Haynesworth "Pleased"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    Golic doing that test was nothing more than a subtle advertisement for P90X.
    Definitely not nutri-system.
    **** her in da *****!

Comment

I'm in the camp that believes this test was setting him up for failure. Touching the ground is the hardest part of the test, tightening your thigh muscles and working your abdomen as you reach down every 30 yards. Mike Golic did some half lean thing and just turned around not even demonstrating the exercise correctly.

If Haynesworth didn't have to extend his hand to the ground, then there is no excuse for his behavior. However, if he did the exercise the correct way then I don't believe this was an actual test so much as it was a punishment (for missing the earlier work outs or whatever)

Also, this test takes a lot of cardiovascular strength which Haynesworth probably didn't work out nearly as much as his muscle mass (though that is speculation).

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
        I'm in the camp that believes this test was setting him up for failure. Touching the ground is the hardest part of the test, tightening your thigh muscles and working your abdomen as you reach down every 30 yards. Mike Golic did some half lean thing and just turned around not even demonstrating the exercise correctly.

If Haynesworth didn't have to extend his hand to the ground, then there is no excuse for his behavior. However, if he did the exercise the correct way then I don't believe this was an actual test so much as it was a punishment (for missing the earlier work outs or whatever)

Also, this test takes a lot of cardiovascular strength which Haynesworth probably didn't work out nearly as much as his muscle mass (though that is speculation).
        That is the standard conditioning test. He knew that if he didnt show up to atleast 50% of the offseason workouts he would have to take it, just like everyone else. He didnt go to any so he had to take it... how is that setting himself up to fail? He set himself up to fail.

Comment

I know this might be a shocker, but a 300 meter shuttle run test your ability to transition from mild sprint to a dead stop, turn, and explode back up 12 times. Then you get 3.5 minutes to recover and do the same thing. Haynesworth will absolutely need to be able to explode and stop on a football field.

You can't simulate wear and tear of 2-3 quarters of football, so you make him run some distance. It's not just about the first snap of the game. The redskins care to have him in week 16 in the 4th quarter doing the same thing in week 1 in the first.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Absolutely pathetic to not be able to pass that.

Pick all the holes in Golic you want, he is still 47 and still got closer than Haynesworth has managed.

I could rock up now, with no ACL in my right knee and I could pass that test. Any person in decent shape should be able to pass that test, that is all it is designed to test, it isn't some test to prove you are an elite athlete, it is a test to show you have decent endurance and are in good enough shape to then go and train.

Probably the hardest part of the whole test is the wait in the middle that lets the lactic acid build up, the time and distance should present no challenge at all, remove that and tell them to run 600 yards and it is as basic a fitness test as you will get.

I'm fully of the opinion that this test was a measure for Shanahan to show who is boss and that Haynesworth's abysmally pathetic attempt at completing it and subsequent injury is just his way of pushing back. Hell Mt Cody passed a very similar test for the Ravens, it is not a difficult test, but Haynesworth is making his point, it hurts the team far more as I haven't seen anywhere that he isn't getting paid or is fineable whilst he sits out and fails the test, he is basically holding out in front of everyone.

This one is going to be very interesting, basically Shanahan is not letting his best player train or learn the defense to make a point, will be very interesting how long he is willing to let the sideshow run before he takes some action, either makes him train or sends him home, either way... the Redskins are successfully going into self destruct mode again.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
              Absolutely pathetic to not be able to pass that.

Pick all the holes in Golic you want, he is still 47 and still got closer than Haynesworth has managed.

I could rock up now, with no ACL in my right knee and I could pass that test. Any person in decent shape should be able to pass that test, that is all it is designed to test, it isn't some test to prove you are an elite athlete, it is a test to show you have decent endurance and are in good enough shape to then go and train.

Probably the hardest part of the whole test is the wait in the middle that lets the lactic acid build up, the time and distance should present no challenge at all, remove that and tell them to run 600 yards and it is as basic a fitness test as you will get.

I'm fully of the opinion that this test was a measure for Shanahan to show who is boss and that Haynesworth's abysmally pathetic attempt at completing it and subsequent injury is just his way of pushing back. Hell Mt Cody passed a very similar test for the Ravens, it is not a difficult test, but Haynesworth is making his point, it hurts the team far more as I haven't seen anywhere that he isn't getting paid or is fineable whilst he sits out and fails the test, he is basically holding out in front of everyone.

This one is going to be very interesting, basically Shanahan is not letting his best player train or learn the defense to make a point, will be very interesting how long he is willing to let the sideshow run before he takes some action, either makes him train or sends him home, either way... the Redskins are successfully going into self destruct mode again.
              Golic did not do the same test. Golic did a horsecrap version that's basically jogging for a minute.

...and you have no idea what you're talking about. Until you've actually done it, you can live in ignorance and keep thinking it's something any average schmuck can do. Take it from a guy who had to do it for a college football program: it's not easy unless you're built like a runner. If you have a lot of muscle mass, it's hard as hell. I could do it, but I had the advantage of not being a lineman.

...and Mt. Cody's test was the lineman test. IT WAS A TOTAL OF 150 YARDS (3 sets of 50) WITHOUT BENDING DOWN. Meanwhile, Fat Albert is being forced to do the same test as DBs and LBs...four times the length and touching the line with his hand.

Your Anti-Haynesworth bias is showing.
              Last edited by Monomach; 08-04-2010, 08:12 AM.

Comment

The heavier you are the harder this test is. as i said i take it for hockey and we have ten seconds less because none of us are even close to three hundred pounds lol

for a normally built person whos in shape this isnt too bad but if youre not in shape or your the size of a bus, its a challenge.

A heavy person has to accelerate all that mass, stop it and touch the ground, turn around and do it again a whole lot of times. the stopping and starting is what wears you out, not the distance, and its a lot more wear on you than most people seem to be giving it credit for. the running in between is like a break really, once you get going its not bad just cruise to the next stop point. but its not far enough to really catch your breath or anything like that.

i agree that i think this is fat albert pushing back, he'll pass it when his knee is good and he really wants to.
                Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

oh and golic didnt do even close to the same test. his model of it was piss poor and is basically irrelevant to the conversation because he really didnt do it at all.

Mount Cody's run was very simple: 50 yards three times. that should never be an issue for anyone unless they are gargantuen
                  Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

We all know why the test is being made hard: Haynesworth decided not to train this off-season and Shanahan is trying to make him quit so he has to pay back the money.

The guy is a lazy player half of the time. The other half he's the best DT in the NFL. Right now, it looks like he wants to be in the first half and not the second. There is no excuse for him being out of shape. The test might be "hard" but I'll bet that every single healthy player on the team regardless of size could complete it (within 3 tries).
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                      There is no excuse for him being out of shape.
                      Dude, he lost 30 lbs in the offseason. How the F is he out of shape?

The test might be "hard" but I'll bet that every single healthy player on the team regardless of size could complete it (within 3 tries).
                      You're wrong. There is a test given to linemen and a test given to DBs and LBs. Albert is being given the wrong one because Shanny wants his players to think he has a huge tool in his pants. If every player were expected to pass the same test, why did they even bother making separate tests in the first place? Why did the Ravens just give Cody a test that involves no bending down to touch a line, 25% of the running distance, and 25% of the accelerations/decelerations (which is the same test they gave linemen on my team, by the way)?

I'm so sick of people who have no actual football experience beyond high school pretending that they know what the hell they're talking about in this thread. The very fact that some people think that a test that is fair for a DB is perfectly fair for a guy twice that size is mind-blowing. If everyone's the same, why aren't DBs being required to lift the same amount as linemen?

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                        Dude, he lost 30 lbs in the offseason. How the F is he out of shape?
                        What does that have anything to do with being in shape? Good nutrition will cause weight loss. Does that have anything to do with being in good (football) shape? No.

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                        Why did the Ravens just give Cody a test that involves no bending down to touch a line, 25% of the running distance, and 25% of the accelerations/decelerations (which is the same test they gave linemen on my team, by the way)?
                        What does a player on the Ravens have to do with a player on the Redskins? Nothing.

Let's have sympathy for having the guy have to bend down (which he does literally every play), accelerate and decelerate (which he also does literally every play), and run hard (well, he doesn't do that every play, but he should)

edit: Linebackers and DBs don't get 73 seconds to run the second leg.
                        Last edited by descendency; 08-04-2010, 11:56 AM.
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

Im positive that if he wanted to pass the text he would
                          RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

300 yard run

25 yard interval

70 seconds

You have between five and six seconds for each leg of the run. accelerating isnt that hard just gets tiring and draining, but deccelerating is what kills your time. a lot of guys practice getting to top speed quickly. few practice stopping as quickly as you need to in this drill. because of the distance and muscle memory from doing shuttle runs, most guys start to deccelerate too far from the 25 yard mark, and it kills their time. its not an impossible test by any means, but its not as easy as everyone whos never had to run one in their lives is claiming. thought i gotta say, making it in 70 seconds seems very do-able to me. then again, im not well over 300 pounds, tough for me to imagine what running is like while really fat lol

haynesworth has a ***** for whining about the system and asking for a trade with his fat selfish contract, and hes getting what was coming to him: a lot of public humiliation.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post

Let's have sympathy for having the guy have to bend down (which he does literally every play), accelerate and decelerate (which he also does literally every play), and run hard (well, he doesn't do that every play, but he should)

edit: Linebackers and DBs don't get 73 seconds to run the second leg.
                              Stop talking out of your ass, honestly. Haynesworth has never had to bend down and touch the ground in the middle of a play. He bends down at the beginning of the play and that's it. That's not the same thing. Stop talking out of your ass. He doesn't need to come to a sudden and complete stop and then touch the ground. He comes to a stop at his own pace when the play ends or when the QB gets rid of the ball. That's not the same thing.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Why the hell are people acting like it's supposed to mimic what he has to do on the field? It's not, and it doesn't. This is a conditioning test, not defensive line drills. Who cares if he never has to run 300 yards in a game, that's not the point.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information