Training Camp Injury Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://community.kdvr.com/_Initial-R...602/96399.html

However, immediately after practice, Fox31’s Josina Anderson learned the early diagnosis on Thomas was an aggravated left foot injury. This is the same left foot that the young prospect out of Georgia Tech suffered a clean fracture on during a three-cone drill in a pre-draft workout and subsequently prevented him from participating in the NFL scouting combine the very next week.
    Demaryius Thomas injured his left foot and Eric Decker also left practice with an injury.

http://community.kdvr.com/_Initial-D...646/96399.html

Fans watched nervously in the stands as Decker had his left shoe removed by head trainer Steve Antonopolous, and had his foot/ankle region evaluated on the sidelines after a goal-line drill.

Those familiar with Decker’s injury history were likely more anxious knowing Decker is in the delicate stages of a comeback from a lisfranc injury to his left foot that prematurely ended his collegiate career last October.
    Last edited by Scotty D; 08-08-2010, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
      Wow, that really sucks.
      It could, tremendously. The status of his injury is unknown. It could be minor, and he won't miss any of the regular season, or it could be major, like Garrett Wolfe last season who missed the remainder of the season.

Brooks will be reevaluated in 2 weeks to determine more.

Comment

• Louis Delmas (groin) and TE Will Heller (back) are off the PUP list and practicing in full pads Monday morning.
        Last edited by Scotty D; 08-09-2010, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Cowboys' John Phillips out for season with torn ACL

Comment

• All these injuries coming so soon sucks, you hate to see promising players get hurt before the regular season.

I had very high hopes for Ahmad Brooks who was settling into a pass rushing role at OLB and I saw him breaking out this season with 10+ sacks. Any word on when he can potentially return?

Decker/Thomas both having foot injuries that were re-injured makes me wonder if they were indeed 100%, or just healthy enough to practice. I heard Thomas was starting to turn it up in practice also, but you may as well just sit these guys out until you know they are good to go. Re-injurring these injuries is only going to slow their development.

I am also bummed about John Phillips. He was clearly better then Martellus Bennett at this point and had gotten so much better. It's a position that you won't hardly notice any impact because Martellus can block just as well, and has better downfield talent but he's still more potential then production right now. Just sucks for a player that was clearly working hard and getting better, he was looking like one of our most improved players.

These things happen though so it's better to just expect them and not be surprised.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
              Decker and Bay Bay both with foot/ankle injuries. This just keeps getting better.

I didnt have any problem with the Thomas pick but Decker was an injury waiting to happen. To me he went way too early considering the foot injury, sorry to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                All these injuries coming so soon sucks, you hate to see promising players get hurt before the regular season.

I had very high hopes for Ahmad Brooks who was settling into a pass rushing role at OLB and I saw him breaking out this season with 10+ sacks. Any word on when he can potentially return?

Decker/Thomas both having foot injuries that were re-injured makes me wonder if they were indeed 100%, or just healthy enough to practice. I heard Thomas was starting to turn it up in practice also, but you may as well just sit these guys out until you know they are good to go. Re-injurring these injuries is only going to slow their development.

I am also bummed about John Phillips. He was clearly better then Martellus Bennett at this point and had gotten so much better. It's a position that you won't hardly notice any impact because Martellus can block just as well, and has better downfield talent but he's still more potential then production right now. Just sucks for a player that was clearly working hard and getting better, he was looking like one of our most improved players.

These things happen though so it's better to just expect them and not be surprised.
                4 preseason games are too many nevermind 5. To me that turf didnt look too swift.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                  I didnt have any problem with the Thomas pick but Decker was an injury waiting to happen. To me he went way too early considering the foot injury, sorry to say.
                  I think that in dealing with injuries like that, it's best to "redshirt" the player. Sit him for his rookie year and let him get back to 100%. Much easier said than done, but the guy is worthless to you if you try and force him back too soon and he just keeps reinjuring himself.

Comment

• OT/G Nick Kaczur and DE Ty Warren are out with undisclosed but rumored to be serious injuries for the Patriots.
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                      4 preseason games are too many nevermind 5. To me that turf didnt look too swift.

Roger Goodell is pleased with your observation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        Roger Goodell is pleased with your observation.
                        The issue isn't that there's too many preseason games. It's whether turning those preseason games into regular season is the proper solution.
                        Last edited by yourfavestoner; 08-10-2010, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          I think that in dealing with injuries like that, it's best to "redshirt" the player. Sit him for his rookie year and let him get back to 100%. Much easier said than done, but the guy is worthless to you if you try and force him back too soon and he just keeps reinjuring himself.
                          I agree but he hadnt played since late last fall you would think that would have been enough time. My point in questioning the pick was of course injury related as he is a real good receiver when healthy. Personally i think Denver would have been better uniting old roomates (Tebow and Riley Cooper) but that may be too much Gator love on one team. Can you picture Cooper with the new Tebow hairdoo, i cant.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            The issue isn't that there's too many preseason games. It's that turning those preseason games into regular season is the proper solution.
                            Goodell had a line the other day I saw where he said "well, we have the shortest season in professional sports, and there are already 20 games, it just happens that we're looking into to keeping the same amount of games, but making more of them count" or some **** like that.

Clearly, Roger, those preseason games are just like the regular season ones! You just can't choke the same amount of money out of them.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...#ixzz0w9HeJv00
                              Starting center Eric Heitmann broke his left fibula during this morning's practice, according to a source with knowledge of the injury. The fibula is the smaller and more slender of the two bones in the lower leg. The 49ers are checking to see if there is any ankle damage associated with the injury. If there isn't, Heitmann is expected to be out from six to eight weeks. Heitmann suffered the injury while pulling into the right flat on a running play.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                Goodell had a line the other day I saw where he said "well, we have the shortest season in professional sports, and there are already 20 games, it just happens that we're looking into to keeping the same amount of games, but making more of them count" or some **** like that.

Clearly, Roger, those preseason games are just like the regular season ones! You just can't choke the same amount of money out of them.
                                I heard an interview with Charlie Casserly and he was saying that Goodell is basically just using the threat of an 18 game season as leverage. All these things we keep hearing about such as rookie wage scale, and 18 game seasons are just bargaining chips that are being used to get the other side to agree on other issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information