Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brent View Post
    I meant to say snap count.

I just wanted to provoke someone getting all pissy about the idea of Romo as an elite QB. I just love to instigate too much.
    I still love you Brent.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

Phillips will be Dallas' coach next year too. He is the only coach who has produced a playoff win in Dallas in like 20 years. (well 15?)
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

Homer prediction indeed.

I apologize, but Chicago will mutilate Carolina.

Julius Peppers is going to be taking a dump on Matt Moore's head all day long, and Tommie Harris will be flinging some of that poo into Clausen's face as he weep on the sideline. All the while, Jay Cutler is bombing TD passes to Johnny Knox giving old man Fox Hiroshima flashbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Breaker View Post
          Homer prediction indeed.

Julius Peppers is going to be taking a dump on Matt Moore's head all day long, and Tommie Harris will be flinging some of that poo into Clausen's face as he weep on the sideline. All the while, Jay Cutler is bombing TD passes to Johnny Knox giving old man Fox Hiroshima flashbacks.
          Chicago's offensive line with Martz's system is a huge question mark. Julius Peppers is Haynesworth 2.0 waiting to happen. You talk like Harris is a sure thing. I know Cutler came on at the end of the year but he can't throw that many INTs again. I would take Carolina over Chicago.

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
          I have the raiders getting the number one pick in the draft.............
          A man can hope right?
          Raiders are going have a solid team this year. Rolando is going to win DROY.
          Last edited by Scotty D; 07-28-2010, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            Tony is an elite QB in this league...just give him time and he'll make good things happen.
            Give any Quarterback in the league worth talking about time and they will make good things happen. Personally I think to many people throw around the word Elite and throw it around about too many players. Starting calibre is not elite. Outside of Manning, Brees and Brady there aren't any elite Quarterbacks in the league. After those three you have the likes of Rivers, Rodgers, Schaub, Favre, McNabb, Roethlisberger, all of whom are better than Tony Romo. To say that Romo is an elite Quarterback is to say that at very least there are ten Elite Quarterbacks in this league.
            Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Breaker View Post
              Homer prediction indeed.

This was awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus2602 View Post
                Give any Quarterback in the league worth talking about time and they will make good things happen. Personally I think to many people throw around the word Elite and throw it around about too many players. Starting calibre is not elite. Outside of Manning, Brees and Brady there aren't any elite Quarterbacks in the league. After those three you have the likes of Rivers, Rodgers, Schaub, Favre, McNabb, Roethlisberger, all of whom are better than Tony Romo. To say that Romo is an elite Quarterback is to say that at very least there are ten Elite Quarterbacks in this league.
                The league is incredibly deep at the QB position, these days. And they're all close at the top. You could certainly call him elite. And Mcnabb being better than him, is a joke. What makes any of the players you listed, distinctly better than Romo? I could reel off a whole list that I'd consider "elite", that's just the way it is these days. Most of these guys would be interchangeable. They're all excellent talents. In comparison to past years...these guy are all turning out MVP caliber seasons, damn near each year. The QB postion has never been deeper. You want to talk about a different criteria...involving playoff or superbowl wins (more team oriented), then whatever. But as far as talent goes, this is a QB league, and there are a bevy of elite talents out there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

More people are saying don't believe in the Cowboys than saying believe in them.

No bold statement. Go ahead and pump up New Orleans, Minnesota and Green Bay. Everyone else is too.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                    Chicago's offensive line with Martz's system is a huge question mark. Julius Peppers is Haynesworth 2.0 waiting to happen. You talk like Harris is a sure thing. I know Cutler came on at the end of the year but he can't throw that many INTs again. I would take Carolina over Chicago.

Raiders are going have a solid team this year. Rolando is going to win DROY.
                    i dont see the Carolina defense as a strenght at all. they have Beason and Gamble. Their DL is a big question and their safeties arent that strong. where is the pass rush gonna come from? Everette Brown?

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      The league is incredibly deep at the QB position, these days. And they're all close at the top. You could certainly call him elite. And Mcnabb being better than him, is a joke. What makes any of the players you listed, distinctly better than Romo? I could reel off a whole list that I'd consider "elite", that's just the way it is these days. Most of these guys would be interchangeable. They're all excellent talents. In comparison to past years...these guy are all turning out MVP caliber seasons, damn near each year. The QB postion has never been deeper. You want to talk about a different criteria...involving playoff or superbowl wins (more team oriented), then whatever. But as far as talent goes, this is a QB league, and there are a bevy of elite talents out there.
                      The term elite means the best in a certain grouping. Manning is elite and Romo doesn't compare to his ability. Brees is elite and Romo doesn't compare to his ability. Brady is elite and Romo doesn't compare to his ability. Quarterbacks are getting better but the elite Quarterbacks are also getting better. If Quarterbacks get better it doesn't mean that more of them become elite it means that we have to raise the bar as to what makes a Quarterback elite. There are 32 Quarterbacks in the league. That means, by definition, that 15 are better than average. I named a large amount of players who are in a similar or better playing level than Romo and I got to 10 Quarterbacks. Are you telling me that there 10 of the 15 above average Quarterbacks in the NFL are elite?

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus2602 View Post
                        Outside of Manning, Brees and Brady there aren't any elite Quarterbacks in the league.
                        Agreed.

And Rivers is first in line in the next group after the big 3.

Comment

Is Favre elite?

Comment

Well MOTH, you and I certainly have a different interpretation of the word "elite." Just because there is a lot of talented quarterbacks in the league does not mean that there are a lot of elite ones. The second tier of quarterbacks is much larger than the top tier, and I would only call the top tier "elite." Peyton Manning and Drew Brees are elite quarterbacks in the league. Tony Romo is not. He is closer to the Matt Ryans and Jay Cutlers of the third tier than he is to Peyton Manning and Drew Brees.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                              Agreed.

And Rivers is first in line in the next group after the big 3.
                              I'd agree. I would say you have Manning, Brees & Brady in the Elite Group. You then have the "Could become Elite or used to be Elite" Group with the likes of Rivers, Rodgers and probably still Favre. You then have the Good Group with Schaub, Big Ben, Romo, Eli, McNabb. You then have the above average group with the likes of Cutler, Flacco and Matty Ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                                Is Favre elite?
                                Not anymore. Definately used to be but Favre now isn't Favre from 10 years ago. Hell he isn't even the Favre from 5 years ago. But he's still pretty damn good.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information