Training Camp Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
    Alphonso Smith was traded for Earl Thomas, who will be starting week one and has looked fantastic this preseason.

Broncos...
    The #14 overall pick, in a very strong draft class. So much fail. I would of given them a slight pass if they had a pick last year and just opted to take him, bust happen, but you traded up with a pick that alot of people felt could have been a top 20 pick to begin with, and take a player late in the 30's.

It just never made sense. They could of used that pick to trade up to get Joe Haden, or could have traded back(or just stayed put) and took Kyle Wilson or a number of the 1st round corners that went before Wilson.

I have no clue why they were so antsy to use that pick, when you do stuff like that it typically needs to be for a QB(ie the Browns moving up for Quinn), or another player you are really sure about and have graded incredibly high. Still they had to know the draft the year after would be much stronger, and that pick was going to be at least 10-15 picks higher then where they took Smith.

Syd'Quan does look alot better, they either have to keep both or cut Smith. Thompson wouldn't clear waivers.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Some harsh words between Vernon Davis and Michael Crabtree, both were pulled from practice, into the locker room with Coach Singletary.

Comment

• Sounds like Greg Olsen will be traded. Makes sense, Martz doesn't use the TE and the Bears O-Line could definitely use Brandon Manumaleuna helping out blocking.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...ully01.article

Comment

• Originally posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
          Some harsh words between Vernon Davis and Michael Crabtree, both were pulled from practice, into the locker room with Coach Singletary.
          And only Singletary emerged.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
            Sounds like Greg Olsen will be traded. Makes sense, Martz doesn't use the TE and the Bears O-Line could definitely use Brandon Manumaleuna helping out blocking.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...ully01.article
            Come to KC please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              Sounds like Greg Olsen will be traded. [/URL]
              I love how, when this notion was broached when the Bears signed Martz, many people said that Martz would find a way to use Olsen. If he can't find a way to use Vernon Davis, he can't find a way to use Greg Olsen.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                I love how, when this notion was broached when the Bears signed Martz, many people said that Martz would find a way to use Olsen. If he can't find a way to use Vernon Davis, he can't find a way to use Greg Olsen.
                Can't or won't?

Comment

• Hopefully they get it done and those targets go to Devin Aromahshadu!

Comment

• I'm with Shiver...I have Aromashodu on my fantasy team!
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• And I have Hester!

Bears WRs FTW!

Comment

• If Aromashodu (how the **** do you spell it? too lazy to check) pans out my receivers will be amazing this year.. . haha

Comment

• Da Bears need someone to start blocking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                            Can't or won't?
                            Exactly. Davis was utilized as an in-line blocker for a great percentage of pass plays in 2008.

Comment

• I have Aromashodu AND Knox on my team. I guess we're all following the same trend here.

Big armed QB + vertical passing game + Martz + fast receivers = WIN FORMULA!

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                                Da Bears need someone to start blocking.
                                That's why you trade Olsen. Get Manumaleuna in there on every snap, he's 290-lbs at least. Have him help Chris Williams and your blocking just got much better.

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                                I have Aromashodu AND Knox on my team. I guess we're all following the same trend here.

Big armed QB + vertical passing game + Martz + fast receivers = WIN FORMULA!

I like Devin the most. I think he is the biggest target, he was awesome last year, Jay Cutler has locked in on him before. And I don't think the O-Line will give Cutler enough time to go downfield to Knox on a regular enough basis. Since I am in a PPR league, that means Aromashodu.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information