No announcement yet.

Schaub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having the best WR in the game is what makes him good. The Texans finally had a decent OL that kept him off of the ground. A lot of it is the fantasy numbers because Houston has a horrible running game so the team passes the ball a lot. He also has Owen Daniels as well as AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Gribble View Post
      I'm sorry, but Schaub in Houston is 19-19 as a starter. Say all you want about "supporting cast" and "tough AFC South" but Romo is 38-17 and Eli is 50-37 and has a ring. How can you possibly put him above those two?
      I would take the Giants Oline over the Texans any day of the week.

Whats up Gribble? Maybe NMSU will win a game this year.
      Last edited by jayceheathman; 07-28-2010, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
        I would take the Giants Oline over the Texans every day of the week.
        And their run game and their defence. Basically, what I am saying, is that the only thing the Texans do better than the Giants is pass the ball.
        Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

The Giants still have a better Oline than the Texans.

Whats up Gribble? Maybe NMSU will win a game this year.
          Well we finally beat UNM and get them at home this year. We're even not picked to finish last in the WAC, SJSU is. 2 wins!

Comment

Originally posted by Gribble View Post
            I'm sorry, but Schaub in Houston is 19-19 as a starter. Say all you want about "supporting cast" and "tough AFC South" but Romo is 38-17 and Eli is 50-37 and has a ring. How can you possibly put him above those two?
            W-L is very decieving for quarterbacks and pitchers alike. Maybe the defense wasn't there.

Put Eli's winning percentage next to Aaron Rodgers for instance, is Eli better soley because of the record?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
              Am I alone in failing to understand what makes Schaub a top 5 QB like everyone on here seems to believe? I see people talk about how he's clearly better than guys like Eli and Romo and to me that seems ridiculous. Someone please explain to me how he's not the most over-rated QB in the NFL because I see a very nice starter but not someone clearly superior to your Flacco's and Ryan's much less you Eli's and Romo's.
              My rankings in the other thread were for AFTER this season is played. I put him over Eli and Romo because I was choosing who I wanted going forward. I wasn't ranking previous accomplishments.

For all the people saying he is only good because of Andre Johnson what do you want him to do? Not throw it to him? How is that even relevant. Manning had Harrison, Wayne, Clark. Just because a QB has an All Pro WR you can't hold it against him. Tom Brady should try playing with scrubs and see what numbers he puts up, OH WAIT THEY TRIED THAT AND IT FAILED. The next year they got Welker, Moss and look what happened.
              Last edited by Scotty D; 07-28-2010, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                i agree, supporting cast is irrelevant. it's quite clear that romo and manning won all of those games entirely by themselves, playing offense and defense, and that schaub lost all of those games completely by himself.
                I just don't think Schaub can be considered an elite guy or even on the cusp of being there until his team actually makes the playoffs and is better than a .500 quarterback in the regular season. I really think saying one QB whose team hasn't been to the playoffs and has posted a 19-19 record is better than one who has been to the playoffs 3 times and is 38-17 is a stretch. Supporting cast isn't irrelevant but does it make up for that much of a difference?
                Anyway this will just end up in hypotheticals and team switching... ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                  Schaub is the newest king of garbage time statistics.
                  That is a nice statement to throw around but can you actually back it up? Because there is a big difference in putting up good numbers for a bad/mediocre team and racking up stats in garbage time.
                  Last edited by Scotty D; 07-28-2010, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
                    Schaub has a strong arm and is accurate.

Of course having AJ help him.

He is a fantasy football STUD(Not really relevant, yes I know.)

He needs to stay healthy of course.

When Schaub is healthy though, I like him as a top 10 NFL QB.

I'd take Schaub over Eli.

Schaub or Romo would be interesting, I'll say that.
                    No, that is everything.
                    He is a top 5(ish) Fantasy QB.

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

Holy ****,

1. There are few people in this thread arguing for Schaub.

2. None of them are using the fantasy stats as a reason for his ranking.

3. How the **** do you think QBs get points in fantasy football?

4. Eli Manning was living off his defensive line.

5. I've seen Romo make enough bonehead throws to not trust him.

6. Schaub-Romo-Manning are probably pretty equally ranked in the grand scheme of things and Schaub is my personal preference.

7. Not everyone slurp a derps the NFC East.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                        Schaub is a product of statistics and fantasy fans who know nothing about real football.
                        What? So he's being successful without really being successful?

Having the best WR in the game is what makes him good. The Texans finally had a decent OL that kept him off of the ground. A lot of it is the fantasy numbers because Houston has a horrible running game so the team passes the ball a lot. He also has Owen Daniels as well as AJ.
                        That's like saying the reason Steve Young was successful was because he had Jerry Rice. Schaub already showed signs of decency when he was down in Atlanta. At the end of the day you still have to make the accurate throws and good decisions to be a successful starter. If it was that easy, David Carr would have thrived in Houston...or Jamie Martin would have been dynamite all the time Marc Bulger went down due to the presence of Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce. It just doesn't work like that.

The Texans offensive line may have gotten better, but Schaub himself is a much better quarterback when it comes to avoiding the sack. David Carr made Houston's offensive line look way worse than it was.

As for the "fantasy numbers" angle, you could easily say the same thing about Phillip Rivers and his dead last ranked rushing attack. By that logic Rivers would be overrated as well. On the contrary, guys like Rivers and Schaub should receive more credit for having to pass the rock so many times due to the ineffectiveness of their team's own rushing attack.
                        Last edited by Ness; 07-28-2010, 03:32 PM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                        Originally posted by Borat
                        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                          What? So he's being successful without really being successful?
                          Stats are an awful way to judge talent, especially in football. Schaub is a good QB, no doubt about it. But I've seen people compare his stats with the elite talents in this league and make the argument that that is why Schaub himself is elite. I'm just not a fan of statistics being used in an argument to judge a players talents or value, because in football so much of any given play is the product of all 11 guys and so much of it is scheme. It's just not a statistical sport.

Anyway, I see a guy who is the beneficiary of the top WR in the game. When he's on his game, it almost always means Andre is on too. And if not, then coverage has opened up due to Andre. So much of that offense runs through AJ. Does this mean Schaub isnt that good? No, of course not. But it means he's not to be judged on his stats. Did Tom Brady all of a sudden becomes 10x better when he got Randy Moss? No. Sure, he was insane that year but he didn't get that way on his own. His stats exploded because of Randy.

So yeah, those stats are a product of the offense, which runs through Johnson for the most part. Doesn't mean Schaub isnt good, just means stats aren't a decent measure.

Comment

It's way way too hard and complicated to rank QB's one by one, you need to use tiers. I have Schaub in the same tier as Eli and Romo with no particuliar order at that point. I also have Rivers in that same tier. I haven't quite decided if I want to put Rodgers in tier 1 with Brees, Manning, and Brady, or this tier with these guys. I've been a bit back and forth on that, but Schaub I'd lump in with Romo and Eli but certainly not ahead.

He's a talented QB, I'll just leave it at that, he does tend to get overrated at times due to fantasy football but he is good.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              It's way way too hard and complicated to rank QB's one by one, you need to use tiers. I have Schaub in the same tier as Eli and Romo with no particuliar order at that point. I also have Rivers in that same tier. I haven't quite decided if I want to put Rodgers in tier 1 with Brees, Manning, and Brady, or this tier with these guys. I've been a bit back and forth on that, but Schaub I'd lump in with Romo and Eli but certainly not ahead.

He's a talented QB, I'll just leave it at that, he does tend to get overrated at times due to fantasy football but he is good.
                              I definitely agree about ranking players in tiers is a much more effective and logical ranking system opposed ranking them one by one.

If I had to tier the QB's it would look something like this...

Tier 1
                              Manning
                              Brees
                              Brady
                              Rivers

Tier 2
                              Rodgers
                              Favre
                              Roethlisberger

Tier 3
                              Romo
                              Schaub
                              McNabb
                              Palmer
                              Eli

Tier 4
                              Ryan
                              Flacco

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus2602 View Post
                                Personally I wouldn't take any of those Quarterbacks over him. I think Ben Roethlisberger is a very good Quarterback, but vastly overated as well. In the same vein as Eli Manning. Because they won Superbowls with really good defences does not make them outstanding Quarterbacks. Eli is a decent starter with nothing special about him. Matty Ice has had one good season followed by one not so good season. Romo is consistently inconsistent.
                                Eli is just a decent starter? Didn't watch him carry a beaten up gmen team to 8-8 without being able to step into his throws last year did you. Our D was pathetic, our OL and running game fell apart, our young receivers were inconsistent and eli had a break in one foot and plantar facitis (spl?) in the other, yet we still matched the Texans record last year in just as tough of a division. I don't mind people who don't consider Eli a near elite QB, but to say there's nothing special about him is to ignore the fact that he's one of the best late game QBs in the NFL. And romo's consistently inconsistent? What is this 2007?

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                                Holy ****,

1. There are few people in this thread arguing for Schaub.

2. None of them are using the fantasy stats as a reason for his ranking.

3. How the **** do you think QBs get points in fantasy football?

4. Eli Manning was living off his defensive line.

5. I've seen Romo make enough bonehead throws to not trust him.

6. Schaub-Romo-Manning are probably pretty equally ranked in the grand scheme of things and Schaub is my personal preference.

7. Not everyone slurp a derps the NFC East.
                                Eli Manning living off of the DL? Again you should check your calendar and realize this is no longer 2007.

I just don't see other than the numbers what makes Schaub a top ten QB, and even in this thread although he isn't being called top 5, he's getting mentioned right behind that top 5 of Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers and Rodgers. He's been injury prone, actually missing time due to injuries, I haven't seen him take over games late the way Eli does and I've just seen too many throws that were bailed out by a great receiver the way people used to criticize Eli for throwing up some passes that would've been in complete if it hadn't been Plax that was going up to get them.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                                Originally posted by JBCX
                                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information