Training Camp Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam_Schefter

San Francisco pulled off a double play, signing two draft picks: first-round pick Anthony Davis and third-round pick Navorro Bowman.

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
      Wow that's not good. So what's your secondary going to look like at the start of the season if Ed Reed gets put on the PUP?
      If Fabian Washinton is on PUP

cb1-Chris Carr
      cb2-Travis Fisher
      cb3-Walt Harris

I will puke if I go on.

By week 6 our CB will be.

cb1-Webb
      cb2-Washington
      cb3-Carr
      cb4-Fisher
      cb5-Harris.

That wont be bad, but we will give up 400 passing yards a game until they get healthy.

Comment

6'7' SLB..
        Expect linebacker movement on defense. Second-year man Michael Johnson is moving from defensive end to strongside linebacker, where coaches would like him to win the starting job
        http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0vArEV2aQ

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post

cb1-Chris Carr
          cb2-Travis Fisher
          cb3-Walt Harris

I will puke if I go on.

cb1-Webb
          cb2-Washington
          cb3-Carr
          cb4-Fisher
          cb5-Harris.

That wont be bad, but we will give up 400 passing yards a game until they get healthy.
          So would that leave Zbikowski and Landry as the two safeties? That's not a good sign for your pass defense if so

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

I'm so ******* glad football season is up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
              I'm so ******* glad football season is up and running.
              I'll drink to that

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Yeah while Reed is on PUP Zbi will be the FS. And he is better then many people think. He played very well it shocked me. He stays in his zone and doenst free lance like Reed and that helps us. Zbi is a baller its not the end of the world when he starts

Comment

I can't believe Merriman is making such a fuss over a contract extension, I mean seriously? Dude has played in 15 games over the past 2 seasons, and in that span has a total of 4 sacks, 0 INT's, 0 FF's, 0 pass deflections, all areas in which he excelled in his first 3 seasons in the league.

So why exactly do you deserve a contract again? He's talking about going to a team who can build a defense around him, yet he hasn't even come close to showing that he should be that type of player.

I'm really unsure as to what he expects the Chargers to do, and nobody really even wants the guy because if so he probably would have been traded by now.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Taylor Mays signed and sealed in time for camp

Comment

What do you all think about fat albert's conditioning test issues?

Idk what the story is but from what i hear it sounds like hes in decent shape, its just that shanahan is trying to rub it in and make him look as bad as possible and ESPN and the rest are just eating it up. id feel bad for the guy if the whole situation wasnt his fault to begin with.
                      Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                      Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

Originally posted by hockey619 View Post
                        What do you all think about fat albert's conditioning test issues?

Idk what the story is but from what i hear it sounds like hes in decent shape, its just that shanahan is trying to rub it in and make him look as bad as possible and ESPN and the rest are just eating it up. id feel bad for the guy if the whole situation wasnt his fault to begin with.
                        Definitely seems like Shanahan is singling him out to make an example of him. I'm in favor of the "treat all of your players the same" approach, so I'm not too pleased with that move. It makes "The Ultimate Leader" look petty, even if Haynesworth is a jerk.

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post

cb1-Chris Carr
                        cb2-Travis Fisher
                        cb3-Walt Harris

I will puke if I go on.

cb1-Webb
                        cb2-Washington
                        cb3-Carr
                        cb4-Fisher
                        cb5-Harris.

I believe it's week seven that players can come off the PUP list. Definitely glad the Patriots get the Ravens before then.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                          Definitely seems like Shanahan is singling him out to make an example of him. I'm in favor of the "treat all of your players the same" approach, so I'm not too pleased with that move. It makes "The Ultimate Leader" look petty, even if Haynesworth is a jerk.

Thats what i thought too. I think karma is catching up to Haynesworth and hes suffering some serious public embarrassment after his equally embarrassing offseason of sitting out while making more than everyone else on the team.

At the same time though, did anyone else who missed team activities get this challenging of a fitness test? im not saying its a killer run, but its kinda tough for such a big guy. I feel bad for him because I dont think anyone else was pushed as hard. but at the same time he made a 21 million in april and was whining about it, so i really have hard time finding sympathy for his plight.
                          Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                          Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

It's hard to feel sorry for a guy like AH, but the test sounds ridiculous. Deangelo Hall is quoted saying he's not sure he himself could finish the test.

Comment

Adam_Schefter

1. Niners keeping busy: Now they have signed their other first-round pick, guard Mike Iupati, to a five-year deal. 6 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

Comment

Maybe the doom & gloom Raiders have finally pulled out of their team tailspin.

McClain is in Napa after signing this wk. for $23M guaranteed money making good on his promise to fans to be on the field for the start of camp. The Raiders have all 80 players under contract for the 1st time in many seasons, giving a positive atmosphere to their start in Napa that's 180-out from the horribly depressing camp last yr. with the asst. sucker punch & rumors of Cable's firing swirling around.

http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_15636030

This is far from the days of Jamarcus Russell holding out & wasting his entire rookie yr about 3 yrs. ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information