My NFL Pre Training Camp Power Rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My NFL Pre Training Camp Power Rankings

I am doing my Power Rankings prior to the Start of the Preseason. I will come out with my final power rankings a couple days before opening kickoff on Sept. 9th. Enjoy.

1. Saints- Defending champs always are at the top prior to the season. Brees will keep them in contention to repeat.
    2. Colts- The colts are still relatively young and inexperienced on the defensive side of the ball. As long as they have Manning, they will be in contention for a Super Bowl.
    3. Green Bay- A little shock here, but I an enamored with the development of Aaron Rodgers and how dynamic this offense is. The defense will be even better.

4. Ravens- Did very well in the draft and free agency in getting flacco something to work with. should be the favorites in the North and I see a colts/ravens showdown in the title game.

5. Cowboys- Dallas has a super bowl caliber team. If only Romo and the rest of the cowboys can put it all together come playoff time.

6. New York Jets- The defense, running game, and o-line will all be ranked in the top 5. The only question mark is Sanchez, as for one, wasn't impressed how he performed on such a great team last year. If he manages games well and doesn't turn the ball over, the Jets can be a threat in the AFC.

7. Minnesota- This is a super bowl caliber team and should be higher, but i have them at 7 because of the indecisiveness of QB brett favre.

8. Atlanta- The falcons played excellent football down the stretch and improved the defense in the draft and free agency. They could push New Orleans for the South.

9. San Diego - Phillip Rivers will keep this team at the top of the West, but with Jackson and McNeal threatening to hold out and secondary questions, is this team even as good as last year?

10. New York Giants- Improved the defense, especially the secondary with Rolle at Safety and they hopefully get phillips back. The defense needs to be better.

11. San Fransisco- This is my sleeper team in the NFC. They have built an excellent defense with the right man at head coach. Question is, can Alex Smith make them a threat in the playoffs?

12. Miami- Chad Henne really opened some eyes last year, and they went out and got him Brandon Marshall. TI feel that this team is the 2nd best team in the Afc East, and could contend with the jets.

13. New England- Its hard to say that they are rebuilding, but that is the case. Moss is getting older, Welker is hurt, and they are very young on defense. The only reason they will contend for a play off spot is because of Brady and Bellechek.

14. Cincinatti- they surprised a lot of us last year by sweeping the division and winning it. However, it seemed like they had a difficult time against top defenses. I see them taking a back seat this year, maybe a wild card birth.

15. Houston- They have found their franchise QB in Shaub, who finally completed a full season. Question is, how will they deal with the loss of Pro Bowler Brian Cushing the first 4 games?

16. Washington- McNabb instantly makes this team better and will compete for a wild card spot. The defense is good enough and with McNabb, 9-10 wins isn't out of the question.

17. Denver- This team started out hot, but fizzeled at the end of the year. The defense will keep them in games, but I don't like the direction the offense is going.

18. Tennesee- Finished strong last year after starting 0-6. Lost some key players on defense and will be inexperienced a bit in the leadership department. Might have to rely heavily on CJ2K and VY. Thats a lot to ask for.

19. Philadelphia- Don't like them dealing McNabb, but I guess they were looking towards the future. This team is taking a step back and most likely will finish last in the division. Just don't like the move to go with Kolb, who only has 2 nfl starts in 3 years. McNabb took a relatively young and inexperienced offense to the playoffs.

20- Oakland- I hate to say it, but I really like what they did this off-season. Jason Campbell is really underrated and they did a nice job in the draft. Getting rid of Russell was their best move and I think they can finish 2nd in the West.

21. Chicago- Spent a kings ransom to get Peppers and Taylor in FA. They need to win now, but I don't like the direction they are going in. That Cutler trade really hurt them and don't have a lot of weapons.

22. Pittsburgh- This is low for them, especially since they're getting Palomaulu(unsure of spelling), but with Roethlisbuerger missing 4-6 games, this can throw off their whole preparation as they have to get Dixon or Leftwich all the 1st team reps in training camp to prepare them for life with out "Worthlisbuerger". I smell a disaster in Pittsburgh.

23. Arizona- They really declined from where they were at last season, largely in part of the retirement of Kurt Warner. They also lost some valuable players in Rolle, Dansby and Boldin. Their season is in the hopes of Matt Leinart, which means there may not be too much hope for this team this season.

24. Carolina- Finished strong with Matt Moore last year, however, I don't like the direction they are going in. The running game will be strong, but they are thin on the d-line with no real pass rushers inside or outside. This team could struggle to finish 3rd in the South.

25. Tampa Bay- they're in the rebuilding stage, but finished the season strong. Had a nice draft and Freeman has the makings to be a Franchise QB. They are relatively young, but with an easier schedule, they should be better.

26. Seattle- Had a nice offseason and draft, but the question remains: Who will play QB? Hasselback is going downhill and Whitehurst has done nothing in the NFL but be a 3rd string qb.

27. Jacksonville- The Jags benefited from an easier schedule early on in 2009, but struggled down the road. I don't think they did enough to improve and the schedule will be harder. Garrard needs to prove he is worth the contract he was given.

28. Detroit- Did a nice job this offseason in adding Vanden Bosh and Corey Willaims on the d-line to go along with Dominator Suh. However, I wasn't impressed with overpaying for Burleson or the draft after Suh. Spievy will be their top corner, and thats a lot to ask for. I think they have the potential to finish 3rd, but time will tell.

29. Cleveland- They finished strong last year, but I dont think they improved this offseason. They replaced Quinn with Delhomme, who was absolutely awful last year and is declining. Wallace is not a starting caliber qb either. Their draft was suspect, as I am not sold on Joe Haden, nor McCoy as their future qb. Mangini might be not make it through the season.

30. Kansas City- Cassel flopped last year after getting a huge deal from the Chiefs. Hired Weiss as OC, so maybe he might be able to improve being back in the system he did well in New England. Eric Berry will improve the secondary, I am just a little suspect of the rest of their defense.

31. Buffalo- They really panicked when they couldn't get the head coach they wanted, so they settled for Gailey. They didn't upgrade at QB, when they had 2 chances to draft Clausen. Their draft was suspect and they are moving from cover 2 to a 3-4, so they don';t have the right players for their defense. Could struggle to win a game this year, playing in the AFC East.

32. Rams- They really have a lot of work to do to get this team back to respectability. They got their potential Franchise QB, but it will take time for him to learn an NFL offense from coming from a spread offense and missed almost a whole season last year. They may win 3 games, but for now, they are the leagues worst team, although i think Buffalo will replace them by years end.

You say the Bills didn't upgrade at QB and mention their two chances to draft Clausen, don't you think they've had enough mediocre QB prospects preventing them from taking a stud? The Bills were smart enough not to just take any ole QB prospect because they needed a QB, good for them.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by bucfan12 View Post
      13. New England- Its hard to say that they are rebuilding, but that is the case. Moss is getting older, Welker is hurt, and they are very young on defense. The only reason they will contend for a play off spot is because of Brady and Bellechek.
      I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because it isn't the easiest name, but good God! The average football fan should know that looks wrong.

I'm mainly just pissed because you have us 13th, carry on.

Comment

why to pick an original sleeper team :/

Comment

The Jets at 6? Ok... lol.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Overall not bad, but I have a few disagreements.

I personally feel that the Packers have been vastly overrated as a Superbowl contender. Rodgers and the offense will be good, no question there, but the defense was highly overrated last season, playing 10 of their 16 games against offenses ranked 20th or worse, and then getting lit up by legitimate offenses. With Jolly out, d-line depth becomes an issue and aside from Woodson, their CB depth is full of question marks. (See the Arizona playoff game if you want evidence on how their nickel and dime backs looked....)

A playoff caliber team? Yeah....do they have a chance at a Superbowl if their defense shows vast improvement? I suppose so....but we shall see.

Also, with your Bears explanation......Hurt by the Cutler trade? If you mean it in terms of lacking first round picks to give him ammo I'll agree, but this team would have been top 5 pick bad last year if not for him. He cost us a few games with his picks, sure, but we looked a lot more like a 4-12 team outside of him than the 7-9 team we were with him.

Comment

The biggest problem I have is that the Jets and Pats should be swapped but otherwise they aren't terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                why to pick an original sleeper team :/
                49ers are gunna stomp the Cardinals this year. With Warner we played each other close (mostly). Without Warner the 49ers will eat the Cardinals alive. Get ready for it...

Comment

The Chiefs suck and all but I find it hard to believe they suck more then Tampa Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                    The Chiefs suck and all but I find it hard to believe they suck more then Tampa Bay.
                    QB play will determine that more than anything. As far as overall talent, there's not much separating the two.

I like Freeman more than most, and I think the Bucs will have a better year than most believe. Not playoff caliber, but I think they'll be respectable.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      QB play will determine that more than anything. As far as overall talent, there's not much separating the two.

I like Freeman more than most, and I think the Bucs will have a better year than most believe. Not playoff caliber, but I think they'll be respectable.
                      Agree completely. Tampa's going the way of Freeman. I'm a believer in him. I can see them getting close to .500 this year.

Comment

What makes the 49'ers defense great enough to carry them as a sleeper team, over say the CINCINNATI Bengals defense? Our defense has been good to great for 2 years. And that is without our starting DE and SS for most of the year.
                        Not to mention we have an established QB. A solid run game. A line that has been intact for 2 years now. No rookies on the line. Upgrades at all skill positions. I will admit we played above our talent level last year.
                        I am not saying we should be top 5 even, but to be behind certain teams out of nowhere is strange to me.
                        Baltimore will be without Ed Reed for a bit. IMO the best part of their draft is in serious danger with a fractured skull. And Boldin wont factor much against our 2 CB's. A repeat is very obtainable for us.
                        And I know the whole back-to-back winning seasons thing. But yeah. Maybe it is because you cannot spell CINCINNATI right and I am being extra-critical of you for it. IDK.

bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                          get used to it. people here kept trying to tell denver fans how much worse off we were with him than plummer. they'll look at the int numbers and assume that's all that matters.

aside from that, denver is far worse than you have them. we're still starting orton, he no longer has a receiver, since mcdaniels doesn't understand how to use royal, we have nothing at rb, and the secondary is a year older.
                          But you have...

...and a man named Bey Bey.

;)

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                            What makes the 49'ers defense great enough to carry them as a sleeper team, over say the CINCINNATI Bengals defense? Our defense has been good to great for 2 years. And that is without our starting DE and SS for most of the year.
                            Not to mention we have an established QB. A solid run game. A line that has been intact for 2 years now. No rookies on the line. Upgrades at all skill positions. I will admit we played above our talent level last year.
                            I am not saying we should be top 5 even, but to be behind certain teams out of nowhere is strange to me.
                            Baltimore will be without Ed Reed for a bit. IMO the best part of their draft is in serious danger with a fractured skull. And Boldin wont factor much against our 2 CB's. A repeat is very obtainable for us.
                            And I know the whole back-to-back winning seasons thing. But yeah. Maybe it is because you cannot spell CINCINNATI right and I am being extra-critical of you for it. IDK.
                            Bengals 78,

First of all, sorry for misspelling CINCINNATI, had no idea I was being judged on spelling here.

Second, the Bengals had a good season, but it seemed like down the stretch, they struggled with high caliber teams like Minnesota, New York, and San Diego. They really looked like they couldn't move the ball at all against the Jets and Vikings. Also, I really don't think they added enough pieces to be considered a top 10 team right now and will fight for a wild card spot with teams like the Dolphins, Patriots, and Texans. They may be able to beat out New England, but the Dolphins have really improved and the Texans are getting better each year and I really see them getting over the hump this year.

Remember, its only rankings based on last year and free agency and draft moves made. I think 14 is reasonable for CINCINNATI right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                              Overall not bad, but I have a few disagreements.

I personally feel that the Packers have been vastly overrated as a Superbowl contender. Rodgers and the offense will be good, no question there, but the defense was highly overrated last season, playing 10 of their 16 games against offenses ranked 20th or worse, and then getting lit up by legitimate offenses. With Jolly out, d-line depth becomes an issue and aside from Woodson, their CB depth is full of question marks. (See the Arizona playoff game if you want evidence on how their nickel and dime backs looked....)

A playoff caliber team? Yeah....do they have a chance at a Superbowl if their defense shows vast improvement? I suppose so....but we shall see.

Also, with your Bears explanation......Hurt by the Cutler trade? If you mean it in terms of lacking first round picks to give him ammo I'll agree, but this team would have been top 5 pick bad last year if not for him. He cost us a few games with his picks, sure, but we looked a lot more like a 4-12 team outside of him than the 7-9 team we were with him.
                              When I say the Bears were hurt by the Cutler trade, yes I meant they lacked bringing in first round talent for two years straight now. Cutler did throw 27 tds, but also 26 ints. He wasn't worth what Chicago gave up, and now they lack the weapons as they aren't using Hester right (not a #1 WR, a slot WR is more suitable for him). Aroushmadu has potential, but we'll see about that and Knox showed some ability, but they aren't legitimate threats. Plus, they overpaid for the services of Julius Peppers, who would rather get paid then win and is not a leader in the locker room at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information