Dez Bryant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carry the pads rookie.

I don't care how high profile you are, you're still a rookie. Cowboy fans better hope all the pub that Bryant is getting won't go to his head. I don't think it will, but you never know.

I haven't seen a Dallas rookie get this much attention in awhile, and that's saying something. Bryant is a beast though.

I still believe SD is gonna kick themselves for a long time for not getting Bryant. They traded the farm for Ryan Matthews? They shouldve got Dez. Hes a perfect fit for Phillip Rivers.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
      That bum should be carrying Dez's pads.
      Roy isn't fit to hold Dez's jock let alone carry his pads. If it were Jason Witten's pads that Dez wouldn't carry I'd be angry but since it is a guy who won't be on the team anymore after this season I have no problem with it.
      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

I get the whole Roy Williams is a bum thing, but give me a break. This is how it is and has been for some time. Dez isn't the first or the last, and many more people have done this that are worse off, higher picks, more pressing positions, and all that. It is a typical WR attitude. Props to him on getting signed first. This throws me off though. He's not above the league. I get the big idea that its a stupid tradition, but it is what it is, he's not the first or last.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
        You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

He's not the first or the last to refuse to play the hazing game either...but he's a Cowboy, so it's front page news.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            He's not the first or the last to refuse to play the hazing game either...but he's a Cowboy, so it's front page news.
            Peyton had to do nonsense B.S. as a rookie with the Colts. So did Adrian Peterson and dozens of other NFL superstars.

Who the hell is Dez Bryant?? Yeah, I love the guy's ability, but to poop his diaper because he was asked as a rook to carry someone's shoulder pads is trifling.

Emmitt, Troy, and Michael Irvin ALL went through worse crap as rookies, but I guess Dez is 'special'.

Look, in principle, I'm against hazing, whether it be on a college campus or one's place of employment.

But in the NFL, 'hazing' generally consists of being stuck with the bill when your position or unit teammates go out to dinner, being taped to a goal post, having your head shaved, carrying teammates bags on and off chartered flights, singing your school fight song and buying donuts during TC.

IMO all this stuff is minor. Most frats do it a hundred times worse than the NFL could ever imagine.

Dez is being a diva and needs to realize that just because he signed his contract, he has NO juice at all with the Cowboys vets or in the lockerroom at this point in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
              Why? Miles is a bigger douche than Roy by a lot, and has a grand total of 1 good season.
              Care to elaborate what he's done that makes him a douche, or is it just because he plays for Dallas, works hard, smiles, and stays out of the limelight? He didn't ***** about not getting a contract yet, signed his tender, making less then Dez, not getting the ball enough, says all the right things, and always says the right things.

I'd love to hear you list all the reasons that makes Miles a bigger douche then Roy "by alot", so that should be pretty easy for you to do.

I also agree Dez should have carried his pads, but he'll get hazed trust me. Even if it's just your common practical jokes that I saw them do to Felix on Hard Knocks.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

ugh. It's a non issue...and there must have been plenty of guys who have refused to play these little games. You just dont hear about them. But everything is a story when it involves the Cowboys. The big "issue" is that it involves Roy Williams, the player Dez was drafted to replace.

As for the big three...good luck, finding if they actually were involved in any worse hazing or not when they were younger. I was like 2-4 when they were rookies. haha.

Hazing is a stupid tradition. These are grown men after all...I wouldnt fault any of them for refusing to do demeaning things. The icing on the cake is that it's that donkey Roy Williams. lol.

For the record...not that it matters. I never agreed to carry pads or get water when I played high school football either. They can get there own damn stuff...you're all there to play a game. And I didnt subject new comers to such when I was a Senior either. A really stupid worn out tradition.
                Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-26-2010, 12:40 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

How are you guys coming to the conclusion that he Dez Bryant believes he's better than other rookies?

Maybe he doesn't want any rookies to carry pads or get hazed because it's a fairly childish tradition.

If Dez wants to act more mature than the rest of the league I won't fault him for it.

Lastly, I get that hazing is suppose to be a fun part of sports and it actually can create friendships and bond these guys together. But it's not for everyone and you can't force him to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Carry the pads rookie.

I don't care how high profile you are, you're still a rookie. Cowboy fans better hope all the pub that Bryant is getting won't go to his head. I don't think it will, but you never know.

I haven't seen a Dallas rookie get this much attention in awhile, and that's saying something. Bryant is a beast though.

I still believe SD is gonna kick themselves for a long time for not getting Bryant. They traded the farm for Ryan Matthews? They shouldve got Dez. Hes a perfect fit for Phillip Rivers.
                    SD sent Gates and Jackson to Miami...and Ladainian to New York. Of all the teams to bring up for passing on Dez, this is probably the weirdest choice.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                      SD sent Gates and Jackson to Miami...and Ladainian to New York. Of all the teams to bring up for passing on Dez, this is probably the weirdest choice.
                      I don't understand this part. Where did San Diego send Gates?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

There's a good chance Jackson doesn't resign, plus he could miss this entire season.

Dez would be the perfect Jackson replacement, and would have been a very affordable one at that.

Plus, even if you kept Jackson, can you imagine how dynamic that offense would be with Jackson, Dez and Gates? Rivers could play ally oop all day and no one could stop it.

Backs can be found at any point in the draft. They couldve gotten both Dez and a RB to fill the void. Matthews isn't a game changing Back, spending that much for him doesn't make sense to me. He's a good back who does a lot of things very well, but backs like Matthews can be found at any point in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          Pro Bowl in Miami?

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            Pro Bowl. (was in Miami this year)

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              There's a good chance Jackson doesn't resign, plus he could miss this entire season.

Dez would be the perfect Jackson replacement, and would have been a very affordable one at that.

Plus, even if you kept Jackson, can you imagine how dynamic that offense would be with Jackson, Dez and Gates? Rivers could play ally oop all day and no one could stop it.

Backs can be found at any point in the draft. They couldve gotten both Dez and a RB to fill the void. Matthews isn't a game changing Back, spending that much for him doesn't make sense to me. He's a good back who does a lot of things very well, but backs like Matthews can be found at any point in the draft.
                              Hm I think we just disagree on Mathews then. (one T!) He looks like a gamechanger to me. Behind our crap O-line I don't know how much he'll get to prove it but his game is beastly and he's going to get a huge opportunity.

Chargers have Floyd opposite Jackson anyway, with guys like Naanee and Davis still waiting to get a shot too. You're forgetting that it's basically impossible to get serious production out of a rookie wideout, it is still a very rare occurence. Plus attitude issues? There has got to be a better team to have this conversation about than the one that snagged the best RB in the draft instead of starting Darren Sproles.

Comment

Hm I think we just disagree on Mathews then. (one T!) He looks like a gamechanger to me. Behind our crap O-line I don't know how much he'll get to prove it but his game is beastly and he's going to get a huge opportunity.

Chargers have Floyd opposite Jackson anyway, with guys like Naanee and Davis still waiting to get a shot too. You're forgetting that it's basically impossible to get serious production out of a rookie wideout, it is still a very rare occurence. Plus attitude issues? There has got to be a better team to have this conversation about than the one that snagged the best RB in the draft instead of starting Darren Sproles.
                                I'm generally against the idea of drafting RBs in the first round unless they are gamechangers. I thought Spiller deserved to be a round 1 guy but that's about it. Mathews reminds me of Matt Forte, a patient runner who does everything good but nothing great.

I know SD already has a bunch of trees at WR even without Jackson, but still, none of them have the talent of Dez Bryant.

And I think WRs are starting to produce results quicker than in years past. I don't know exaclty why, but they are. Plus Dez's character issues are overblown.

Character issues as a whole have been overblown the past 3 years. Ask Crabtree, Percy Harvin, Desean Jackson, Vontae Davis etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information