Training Camp Injury Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
    True, but they added Gresham, TO, Antonio Bryant... They're definitely looking to be one of the better offenses in the league.
    Did you just completely ignore Rosebud's post? He acknowledged the fact that they have a **** load of talented skill position players. But what good is that WR corps if no one can get them the ball? Carson Palmer has looked like dog **** the past few seasons, and honestly i don't see that changing either.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
      Did you just completely ignore Rosebud's post? He acknowledged the fact that they have a **** load of talented skill position players. But what good is that WR corps if no one can get them the ball? Carson Palmer has looked like dog **** the past few seasons, and honestly i don't see that changing either.
      I should have bolded the end of the post which I was referring to when I said (about Palmer) "True, but they added x y and z. They're looking to be one of the better offenses"

Palmer has been injured on and off the past few years and if the talent around him this year can't get him to put up huge numbers nothing will.

Comment

Im becoming less and less excited by Baltimore's prospects. This is such a pass first league now that secondary depth is becoming increasingly important. They have none.
        I want to like the Bengals, but Im just not a believer in Carson Palmer anymore. If he can play better than he did in 09 though, watch out. That defense is really good. Underrated line, sick LB'ers, and the best duo of corners in the NFL. Plus that running game combined with Gresham and TO has great potential. All boils down to Palmer as I said.

Comment

I'm liking the Bengals as a big sleeper for a deep playoff run in 2010. Quietly, all the pieces have come together for them this offseason.

Palmer is healthy as far as I know, and Gresham, the rookie TE, is the GUY who's going to open up their passing game.

People may not like to think so, but on paper this looks like one of the most complete Bengals team since their SB runs in the 1980s.

Comment

Report: Dez Bryant "likely" has high ankle sprain

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
              Last few years haven't been Carson's fault.
              We did dick in terms of getting him any talent. Last year he was money going down the field in the last 2 minutes. In our run oriented offense, his numbers werent gonna be great combined with our starting TE's being Dan Coats and JP Foschi. Oh yeah, our only vertical threat died, so we were left with Chad at WR.
              This will be Carson's first year with an intact OLine too.
              Ever since 06 we have had some rotating doors at every spot but RG.
              05-07 he was putting up great numbers. In 2008 he got hurt only played 4 games. Last year in 100 less attempts than he had in between 05-07, he still had decent numbers in such a run heavy offense.
              He is not completely free of blame but to say he has played like **** is wrong. He has been on some God awful teams.

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

High ankle sprain for a WR, especially a rookie, can keep a guy out for awhile.
                But Bryant hasn't missed any time so he's gonna be fine even if he misses a week or two. Might delay his progress a bit, but they already have an extra pre-season game for him to work out the kinks.

As for some veterans with secure job status, remember there's always a few of them who tend to volunteer for some nagging injuries in these dog days of July, early August. It's not like them missing some 100-degree practices will cost them any paychecks.

I just hope there are no more ACLs to add to this list, even Viking players.
                Domonique Foxworth.... poor guy.
                I know they've made serious strides in treating these damn injuries over the past 10-15 years, but I wish they could somehow magically cut them down to a 2 months out. Speed up the rehab process.

Comment

ACL tears are the worst. You always feel bad whenever you hear about it. No matter how much better they get at fixing them, it still is just so damn long.

bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

Comment

Dez will be out 4-6 weeks.

Sucks, but he'll be ready in time for week 1 most likely. Won't be starting, as he would of needed a full Training Camp to pull that off, but I'd rather be cautious and get him 100% before rushing him back. I was hoping to get him some valuable reps in pre-season more then anything.

Oh well, no need in acting like injuries weren't going to happen, I expect alot more ,and 4-6 weeks is better then months, or out of the season, for anyone.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=5424332
                      From Calvin Watkins.

SAN ANTONIO -- Dallas Cowboys rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant suffered a right high ankle sprain near the end of Friday's practice, and the team said he will be out 4-6 weeks.

That means Bryant could miss the entire preseason.

The Cowboys' top three picks are injured. Second-round linebacker Sean Lee has been sidelined since Tuesday with a strained quadriceps. Fourth-round safety Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, who had shoulder surgery in March, has not been cleared to practice yet.

You don't like them to miss," Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said. "We do have an extra week [of training camp], which [Bryant] has taken advantage of, being here and learning all those things. He's actually done real well as far as assignments are concerned."

Comment

Jerry Jones suggests Dez Bryant was overworked

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          Dez will be out 4-6 weeks.

Sucks, but he'll be ready in time for week 1 most likely. Won't be starting, as he would of needed a full Training Camp to pull that off, but I'd rather be cautious and get him 100% before rushing him back. I was hoping to get him some valuable reps in pre-season more then anything.

Oh well, no need in acting like injuries weren't going to happen, I expect alot more ,and 4-6 weeks is better then months, or out of the season, for anyone.
                          Lets hope he's ready...cant assume anything with high ankle sprains. Remember Sam Hurd's nightmare of a high ankle sprain? That **** lingered and ended up ending his season, leading to surgery.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                            http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=5424332
                            From Calvin Watkins.

SAN ANTONIO -- Dallas Cowboys rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant suffered a right high ankle sprain near the end of Friday's practice, and the team said he will be out 4-6 weeks.

That means Bryant could miss the entire preseason.

The Cowboys' top three picks are injured. Second-round linebacker Sean Lee has been sidelined since Tuesday with a strained quadriceps. Fourth-round safety Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, who had shoulder surgery in March, has not been cleared to practice yet.

You don't like them to miss," Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said. "We do have an extra week [of training camp], which [Bryant] has taken advantage of, being here and learning all those things. He's actually done real well as far as assignments are concerned."
                            The ridiculous part is this **** happened last year as well. Half of our sophomores are essentially rookies this year, due to injuries. bleh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              The ridiculous part is this **** happened last year as well. Half of our sophomores are essentially rookies this year, due to injuries. bleh.
                              then quit drafting pu$sies

Comment

Originally posted by bam bam View Post
                                then quit drafting pu$sies
                                bingo thats the problem
                                RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information