Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flozell Adams signs with Pittsburgh

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-steelers/

The prospect of Adams guarding the blindside of Leftwich for at least 4 games has to make you uneasy if you're a Steelers fan. Slow footed Adams pass blocking the blind side of brick footed, catapault throwing motion Leftwich.....yikes.

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-steelers/

The prospect of Adams guarding the blindside of Leftwich for at least 4 games has to make you uneasy if you're a Steelers fan. Slow footed Adams pass blocking the blind side of brick footed, catapault throwing motion Leftwich.....yikes.
    He's going to be our RT with Willie Colon's Achilles tear, Starks is entrenched as our LT.

I think he can be a solid RT.

Starks - Kemoeatu - Hartwig - Pouncey - Adams

Starks - Kemoeatu - Pouncey - Foster - Adams

It'll wind up being something like that.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

I like the signing with no cap, but a multi-year contract kind of blows. Should be a fine RT.

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
        He's going to be our RT with Willie Colon's Achilles tear, Starks is entrenched as our LT.

I think he can be a solid RT.

Starks - Kemoeatu - Hartwig - Pouncey - Adams

Starks - Kemoeatu - Pouncey - Foster - Adams

It'll wind up being something like that.
        The article begs to differ, predicting Adams on the left with Starks back to the right.

Whichever it is....Adams is a bit scary blocking for a non-mobile QB. (Romo might not be Vick but he could keep plays alive and survive bad protection a little better than Leftwich can.)

Comment

As long as no speed rushers come off the right side, he will be fine.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

I think the steelers will have a lot of success running the ball this year. The OL should be able to maul teams and Mendenhall is a monster. Alongside a significantly improved D by the return of Troy P I think that they'll be able to limit the damage Leftwich can cause.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Eh, we'll see what happens. I think Adams winds up at RT though, since it wouldn't really be an upgrade or downgrade from Starks at LT, IMO. Both guys struggle against speed rushers.

And if Leftwich does struggle with mobility and it becomes a big issue, there's always Dennis Dixon. He's the anti-Leftwich in that sense.

Mendenhall's gonna have to play really well those 4 games though. IMO the offense will depend on him.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

I like the signing. I had been saying for awhile Flo would be a very solid RT or even Guard for a team who needed him. Is he old and passed his prime? Certainly. But he's twice the player Orlando Pace was when he signed with the Bears(anyone have this contract numbers to compare)?

Flozell's only problem was speed rushers, especially the smaller Elvis Dumervil type guys, if he gets his hands on you it's over, and if your running a smash mouth sort of offensive scheme he'll be very effective doing so. Now if their going to spread things out with Big Ben when he's back, it could be some concern, but regardless of how you feel this upgrades their line and I'm pretty sure that was their objective.

My pops is a huge Steeler fan so it'll be interesting to watch him on the right side, but if they stick to the run, especially while Ben is out, I think people will be surprised how solid he'll be on the right side.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  I like the signing. I had been saying for awhile Flo would be a very solid RT or even Guard for a team who needed him. Is he old and passed his prime? Certainly. But he's twice the player Orlando Pace was when he signed with the Bears(anyone have this contract numbers to compare)?

Flozell's only problem was speed rushers, especially the smaller Elvis Dumervil type guys, if he gets his hands on you it's over, and if your running a smash mouth sort of offensive scheme he'll be very effective doing so. Now if their going to spread things out with Big Ben when he's back, it could be some concern, but regardless of how you feel this upgrades their line and I'm pretty sure that was their objective.

My pops is a huge Steeler fan so it'll be interesting to watch him on the right side, but if they stick to the run, especially while Ben is out, I think people will be surprised how solid he'll be on the right side.
                  Pace was set to earn $3.75M this upcoming year, no word yet on how much Adams' contract is worth. I heard he wanted around $4M, but there's no way the Steelers gave him that. At least I don't think there is...

edit: Here's the original contract info for Pace's deal:

The Bears have agreed to a three-year deal, $15 million deal with free agent Orlando Pace, a source told ESPN.com's John Clayton. His first-year payout, according to the source, is $6.1 million.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

It's not going to replace Colon, who was probably Pittsburgh's best offensive lineman last year, but I think Adams could function as a passable right tackle in the interim.

Comment

Pitt was in jam and there really wasn't much else they could do so can't blame them for giving Flo a shot even if I'm not a fan of the tripper.
                      Last edited by Splat; 07-29-2010, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Kinda vague, but another article suggesting that Adams may be on the left side in Pittsburgh:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Pittsburgh coaches are determining the best fit for Adams, according to a source. The Steelers won a Super Bowl with left tackle Max Starks playing on the right side, and it could be the case that Adams, a longtime stalwart at left tackle for the Dallas Cowboys, will be on that side in Pittsburgh.
                        At least i think that is what they're hinting at.....I hope he's not on the left side, just so I don't have to listen to all my Steeler fan friends ***** all season long, lol

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          At least i think that is what they're hinting at.....I hope he's not on the left side, just so I don't have to listen to all my Steeler fan friends ***** all season long, lol
                          I hope he is on the left side. Maybe Byron will get massacred and they'll put in Dixon who should be starting

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            I hope he is on the left side. Maybe Byron will get massacred and they'll put in Dixon who should be starting
                            You and pretty much every Steelers fan I know think that, probably many others too.

I don't get it myself personally....Byron looked decent in limited playing time two seasons ago, but Dixon looked good against a very tough defense when he played last year, and has been in the system longer than Leftwich too.

The only thing I can figure is that the Steelers coaches know something about Dixon that they don't like and won't let on....otherwise he absolutely would be the starting QB.

My other theory is that they don't want to create controversy. Even if Leftwich plays very well, it'll be Ben's job when he gets back. If Dixon were to play well, with the fan base on his side and mostly against Rapelisberger, there would be a major QB controversy.

Comment

Hey, he still ate Trent Cole's lunch all day last year. He still has dominant stretches, he should be just fine for another year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information