Training Camp Injury Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Camp Injury Thread

And other terrible injuries, put em in here.
    These are usually the biggest newsmakers of training camp and I hate all torn ACLs even on the Vikings.
    These things could ruin a team's season before August ends.

WESTMINSTER, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens starting cornerback Domonique Foxworth tore his anterior cruciate ligament in Thursday's practice and will miss the coming season.

The veteran was hurt Thursday during an informal practice period. Coach John Harbaugh said Friday that Foxworth tore his ACL without being touched.

Foxworth had four interceptions last season.

His injury is another setback for Baltimore's defensive backfield. Fabian Washington and Lardarius Webb are dealing with injuries and safety Ed Reed, who had hip surgery in the offseason, will start the season on the physically unable to perform list.

I guess that Walt Harris signing looks better.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Can't wait to see what happens in the AFC North... Ravens defense could be falling apart, Bengals offense is looking to be top 5 in the league, Steelers have question marks all around, the Browns have a lot of young guys on offense and defense that no one really knows anything about. I'm thinking this division is really gonna beat the **** out of each other this year.

I'm thinking

1. Ravens - 12-4/13-3 (Depends big time on if Flacco keeps progressing, Boldin stays health, and Ray Rice stays at a top level)
      2. Bengals - 11-5/12-4 (Carson Palmer.)
      3. Steelers - 7-9/8-8 (Injuries, Holmes is gone, really only 2 deep at receiver, defense is old)
      4. Browns - 6-10/7-9 (Delhomme is a huge ?, very inexperienced wide receiving corps, young defense, need run game to stay at the level it ended the season at.)
      Last edited by PoopSandwich; 07-30-2010, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Depressing thread is depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
          i'm not entirely sure this needs it's own thread, but it could've at least had a decent title to start with.
          Good point, although the ACL tears definitely grab the eye.

As for the AFC North, I don't see how Cinci isn't the favorite considering what they did last year to Baltimore & Sixburgh and they return all their key guys don't they, plus will have Mauluga back?

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
            Can't wait to see what happens in the AFC North... Ravens defense could be falling apart, Bengals offense is looking to be top 5 in the league, Steelers have question marks all around, the Browns have a lot of young guys on offense and defense that no one really knows anything about. I'm thinking this division is really gonna beat the **** out of each other this year.

I'm thinking

1. Ravens - 12-4/13-3 (Depends big time on if Flacco keeps progressing, Boldin stays health, and Ray Rice stays at a top level)
            2. Bengals - 11-5/12-4 (Carson Palmer.)
            3. Steelers - 7-9/8-8 (Injuries, Holmes is gone, really only 2 deep at receiver, defense is old)
            4. Browns - 6-10/7-9 (Delhomme is a huge ?, very inexperienced wide receiving corps, young defense, need run game to stay at the level it ended the season at.)
            Wait what? Their D could be top 5, but that offense is a long ways from top 5 unless Carson Palmer suddenly becomes the Carson Palmer of 2006. The running game will be strong with that monstrous OL even though I expect Benson to have a quieter year as he took a lot carries last year. The passing game isn't that good IMO, Chad's chad, TO may be slowing down but he's still going to be a good second receiver, Graham's got tons of talent and when healthy and his head's on straight Bryant is a very talented WR. So the weapons are good enough, but Carson Palmer just hasn't played like a guy who can run a top 5 offense.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

I hate this thread that is all.

Comment

Dez Bryant injured his ankle on one of the last plays of practice, just now. Had to be helped off the field by the trainers. Dont know the severity yet. He apparently tried to get up twice and fell both times. hmmm.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

To make matters worse for Baltimore, Jared Gaither was carted off the field w/ a back injury.

Comment

Just to kick the Ravens ass a little more, Jared Gaither carted off the field:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...off-the-field/

Comment

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...her-cramps-up/

just cramps for Gaither. Nothing serious

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        Dez Bryant injured his ankle on one of the last plays of practice, just now. Had to be helped off the field by the trainers. Dont know the severity yet. He apparently tried to get up twice and fell both times. hmmm.
                        Sounds like a high ankle sprain.

Damn, that sucks for him, as those can be pretty serious and can linger. He just needs to take two weeks off or so, because those can mess with you all season.

Comment

The Ravens secondary is so ridiculously thin... Foxworth gone, Ed Reed looking like he's headed for the PUP list... they better hope the LaDarius Webb's of the world develop in a hurry since they decided to use their 1st 2 picks on risky front 7 players.

Unfortunately, since the Browns have yet to demonstrate they can pass, this is almost meaningless from a matchup standpoint.

And while Gaither being hurt would be unfortunate, the Ravens OLine is so retardedly deep, I doubt they miss a beat in his absence, however long that would be

Comment

Webb played very well in his time. I just hope we can not start on PUP. Washington is practicing and he is what he is, a nice #2 CB. After that we got a bunch of old guys or really young and unproven guys. I am nervous. But Suggs is lost 20-25 pounds so hopefully that spices our pass rush up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                              Wait what? Their D could be top 5, but that offense is a long ways from top 5 unless Carson Palmer suddenly becomes the Carson Palmer of 2006. The running game will be strong with that monstrous OL even though I expect Benson to have a quieter year as he took a lot carries last year. The passing game isn't that good IMO, Chad's chad, TO may be slowing down but he's still going to be a good second receiver, Graham's got tons of talent and when healthy and his head's on straight Bryant is a very talented WR. So the weapons are good enough, but Carson Palmer just hasn't played like a guy who can run a top 5 offense.
                              True, but they added Gresham, TO, Antonio Bryant... They're definitely looking to be one of the better offenses in the league.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information