Schaub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    What tools is he lacking to become an elite QB one day? Curious to hear this.
    Apparently Peyton Manning's DNA

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
      Apparently Peyton Manning's DNA
      he's probably got some left in his mouth/anus.

Yeah, I got nothing.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        What tools is he lacking to become an elite QB one day? Curious to hear this.
        Elite is defined differently by each person. To me elite is above great, because alot of people can be great elite is above that. Having said that here I go.

Arm Strentgh- Do I really have to elaborate?

Accuracy- While his completion percentage is good, his actual accuracy with the ball isn't all that great. He doesn't drop the ball in the breadbasket of a receiver in stride, he doesn't thread the needle and if it weren't for our receivers making great catches his percentage wouldn't be where he's at.

Confidence- I don't mean his demeanor. I mean in his throws. I've gone to dang near every home game during Schaub's career. I've seen him roll out and hesitate to hit open receivers time and time again. Most of the time the receivers are in good enough position where it won't make a difference, but sometimes he'll lead them to crushing hits, out of bounds or it'll just be intercepted. In a game of inches fractions of a second can make a huge difference.

Consistency- Do I need to elaborate?

Toughness- Do I need to elaborate?

Before you dig in. I'm happy he's on our team, he's not the biggest concern. What's done is done and I hope he keeps getting better, but no I don't think he'll be elite. Please don't read to much into what I say, I don't mean to come off as a hater, I'm just stating what I think. You asked a question and I answered it to my best ability.

And Brent...... that's messed up...... just whoa man, whoa.

Comment

• Originally posted by datchapin View Post
          And Brent...... that's messed up...... just whoa man, whoa.
          Haha, I went to A&M, I had many friends who were Texans fans and they hated Matt Schaub. And, watched too many Colts/Texans games, but that was mostly a joke.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Didn't wanna make a new thread for this, but I just wanted to pose a question.

From this thread, it seems like Schaub is liked so much because of his stats, essentially. He's a very productive player.

So where does my boy Kyle Orton rank?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• I like Schaub...Don't understand why he's not more popular.

If he were Matt Schaub, former highly touted QB and first round pick, he'd be looked at a whole lot differently.

Maybe I just like him because he's a legit QB throwing to a guy who should have been known as the best WR in football a long time ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                I like Schaub...Don't understand why he's not more popular.

If he were Matt Schaub, former highly touted QB and first round pick, he'd be looked at a whole lot differently.

Maybe I just like him because he's a legit QB throwing to a guy who should have been known as the best WR in football a long time ago.
                have you SEEN his old man face? that **** is scary.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• He looks like a former stoner.

Comment

• Schaub has always been overrated. He's plenty capable of being an NFL QB, just lacks the fire that the great ones have.

Comment

• I'm interested to see how the Texans, as a whole, perform down the stretch. Their upcoming schedule is pretty nasty.

Comment

• The Texans seem to be on the path to a 10-7 season so we will probably get to see plenty of Schaub. Schaub is good same 3rd tier as manning and romo.

Comment

• Brady
                          Manning
                          Brees
                          Rivers
                          Rodgers
                          Schaub

I am finally sold on Schaub he is bringing a whole lot to the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Schaub has always been overrated. He's plenty capable of being an NFL QB, just lacks the fire that the great ones have.
                            Not that I disagree, but this sounds like how you talked about Brees last season.
                            Originally posted by SNIPER26
                            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                              Didn't wanna make a new thread for this, but I just wanted to pose a question.

From this thread, it seems like Schaub is liked so much because of his stats, essentially. He's a very productive player.

So where does my boy Kyle Orton rank?
                              Kyle Orton is going to get more and more love as the season goes on. He is producing wonderfully and people love to see stats. I think people viewed him as an afterthought in the Jay Cutler trade because of his previous role in chicago. Now he is a great fit for his offense and isn't view as a game manager. He is leading the league in passing yards a quarter of the way through the season, can't ignore something like that.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• choo choo the Orton>Cutler train is chugging along nicely

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information