No announcement yet.

Training Camp Injury Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like D'Qwell Jackson suffered a serious injury today at practice. Sounds like it could be a torn pectoral, not good. If true his playing days in Cleveland are likely over. Fortunately the Browns have lots of depth at ILB between Chris Gocong, Eric Barton, David Bowens, Kaluka Maiava, Jason Trusnik, and David Veikune.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
      Sounds like D'Qwell Jackson suffered a serious injury today at practice. Sounds like it could be a torn pectoral, not good. If true his playing days in Cleveland are likely over. Fortunately the Browns have lots of depth at ILB between Chris Gocong, Eric Barton, David Bowens, Kaluka Maiava, Jason Trusnik, and David Veikune.
      That is some decent depth there, but damn, there have been (it seems) more torn pecs the past few years than I can ever remember before.
      We lost Cullen Jenkins in 08 to one where he just whiffed trying to sack Brian Griese of all people. He missed, and lost. Of course Elvis Dumervil the same thing last week.

Comment

• thankfully he didn't tear his pectoral apparently. Still up in the air how seriously he hurt his shoulder.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
          I thought the Gailey hire was one where they simply got shot down by everyone higher on their list. They pushed hard for Cowher and when they couldn't get him, they eventually settled on one of his disciples who had failed out of the pros and the college game already.
          He lead Dallas to back to back playoff seasons just wild card and they were one and done both times but I still think failed is to strong a word.

That said I agree with everything else you said. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
            That last part I believe regardless, just seemed like a good time to throw it out since I was already posting about them losing a young player.

And according to the article, he was apparently ahead of Hardy. I've read in other places as well that Hardy isn't doing much to grasp the #2 job.
            The article says nothing about him being ahead of Hardy. Not that Hardy was way ahead of him. I take back that part, Johnson is the only one kind of separated from the pack, really. But all it says is that Hardy and Jackson are the 2nd team-receivers, which they are. The first team is Evans, Johnson, and Parrish. Easley was muddled in the next group.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
              He lead Dallas to back to back playoff seasons just wild card and they were one and done both times but I still think failed is to strong a word.

That said I agree with everything else you said. :)
              Chan Gailey was just a placeholder in Dallas, Jerry wanted Parcells earlier than he got him, but Parcells as usual held out for the max megabucks, like $5M a yr, 2nd highest paid HC in the NFL at the time I think.

One of the biggest migraine triggers is bright lights, especially flashing or strobe lights. Since Percy plays in a dome half his regular season games I wonder if they should get some vision aids for him, like maybe a tinted plexiglass facemask.
              Last edited by LizardState; 08-11-2010, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                Chan Gailey was just a placeholder in Dallas, Jerry wanted Parcells earlier than he got him.
                Doesn't change the fact that guy took Dallas to the playoffs twice, I'm in no way saying Gailey is a great coach far from it but to say he failed as a HC is a little much.

Comment

• two unexcused absences for Kentwan Balmer, he's likely outta here.

I cant believe we took that **** over Kenny Phillips...

GODDAMN YOU MIKE NOLAN!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• D'Qwell Jackson out 4-8 weeks with a pectoral injury (the other pectoral, not the one he tore that cost him 10 games last season).

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...cker_dq_3.html

Comment

• Saints backup RB Lynell Hamilton most likely has a torn ACL and is done for the year....I just picked him up on waivers in our 20 team fantasy league too for depth in case one of my other backups, Buckhalter, is hurt more seriously than believed. Lame.

Comment

• This is why I don't have my draft till after preseason.
                        Last edited by Splat; 08-11-2010, 05:41 PM.

Comment

This is way I don't have my draft till after preseason.
                          Yeah well.... Wouldn't have been a real All-Star draft if it wasn't challenging.

Comment

• Nothing serious here, but for my fellow Packer fans:

Aug. 10, 2010
                            Green Bay - The Packers saw LT Chad Clifton and OLB Cyril Obiozor leave the evening practice early.

Coach Mike McCarthy said Clifton became ill following the afternoon meetings. Allen Barbre took the first-team reps as Bryan Bulaga continued to stay at left guard.

Obiozor strained his left calf and will be reevaluated with the other injured players by Dr. Pat McKenzie on Wednesday.

Packers were already missing Clay Matthews and Frank Zombo at OLB.

"Tight ends and outside linebackers, the way we practice and the way they're used schematically and also the importance of those two positions on special teams, it's a challenge, it's a challenge every year," McCarthy said

Comment

• Bryan Bulaga is playing OG? I thought he would man the RT spot.

Comment

Bryan Bulaga is playing OG? I thought he would man the RT spot.
                                Clifton and Tauscher are the starting tackles for sure if they're healthy.
                                Bulaga was expected to be the swing tackle/waiting for one of them to get hurt. But we wanted to get him on the field more, so were throwing him into the conversation at LG for the time being.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information