        Not often a top 5 player falls to 24. Demarius Thomas had no business going ahead of Dez. ****** McDaniels...

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
          Not often a top 5 player falls to 24. Demarius Thomas had no business going ahead of Dez. ****** McDaniels...
          And yet it happened with D-Jax, Percy AND Dez in consecutive years... That's just bad risk-reward management...
          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

People are going to look back on the past three years and remember them as the the drafts GMs overreacted to perceived character red flags and let perceived "diva" WRs drop waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far. The Michael Vick Saga as well as the Pacman Jones story and all the hoopla that surrounded Big Ben, etc., etc., etc., we all know the list goes on... it made many teams way too cautious on draft day. And the Eagles, Niners, and Cowboys were the beneficiaries.

DeSean Jackson
            Michael Crabtree
            Dez Bryant

It's a joke he fell all the way to Dallas. A joke.

I agree with your point, and would also add Harvin in, but Desean was just so little it'd be tough to argue with him going that high even though the talent is there. Crabs and Dez had prototypical WR size for #1 guys, and Harvin was ripped up when he showed up at the combines.

People probably weren't sure Desean could be a #1 WR just yet, but it would be a big risk considering he was so little, and technically still is.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

And yet it happened with D-Jax, Percy AND Dez in consecutive years... That's just bad risk-reward management...
              It's arguable that Jackson and Harvin were clearly top 5 talents in their drafts. In my mind, it was pretty ******* clear that Bryant was. He's going to be a stud in Dallas.

That said, you carry his pads because that's your onus as a rookie. Then you take his job.

Comment

He should have just carried the pads, all rookies go through this kind of hazing. This is actually one of the less harsh ones.

I know a lot of you are saying "good for him" and "f*** roy williams" when in actuality it has nothing to do with roy williams. you can generalize roy to the whole incumbent team. Even though Roy Williams hasnt been on the cowboys that much longer than Dez he's still a veteran.

Dez refusing to go through the little trials and tribulations faced by all rookies is going to cause a bad precedent for the locker room. Trust me people dont take these things lightly and he'll most likely have to work that much harder to gain the support of the existing veterans on that team.

^^ i dont know if any of that made any sense.

btw. in the nba all rookies go through some type of rookie hazing even though many times (and i mean MANY times) the rookie is already better than most players on the team.

Comment

^ I know that people had the size knocks on Harvin and DJax, but not me. I had Percy projected as a top five guy since his freshman year and all he did was get stronger since then.

As for DJax, people all worried about his size, but as I pointed out leading up to the draft, he weighed in so light because he was training to run a ridiculous 40 (which he did). And people loved using the "can he be a #1 WR" because of the size factor (means nothing - proven every year) and because he was known as an electricity guy (returns) comparable to Reggie Bush (who was a completely different offensive position), ignoring the fact that Jackson was a very good collegiate pure wide receiver, quite polished, and definitely pro-ready.

Sorry for the rant, but I never thought otherwise - maybe not top 5 if you counted off the prospects, but none of those guys had any business going outside the top ten, and a lot of us (including me) recognized that blunder beforehand, and now we can all agree in hindsight.

DJax must have been the biggest A-hole in the world at his interviews. That's the only explanation.
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Jackson was 168 pounds. There was a serious question as to whether he'd get folded in half immediately. It's wasn't really a concern to me, I had him projected as a top 10 guy at one point, but I understood the concern. Harvin was a bit of a positional mystery. He hadn't been tested as a wideout at Florida and no one believed he'd make it as a tailback in the NFL, so the concern was that he'd never master a position enough to be worth a pick that high. That concern I thought was a little more legitimate, even if it has proven so far to be wrong.

Bryant, on the other hand, was dominant and brilliant in college in exactly the way an NFL receiver needs to be.

Comment

I just hope Dez remembers this in a few years when he's a veteran and some rookie WR comes in.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

I don't care who you are, you carry the pads. It's a tradition and a rite of passage that every rookie goes through.

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Dockett tweeted this

@ddockett what would you do if you gave a rookie your pads and he didnt carry them in for you?-MAKE HIS LIFE MISERBLE

Dan Williams knows his place and Dockett has been riding his ass hard this offseason to get him ready for the NFL, in the end both will be better for it

Comment

Dez is bitching about carrying football pads as a ROOKIE, like it's some cruel and unusual punishment?? Puleeeze.

I think Dallas just drafted T.O. junior.

Comment

I do think it is shady but idk.. Dez should have carried the pads, how is he different from anybody else? I can see why people would like it, basically saying I am here to win but carrying pads is nothing.
                              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                              Coples is that dude.
                              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Who cares- all that matters is who does what on Sundays. Whatever they can do to get good competition going to get players motivated is gonna help them. If it's malicious and the players are trying to mess with their teammates to get the job then it hurts Dallas.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information