Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Jack Tatum

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/osu...h.html?sid=102

died of a heart attack at age 61 apparently. one of the greatest safeties in college football history and a should-be NFL hall of famer.

If Jack Tatum isn't in the HOF, all other prospects for Canton need to shut up.

Have to believe his playing style resulted in his early death.

Comment

The Assassin.

Comment

Wow really sad to her RIP Raider for life.

Comment

Still havent got past the vicious forearm hit he put on Darryl Stingley that put the Pats wr in a wheelchair for life. Not sure i ever will.

Comment

He said he regretted some things about his playing career. If I remember, didn't he say he wasn't sorry for that hit at one point?

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
              He said he regretted some things about his playing career. If I remember, didn't he say he wasn't sorry for that hit at one point?
              I thought I remember recently a feature about it where Stingley said he still had not ever received an apology from Tatum for that hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                Still havent got past the vicious forearm hit he put on Darryl Stingley that put the Pats wr in a wheelchair for life. Not sure i ever will.
                Stingley just died a couple of yrs. ago. RIP for both.

I read his book, They Call Me Assassin back in the early 70s, he was aptly named. He & fellow Raider safety Al Atkinson had a point system like a bounty on hits made on receivers, 1 point for knocked unconscious, 2 for knocked out of the game, 3 for a broken limb, injury or concussion, & they made it public to spread terror through the NFL. Tatum played LB at Ohio St. & was converted to safety by the Raiders.

He lost a leg to diabetes a few yrs. back & was in poor health. Despite his reputation he is definitely HoF material.

Comment

RIP to Tatum

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                  2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                  2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                    Stingley just died a couple of yrs. ago. RIP for both.

I read his book, They Call Me Assassin back in the early 70s, he was aptly named. He & fellow Raider safety Al Atkinson had a point system like a bounty on hits made on receivers, 1 point for knocked unconscious, 2 for knocked out of the game, 3 for a broken limb, injury or concussion, & they made it public to spread terror through the NFL. Tatum played LB at Ohio St. & was converted to safety by the Raiders.

He lost a leg to diabetes a few yrs. back & was in poor health. Despite his reputation he is definitely HoF material.
                    No doubt he was a great player, i remember after that hit how pissed my brother and i were. The next play John Hannah (Crimson Tide) went after him.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                      If Jack Tatum isn't in the HOF, all other prospects for Canton need to shut up.

Have to believe his playing style resulted in his early death.
                      Screw Jack Tatum. According to the HoF thread, we need to be inducting more kick returners.

All joking aside, RIP to one of the best to ever play the game.

Comment

RIP Jack Tatum

One of the most feared players ever to step on the football field.

Comment

One of the meanest SOB's ever. One of the better safeties ever. Personified the nastiness that were the Raiders back then.

Pretty sure he said he would never apologize for the hit. Called it part of the game.

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

Great player. He will be missed.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                            Originally posted by Borat
                            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

This is probably my all-time favorite NFL Films clip. Just watch and enjoy. I get goosebumps every time I see it.

2:16 - 2:37

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information