Training Camp Injury Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    Eh, I had a friend in college who dealt with frequent migraines and she said smoking made them worse. Great for stomach problems and muscle aches, bad for headaches...
    Mmm..depends on the person and what kind of herb it is. If it's chemmed-out, hydroponic herb I could definitely see it making your head hurt.

I got my medical license for migraine (I don't get them often, but they're awful when they do strike), and it's one of the few things that helps. I also cannot tell how many times it has saved me from guesome hangovers (the kind where it hurts to even open your eyes).

Comment

• I dont see how smoking could help a migraine.
      Ive had two in my life, and both resulted in me not being able to keep my balance, see straight, and puking everywhere. Had to be knocked out by percs both times. I wouldn't even have the strength to use a lighter once a migraine struck.
      Maybe a headache could be nullified by pot, but a migraine is a different animal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
        Football is on the top of the sporting world, and nothing is even close to challenging them.

But yeah apparently America is the world.

Comment

I dont see how smoking could help a migraine.
          Ive had two in my life, and both resulted in me not being able to keep my balance, see straight, and puking everywhere. Had to be knocked out by percs both times. I wouldn't even have the strength to use a lighter once a migraine struck.
          Maybe a headache could be nullified by pot, but a migraine is a different animal.
          Her migraines were bad like yours. She'd see spots, break out in a sweat, lose balance, become super sensitive to light......awful stuff.

Even regular headaches in my own experience haven't been helped much by pot. For pretty much anything else, it's a godsend cure, but it doesn't work as well for headaches in my experience.

Comment

• methamphetamine's are much more effective for headaches..........so some guy once told me.

Comment

Her migraines were bad like yours. She'd see spots, break out in a sweat, lose balance, become super sensitive to light......awful stuff.

Even regular headaches in my own experience haven't been helped much by pot. For pretty much anything else, it's a godsend cure, but it doesn't work as well for headaches in my experience.
              I can sympathize. Your vision is definitely the first thing that changes. I remember it being spotty, blurry, and really out of focus for a while before it hit. Then a slight headache, then nauseousness, then the head really starts pounding. By this time you can't really keep your balance, and the vomiting comes. It sucks. I've only had two in my life, so if Percy suffers through these a lot I sympathize with him. There's no way I could function at all, let alone do something athletically with a migraine coming on.
              It's completely different than a bad headache which lots of people confuse it with.
              Anyway, enough migraine talk.

The Packers have been relatively healthy this year, but CMIII is out a couple weeks. Better not be serious. He may be our most important player this year minus ARod.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post

But yeah apparently America is the world.
                I meant as in the North American sports scene, but apparently the NFL dwarfs even the number 2 league (English Premier League) in profit as well.
                http://ca.askmen.com/sports/business..._business.html

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-indefinitely/

A 4th round receiver is pushing for your #2 receiver spot.....and then he gets hurt, possibly out for the year.

The Bills are either going to be hilariously bad, or shock the world by going 4-12.

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-indefinitely/

A 4th round receiver is pushing for your #2 receiver spot.....and then he gets hurt, possibly out for the year.

The Bills are either going to be hilariously bad, or shock the world by going 4-12.
                    Their talent base is absolutely awful, but I like the Chan Gailey hire.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      Their talent base is absolutely awful, but I like the Chan Gailey hire.
                      I don't know. I thought Chan Gailey was a pretty awful hire. I guess we'll see.

Comment

• This is coming from a guy who's team hired Mike Martz after being turned down by absolutely everyone else with a pulse, but I thought the Gailey hire was one where they simply got shot down by everyone higher on their list. They pushed hard for Cowher iirc, and when they couldn't get him, they eventually settled on one of his disciples who had failed out of the pros and the college game already....

Comment

I meant as in the North American sports scene, but apparently the NFL dwarfs even the number 2 league (English Premier League) in profit as well.
                          http://ca.askmen.com/sports/business..._business.html

Which can be explained by the league having only 20 teams as opposed to 32, a significantly smaller base for ticket sales (62 million people in Great Britain as opposed to 310 million in the States), and much, much bigger competition from other leagues.

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-indefinitely/

I don't understand why Easley's injury would prompt you to make a post like this. He was well behind Johnson and Hardy for the role, even though he does have the skill set that allows for him to possibly fill that spot in the future or present, if he were to play well enough.

The injury is unfortunate. I'm not going to say that receiver isn't a problem position for us, because it obviously is. Hopefully Naaman can get more reps and make an impression, now.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                              I don't understand why Easley's injury would prompt you to make a post like this. He was well behind Johnson and Hardy for the role, even though he does have the skill set that allows for him to possibly fill that spot in the future or present, if he were to play well enough.

The injury is unfortunate. I'm not going to say that receiver isn't a problem position for us, because it obviously is. Hopefully Naaman can get more reps and make an impression, now.
                              That last part I believe regardless, just seemed like a good time to throw it out since I was already posting about them losing a young player.

And according to the article, he was apparently ahead of Hardy. I've read in other places as well that Hardy isn't doing much to grasp the #2 job.

Comment

• and we've just crossed the line from discussing a possibly legal medical issue to just outright breaking the rules. let's go ahead and stop this discussion now.
                                Last edited by njx9; 08-10-2010, 08:17 PM.

RIP ST

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information