Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training Camp Injury Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by vidae View Post
    The Chiefs aren't winning the AFC West and are likely not making the playoffs this year anyway, so I'll take 7-9, which is a 5 game improvement, if it means we get to keep our 2nd round pick.

    Anyone who thinks the Chiefs are winning 9+ games is out of their mind.

    Watching the douchey 49er fans whine about not getting a 2nd would be very hard to pass up too.
    this is what people thought about the colts last year.

    chiefs might as well be a different team than last year
    E]

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Vikings4ever View Post
      I had to get an appendectomy a few years ago too.
      Before I got to ER, it was the worst pain I've ever felt.

      He'll be back in a month or so no problem.

      Originally posted by vidae View Post
      The Chiefs aren't winning the AFC West and are likely not making the playoffs this year anyway, so I'll take 7-9, which is a 5 game improvement, if it means we get to keep our 2nd round pick.

      Anyone who thinks the Chiefs are winning 9+ games is out of their mind.

      Watching the douchey 49er fans whine about not getting a 2nd would be very hard to pass up too.
      I definitely respect that.

      Comment


      • A few years ago many fans said "you can't pass up Suh even for a franchise QB!". Suh has been very good, but he isn't a franchise changer in the NFL. The same will likely be true of Clowney. It's great to have an elite defensive player, but they don't have the effect of a franchise QB. Also, a QB is more likely to play at a high level for a decade or more than a defensive player.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post

          I definitely respect that.
          Pot ... kettle ... blah blah blah.
          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Borat View Post
            Pot ... kettle ... blah blah blah.
            Damn I was literally about to post the same thing LOL.

            "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
            Originally posted by Borat
            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ness View Post
              Damn I was literally about to post the same thing LOL.
              Well, you know, that would be the douchey thing to do.
              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Borat View Post
                Well, you know, that would be the douchey thing to do.
                I definitely respect that.

                "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                Originally posted by Borat
                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Vikings4ever View Post
                  Michael Roos had to have one in the middle of last season, it's the only game he's missed in his career. He was back the next week though, they'll take precaution with Felton because of it being preseason, but it's nothing serious.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                    I had to get an appendectomy a few years ago too.
                    Before I got to ER, it was the worst pain I've ever felt.
                    Kidney stones here, mostly because It kept causing me to throw up so I couldn't keep even water down so I was extremely dehydrated which then led to extreme back spasms. I probably should have went to the hospital and gotten an IV but didn't.

                    Comment


                    • http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-tear-an-acl/

                      The Philadelphia Eagles’ bad run of serious knee injuries continues.

                      Phillip Hunt, a third-year backup who is transitioning from 4-3 defensive end to 3-4 outside linebacker, has suffered a torn ACL. Hunt had successful ACL surgery today, Adam Caplan of SiriusXM Radio reports.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                        A few years ago many fans said "you can't pass up Suh even for a franchise QB!". Suh has been very good, but he isn't a franchise changer in the NFL. The same will likely be true of Clowney. It's great to have an elite defensive player, but they don't have the effect of a franchise QB. Also, a QB is more likely to play at a high level for a decade or more than a defensive player.
                        Clowney could be a 15 sack per year guy, not sure anyone predicted that for Suh.

                        I'm all for the franchise QB but you have to take into consideration how the players in question grade out.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                          Clowney could be a 15 sack per year guy, not sure anyone predicted that for Suh.

                          I'm all for the franchise QB but you have to take into consideration how the players in question grade out.
                          Is Clowney really anymore impressive than either Julius Peppers or Mario Williams coming out? And honestly I cannot see Clowney being a more dominant player than Watt was last year.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SolidGold View Post
                            Is Clowney really anymore impressive than either Julius Peppers or Mario Williams coming out? And honestly I cannot see Clowney being a more dominant player than Watt was last year.
                            I'm old enough to remember the impact a Lawrence Taylor could have so i guess i'm partial to that type of player. Not totally against wanting a QB but he'd have to be better than Teddy Bridgewater for me.

                            Comment


                            • The QB would have to be a real sure thing for me to want to pass on Clowney. I'm not sure Bridgewater is that good of a prospect yet.

                              I expect Clowney to be a Watt level impact player. Not matching Watt last year all the time, but Clowney should be a huge factor.

                              There are a lot of 1 round QBs who don't pan out. In 2011, Locker, Gabbert, & Ponder all were surrounding Watt and I'm sure all of those teams would rather have Watt if they could.


                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

                              Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

                              Comment


                              • Per Twitter Mingo in the hospital with a bruised lung

                                bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information