Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucfan12 View Post
    Bengals 78,

First of all, sorry for misspelling CINCINNATI, had no idea I was being judged on spelling here.

Second, the Bengals had a good season, but it seemed like down the stretch, they struggled with high caliber teams like Minnesota, New York, and San Diego. They really looked like they couldn't move the ball at all against the Jets and Vikings. Also, I really don't think they added enough pieces to be considered a top 10 team right now and will fight for a wild card spot with teams like the Dolphins, Patriots, and Texans. They may be able to beat out New England, but the Dolphins have really improved and the Texans are getting better each year and I really see them getting over the hump this year.

Remember, its only rankings based on last year and free agency and draft moves made. I think 14 is reasonable for CINCINNATI right now.
    1. Go to the Random Discussion Thread. Spelling counts.
    2. We lost by a FG to SD. We looked bad against Minny and NYJ in the season finale we didnt play full speed. Coles and Graham killed us in the playoffs.
    3. We ran for 171 yards against the "best defense" in NYJ during the playoffs. We couldn't throw against anyone all year.

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Comment

First of all great temerity for doing something like this...

Now time for some criticism, pal.

The Raiders are way too high, but they are everyear so nothing big there. They remind me of Pittsburgh (MLB) and they are going to be down for a while.

Now, I am a cowboys fan and you can understand that I believe my team is the best. They are the most talented team in the NFL and we will win it all and the saints are going to fall this year.
      I'm a Bad Boy baby.

Comment

Originally posted by bucfan12 View Post
        13. New England- Its hard to say that they are rebuilding, but that is the case. Moss is getting older, Welker is hurt, and they are very young on defense. The only reason they will contend for a play off spot is because of Brady and Bellechek.
        Firstly, I don't mind people sleeping on the Patriots this year but I gotta disagree with the reasoning here.

Wes Welker by all accounts is ready to go for training camp. Whether the Pats hold him out as a precaution has yet to be seen but he says he is ready to go.

Randy Moss despite being 'lazy' and 'old', as most people have decided to call him, had 83 cathces last year, was 5th in the league for yards receiving and first in the league in receiving TDs. Oh and by the way he seperated his shoulder in week 5. I'll take that kind of production all day from an 'injured, washed up, lazy bum'.

I get the point that the defense is younger but with the exception of pass rush(which is still a big question) and DE there have been major upgrades made in recent years.

Tom Brady will also be a year further removed from his knee surgery and generally that is when we see players get back to where they were. And it's not even as if he had a horrible year last year.

I think the Patriots had one of, if not, the best offseasons this year, however everyone is predicting their demise. It's similar to last year when a lot of people said the Colts wouldn't make playoffs. But we'll see how this year goes.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
          49ers are gunna stomp the Cardinals this year. With Warner we played each other close (mostly). Without Warner the 49ers will eat the Cardinals alive. Get ready for it...
          10 years of top 15 picks you should have some talent on that team by now

Comment

Apparently, espn is premature in reporting stuff.
            Last edited by descendency; 07-27-2010, 06:58 AM.
            **** her in da *****!

Comment

Dolphins won the offseason without a doubt in my mind

Dansby & Marshall + a great draft class

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                wait, how exactly? i like the spikes pick, and i think mccourty will be good, but those two don't somehow make this a super bowl caliber team or make this one of the best offseasons. nor does a 472 year old torry holt. further, you lost depth on a d-line that didn't have a ton of depth to start with. your best move was in keeping wilfork. unless i'm completely forgetting something, i don't see how this remotely approaches the realm of 'best offseason' except in the land of 'everything bill touches is perfection'.
                Resigning Wilfork was absolutely huge. The only depth the Patriots lost was Jarvis Green who was replaced by Gerard Warren and Damione Lewis. Both players where starters their whole career. Jarvis Green proved last year he was not a capable starter. Currently the defensive line has Wilfork, T Warren, G Warren, Lewis, Pryor, Wright, Brace plus the two draft picks in Deaderick and Weston. That has one real stud, a very good player in Ty Warren and enough players to adequately cover the other DE spot.

The additions of Torry Holt and David Patten may not show a lot for them however their experience should only go to help Taylor Price, Julian Edelman and Brandon Tate.

They also resigned Leigh Bodden and Tully Banta-Cain on defense. On a defense which will have as many young players as the Patriots will they needed to bring these guys back.

At the draft, after McCourty who was apparently top of their board, they identified their main needs and went out and addressed them. There hasn't been even serviceable TE play throughout this decade so they went out and got Gronkowski and Hernandez. Spikes as you mentioned was a good get and should fit in nicely. If Cunningham can help rush the passer then it was a real nice draft.

Overall they didn't go out and splash on a big name free agent or anything but the combination of resigning players, veteran leadership additions and a very good draft leads me to saying they were definitely in the top group of teams as far as offseason success goes.

Comment

i don't see how resigning your own players (i'd rather not debate whether bodden and TBC should've even been resigned, so we'll stick with your opinion of both) makes for a good off-season. it represents absolutely no forward movement.

i heard the same thing about your TE spot after dave thomas, ben watson and garrett mills.

and you still haven't really addressed your inability to get a rush out of your OLBs (though you did try to address what i thought was a piss poor cornerback spot [sorry, your #3 on down were terrible, imo]).

*shrug* i'm not saying you had a godawful offseason, but i don't see how, prior to seeing any of the rookies play, it should lend anything to any argument for NE winning the east.
                  The unfortunate thing last year was because Butler was only a rookie and therefore not getting a lot of playing time, most of the time we were terrible from #2 on down.

I think in general no team had a great offseason, due to the limit on UFAs. I do have a bit of a rant about the AFC East though. I don't think the Jets are improved, and if anything I could make arguements they are now worse off. Getting rid of Thomas Jones, Leon Washington and Alan Faneca and replacing them with LT, Joe McKnight and Vladimir Ducasse seems like a sizeable downgrade at each spot, and this is a team who will need to lean on the run game until Sanchez shows he can win games with his arm. I also don't like the potential chemistry problems they could have.

The Dolphins did have a good offseason but I feel they vastly overpaid for Dansby and slightly overpaid for Marshall. My worries for them are, like the Pats who is going to rush the passer? Cameron Wake and Koa Misi seem to be the starters as of now. Who is going to play NT? Losing Merling will hurt them also but the pick of Odrick should offset that. I do think their offense will be good though. I would worry way more about Miami than the Jets.

Comment

i don't see how resigning your own players (i'd rather not debate whether bodden and TBC should've even been resigned, so we'll stick with your opinion of both) makes for a good off-season. it represents absolutely no forward movement.

i heard the same thing about your TE spot after dave thomas, ben watson and garrett mills.

and you still haven't really addressed your inability to get a rush out of your OLBs (though you did try to address what i thought was a piss poor cornerback spot [sorry, your #3 on down were terrible, imo]).

*shrug* i'm not saying you had a godawful offseason, but i don't see how, prior to seeing any of the rookies play, it should lend anything to any argument for NE winning the east.
                    It makes for a good off-season in that you remain intact as long as it is for the better. The Bengals will keep their defense intact which is big for us because of how well the defense was. Had our defense been crap, bad move. We filled those spots in the draft. It all depends on the situation.

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

Patriots positives:
                      + The defense is a year older. In the past this would have been a big problem, but with how young this defense is, they needed it.
                      + They resigned critical people into the defense including Bodden, Wilfork, and Banta-Cain.
                      + Brandon Tate, a steal in last year's draft (by most analyst account), will play this year as well as Vollmer (THE steal in last years draft) will be in his second year.
                      + Julian Edelman has potential to step in and be a 3rd or 4th WR on day 1.
                      + The worst two positions on the Patriots offense are RB and TE, one of which got a huge injection of super talented rookies. The other (RB) one is still decent and has a great run blocking OL in front of them
                      + Brady is back with another year under his belt since the ACL tear.
                      + They have something to prove again (lots of people doubting them and talking bad... tons of bulletin board material).
                      + Chris Hanson is no longer the punter in NE.

Negatives:
                      - The OLBs suck
                      - They are a 5 technique short of what they need
                      - The ILBs are a question mark and young.
                      - The DBs are still too young
                      - The Patriots OL will be shifted around for the first time in ages
                      - The RBs are old and injury prone (or sucky)
                      - The TEs are rookies
                      - Without Welker and an aging Moss, the Patriots WRs are rookies, old, and college QBs.
                      Last edited by descendency; 07-27-2010, 09:40 AM.
                      **** her in da *****!

Comment

I really only have 2 concerns for the Giants this season:

1. Perry Fewell.

2. Oline.

If Fewell utilizes our talents on defense the right way, and if our oline can find the fountain of youth, I think the Giants are a legit SB contender.

If not, then we're destined for another 8-8 season.

Health is another issue of course. But that's always an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                          Did you really just play that card?

Arizona has picked in the top ten 6 times since 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                            6 years, but I can understand why you would view team failure in terms of decades ;)

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                              The Jets at 6? Ok... lol.
                              They made the Final Four of the NFL last season right?
                              What's LOL about that? They were lucky? Or did they lose some key players this off-season and stand pat?

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                                The unfortunate thing last year was because Butler was only a rookie and therefore not getting a lot of playing time, most of the time we were terrible from #2 on down.

I think in general no team had a great offseason, due to the limit on UFAs. I do have a bit of a rant about the AFC East though. I don't think the Jets are improved, and if anything I could make arguements they are now worse off. Getting rid of Thomas Jones, Leon Washington and Alan Faneca and replacing them with LT, Joe McKnight and Vladimir Ducasse seems like a sizeable downgrade at each spot, and this is a team who will need to lean on the run game until Sanchez shows he can win games with his arm. I also don't like the potential chemistry problems they could have.

The Dolphins did have a good offseason but I feel they vastly overpaid for Dansby and slightly overpaid for Marshall. My worries for them are, like the Pats who is going to rush the passer? Cameron Wake and Koa Misi seem to be the starters as of now. Who is going to play NT? Losing Merling will hurt them also but the pick of Odrick should offset that. I do think their offense will be good though. I would worry way more about Miami than the Jets.
                                So your ratings are partly taking into account your concern about the Dolphins finances, and science/chemistry for the Jets?
                                Any team can have personality conflicts. And most do have some. To me, it seems Rex Ryan is a good coach at dealing with that crap. But I hope you're right at least on October 31st.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information