No announcement yet.

BlindSite's NFL "something original other than truths" Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manning, Brees, Brady, Rivers, and Rodgers are all clearly better than Romo. I don't think anyone other than Cowboys fans would argue that. After the top five I think you can stick Romo in there anywhere from 6 to 10. I'd probably stick him at 7 or 8.
    Last edited by GB12; 07-28-2010, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
      It's actually kind of funny, because when I wanted Rolando McClain people said "you don't take an ILB top 10" and the Raiders take him 8th overall and it's perfectly acceptable.

The Raiders are "about to breakout" every year too. I'll believe it when I see it.
      Wouldn't you know, we agree on this one.

and you are sounding suspiciously down on the Berry pick, Vidae.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
        Wouldn't you know, we agree on this one.

and you are sounding suspiciously down on the Berry pick, Vidae.
        I think Berry's a better long term pick, until he arrived the safeties were beyond terrible in KC.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
          I think Berry's a better long term pick, until he arrived the safeties were beyond terrible in KC.
          There is no doubt, although my eyebrow is still raised over whatever happened with Pollard.

Comment

I'm not down on the Berry pick at all, you know this! As for Pollard, it was time for him to go. I loved him but he never went for the sure tackle.. he ALWAYS went for the big hit. He was a liability in both coverage and the run game here since he was drafted.

I'm really glad he is kicking so much ass in Houston, but if he were playing like he is there we'd still have him on the roster.

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus2602 View Post
              Not anymore. Definately used to be but Favre now isn't Favre from 10 years ago. Hell he isn't even the Favre from 5 years ago. But he's still pretty damn good.
              Favre threw 33 TDs and 7 picks last year while completing 68% of his passes for over 4200 yards. It makes no sense on how Favre was elite 5-10 years ago, and not now. In fact, his best seasons besides last year were over 10 years ago. Might want to rethink this post.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Pollard was average at best for the Chiefs, you can blame the coaching staff some as well as Pollard but for whatever reason it just didn't work here it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                  Favre threw 33 TDs and 7 picks last year while completing 68% of his passes for over 4200 yards. It makes no sense on how Favre was elite 5-10 years ago, and not now. In fact, his best seasons besides last year were over 10 years ago. Might want to rethink this post.
                  This, favre was one of the best QBs in football last year and even with his age he's one of the toughest SOBs in the business, torn bicep with the Jets, busted ankle throughout the season with the Vikes and he just keeps producing.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                    Manning, Brees, Brady, Rivers, and Rodgers are all clearly better than Romo. I don't think anyone other than Cowboys fans would argue that. After the top five I think you can stick Romo in there anywhere from 6 to 10. I'd probably stick him at 7 or 8.
                    Please give me the justification for Rivers and Rodgers being unquestionably better than Romo.

Comment

The only people who think Romo is better than Rodgers or Rivers are Cowboys fans.

Originally posted by fenikz
                      His soft D really turns me off
                      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

The only people who think Romo is better than Rodgers or Rivers are Cowboys fans.
                        I haven't said he's better, but I want to know how the others are proven to be better. Give me the justification. As far as wins and numbers go, I don't see a significant difference. So what is it?

Comment

I don't think anyone said that. To say that Rivers and Rodgers are a tier better than Romo doesn't really make sense to me from what all three have accomplished in their careers so far. They're all in that second tier behind the big three of Manning, Brees, and Brady right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post

Cowboys shouldn't be anointed just yet
                            The Cowboys seem to be the paper champs of the NFC East the addition of Dez Bryant, the health of three solid young running backs and the perceived weaknesses of their divisional rivals put together a coherent argument.

Consider for a moment. When has Wade Philips had his team live up to their billing? When have the running backs remained healthy for 16 games? When has Romo taken that step he's been predicted to take every year (though I will say he is a solid Quarterback). This brings me to my next point.

Not to say the rest of your concerns aren't warranted and without cause(then again, find me ONE team without a list of concerns for next season), but the two bolded issues don't make much sense.

When have the RB's remained healthy for 16 games? Well that's pretty much the point of having 3, because when an injury happens the RB play doesn't drop off. That's the better question, is when has the RB productivity fell off? Because even when Barber and Felix were both hurt Choice produced like an elite RB vs the best defenses in december and it's easy to assume he's gotten better since that point, as well as Felix.

When has Romo taken that next step that he was predicted to?

Did you miss last season? He lost TO(which everyone assumed he would have a terrible season without the all mighty TO around) and he threw for a career high in passing yards, threw under 10 INT's, cut his fumbles in half, and pretty much was a completely different person in terms of taking care of the football which were primarily his only concerns.

He won in December, he won in the playoffs, threw for more yards without a HOF WR, took care of the football, if those weren't the things you were expecting from him to do, then what else is he supposed to do? All those things I listed were things people said he needed to do to take the next step and he did that.

As far as the "elite" word, ehhh, everyone has a different definition, but as I said before in the Schaub thread I'm still putting my guys in tiers, and I have a really hard time understanding how Rivers would be in a completely different tier then Romo, and I'm even struggling putting Rodgers a tier higher.

Maybe someone could explain why Rivers is a tier above Romo to me, but if were just talking about personal preference that's even more reason why they should be in the same tier because there isn't much seperating the two. Romo has been alot better in terms of stats(Norv Turner has a way of accumulating stats for his QB's), both guys are extremely accurate, Romo is alot more mobile and a better thrower on the run.

Rivers has had some gutsy playoff performances, so nothing needs to be taken away from him, but I guess I'm not sure why he's so easily right behind the Brees/Manning/Brady bunch.

I personally want to see more from Rodgers as well, he throws the ball almost 100 more times a season then a guy like Phillip Rivers does so he has alot of chances to make plays, but I will give him credit where credit is due. The fact that he had so few INT's is very impressive.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I really didn't even see this last page before I posted, but that's pretty much what I'm asking too. But nobody really likes to offer up any legit answers other then "Cowboys fans are the only ones who think Romo is that good". I don't have him in my top 5 either, but let's not act like he's just good to Cowboy fans and not really good at all.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                Not to say the rest of your concerns aren't warranted and without cause(then again, find me ONE team without a list of concerns for next season), but the two bolded issues don't make much sense.

When have the RB's remained healthy for 16 games? Well that's pretty much the point of having 3, because when an injury happens the RB play doesn't drop off. That's the better question, is when has the RB productivity fell off? Because even when Barber and Felix were both hurt Choice produced like an elite RB vs the best defenses in december and it's easy to assume he's gotten better since that point, as well as Felix.

When has Romo taken that next step that he was predicted to?

Did you miss last season? He lost TO(which everyone assumed he would have a terrible season without the all mighty TO around) and he threw for a career high in passing yards, threw under 10 INT's, cut his fumbles in half, and pretty much was a completely different person in terms of taking care of the football which were primarily his only concerns.

He won in December, he won in the playoffs, threw for more yards without a HOF WR, took care of the football, if those weren't the things you were expecting from him to do, then what else is he supposed to do? All those things I listed were things people said he needed to do to take the next step and he did that.

As far as the "elite" word, ehhh, everyone has a different definition, but as I said before in the Schaub thread I'm still putting my guys in tiers, and I have a really hard time understanding how Rivers would be in a completely different tier then Romo, and I'm even struggling putting Rodgers a tier higher.

Maybe someone could explain why Rivers is a tier above Romo to me, but if were just talking about personal preference that's even more reason why they should be in the same tier because there isn't much seperating the two. Romo has been alot better in terms of stats(Norv Turner has a way of accumulating stats for his QB's), both guys are extremely accurate, Romo is alot more mobile and a better thrower on the run.

Rivers has had some gutsy playoff performances, so nothing needs to be taken away from him, but I guess I'm not sure why he's so easily right behind the Brees/Manning/Brady bunch.

I personally want to see more from Rodgers as well, he throws the ball almost 100 more times a season then a guy like Phillip Rivers does so he has alot of chances to make plays, but I will give him credit where credit is due. The fact that he had so few INT's is very impressive.
                                The thing with Romo has to do with my concerns for the offensive line. I am a big Romo fan, I'm not going to buy his Jersey or anything but I think he's on his way to being a very good QB in the NFL, thing is though I don't think he's good enough to overcome the weaknesses of his team in the way that Warner was able to, P. Manning seems to be able to and Drew Brees has been able to.

Superbowls and Playoffs in recent years have been decided primarily on the ability of a team to protect their quarterback, look at the recent superbowls for prime examples of this and even though Romo throws a great ball on the run, made up for the myriad of issues last year in the regular season for the most part, and has the ability to avoid the rush, I think the team will struggle against the likes of Minnesota, New Orleans and generally teams that have QBs who've been able to produce when facing venomous pass rushes like the cowboys have.

I'm not saying Romo is necessarily worse than any other QB in the NFL, I'm just saying he doesn't have that history of putting his team over the top when everyone else around him has faltered.

I still have the cowboys winning in their division I think it's all but a sealed deal that despite the issues I mentioned they'll be good enough to cruise past the eagles unless they gel early and Kolb plays better than expected, or the Giants find their groove after the injuries and upheaval they went through last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information