No announcement yet.

Training Camp Injury Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barkevious Mingo suffers bruised lung, Dion Lewis sustains broken fibula in Browns' win ..... Roddy White left with an ankle.

Comment

• Originally posted by niel89 View Post
      The QB would have to be a real sure thing for me to want to pass on Clowney. I'm not sure Bridgewater is that good of a prospect yet.

I expect Clowney to be a Watt level impact player. Not matching Watt last year all the time, but Clowney should be a huge factor.

There are a lot of 1 round QBs who don't pan out. In 2011, Locker, Gabbert, & Ponder all were surrounding Watt and I'm sure all of those teams would rather have Watt if they could.
      There's no such thing as a sure thing in the NFL Draft. There are a lot of D-lineman who don't pan out. Teams that wait for a sure fire QB to fall in their lap usually end up waiting a long, long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
        There's no such thing as a sure thing in the NFL Draft. There are a lot of D-lineman who don't pan out. Teams that wait for a sure fire QB to fall in their lap usually end up waiting a long, long time.
        Agree.
        If you don't have a QB, I just don't see how you can pass on one for a DE.
        Even if it is Clowney, he is still just a DE.
        In a draft like this? Sure. But in this upcoming draft, if you have no QB and Bridgewater continues his rise, how do you pass on him for a DE?

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

But taking a quarterback just to take a quarterback isn't a much better option.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
            I've never heard of a team taking a QB just to take a QB.

Comment

I've never heard of a team taking a QB just to take a QB.
              Then you haven't been paying attention. Weeden's probably the most recent example. You see people on this very forum propagating the strategy. A team decides it needs a quarterback, and come draft day ends up reaching to acquire one, just because they're a quarterback. Which often doesn't end well. There's a reason why quarterbacks move up because of "positional value".
              Last edited by Cigaro; 08-16-2013, 12:14 AM.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

Then you haven't been paying attention. Weeden's probably the most recent example. You see people in this very thread propagating the strategy. A team decides it needs a quarterback, and come draft day ends up reaching to acquire one, just because they're a quarterback. Which often doesn't end well. There's a reason why quarterbacks move up because of "positional value".
                The Browns took a QB because they needed a QB. That whole "positional value" thing is kind of backed up by the realities of the NFL. What do you think is the main reason Clowney will be a highly valued prospect? Could it be his ability to rush the QB?

Comment

Cam Newton was a "reach" for the Panthers. I'm sure you're not dissappointed that they didn't pick AJ Green or Von Miller, who are both Top 3 in the NFL at their respective position.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperPacker View Post
                    Cam Newton was a "reach" for the Panthers. I'm sure you're not dissappointed that they didn't pick AJ Green or Von Miller, who are both Top 3 in the NFL at their respective position.
                    It's never black & white, that easy.
                    The Raiders could have had Calvin or Adrian, but went with the QB JaMarcus.
                    Many of us did question it at the time, but others were raving about Russell's "physical wows" at that particular time.

Comment

• Smart decision Andy.

Jamaal Charles (foot) will not play in Friday night's exhibition game versus San Francisco, and is not expected to play another preseason snap.
                      Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reports Charles would play Friday night if it were a regular season game. The Chiefs are taking all necessary precautions. Charles remains day to day with a foot "strain." Third-round draft pick Knile Davis will start against the 49ers, with Shaun Draughn rotating in.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
                      "I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac
                        49ers:

My point is clear. It's not "luck."

Spin it how you'd like. The "excuse" for "luck" is already out the window, with the team already losing 4 times more games to injury than last year.

Play it on the field, not in the trainer's room.
                        You are the spinner. It is luck when a guy's ACL tears with no contact. It is luck when an Achilles tears with no contact. Ask Crabtree, Dan Marino, Danny Manning, Dominique Wilkins, Vinny Testacleverde, etc.

It is bad luck when a player from the other side flies into the RT who is blocking his guy, and hits him in the wrong spot at the wrong time, breaking his leg in 2 places.

This note I just read, which also touches on last year's Niner health:
                        http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...o-lines-crisis

Stability and durability on the offensive lines might be determining factors in 2013. The Philadelphia Eagles crumbled last year in part because their offensive line broke down. Left tackle Jason Peters didn't play a game, and only one starter, guard Evan Mathis, made it through 16 games.

Things were even worse in Tennessee. Coach Mike Munchak, a Hall of Fame blocker, started a league-high 11 different blockers in 16 games, digging into their depth for six backups. Jacksonville and Buffalo started 10.

Look at the numbers. San Francisco, Minnesota and the New York Jets were the only teams who had five offensive line starters survive 16 starts.

The 49ers and Vikings made the playoffs and are considered to have two of the best offensive lines in the league.

The average team, though, used 7.53 different starters last season.

Again, that's good fortune, good luck. It's not due to being deeper. WTF is that excuse?

It's not due to better trainers.
                        Ask Crabtree. Doesn't he have the same trainer as he did last year?

Comment

• Let's update this title from Training Camp Injuries to SEASON INJURIES

Week One:

Comment

• Maurkice Pouncey, Steelers, could be done for a long time.

Broderick Bunkley, Saints, looks like perhaps he popped an Achilles or something down there back lower leg. That's my guess at what it is from just seeing reaction.

Comment

• Pouncey just continuing to show his support for Aaron Hernandez by playing in the same amount of games.
                              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Amazing that Pouncey was hurt because David DeCastro cut blocked him at the knee.

I've seen O-Linemen roll up on their teammates legs before but I've never seen one dive directly into their knee like he was a defender.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information