Training Camp Injury Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
    IF there is a God, he absolutely sucks at designing things.
    Dude, that's not true.
    If you don't do anything crazy, you're 99% most likely not going to tear an ACL.
    Look at some of the tackles, hits the knee takes. The tackling, bending a guy over backwards, etc.
    We can't have legs like flamingo's.

I think the design is pretty rock-solid. You can walk upright right?
    You can't design a leg to absorb some of the things that football creates.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
      I think the design is pretty rock-solid. You can walk upright right?
      I can't speak for others, but when I hurt mine, no one was anywhere near me...I was throwing a flick leaning way out to my right and my left knee just popped and gave...

Knees kinda suck with all the things they're asked to do nowadays.

Comment

I can't speak for others, but when I hurt mine, no one was anywhere near me...I was throwing a flick leaning way out to my right and my left knee just popped and gave...
        And I... faked going right, went to come back left and my knee just kept going right whilst the rest went left, just buckled and collapsed on me. Wasn't anywhere near as painful as the next few days though with it swollen as all hell trying to walk around.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
          The dude is supposed to be all knowing - if I was that all knowing then I could sure design a knee that wouldnt have 4 ligaments with a high tendency to tear or rupture when loaded. I would also make the meniscus outta something that didnt tear or wear away so easily (so that I didnt have arthritis).

and for every pic of a decent looking girl that y'all can come up with, I can produce pics of a hundred girls that he completely messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
            did yours get fixed? my right knee cap is still 'free-floating' though i've spent a lot of time building up the stabilizer muscles to keep it where it's supposed to be.
            My cap popped back into place, and is pretty much back to normal now. I do have a bone chip in there that it took with it when it popped out. Was told by the one doctor that if it bothered me, I'd have to have it removed but it doesn't now. It's pretty stable, it just gets sore if I really exert it. It still doesn't like going down stairs, it gets a little wobbly then. I'm hoping that with some more time, that'll go away too.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...hargers-butler

San Diego Chargers rookie linebacker Donald Butler will miss the entire season after sustaining an Achilles’ tendon injury.

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                Also... the ACL itself isn't the "painful" part, walking off after a knee injury is very rarely a good sign, I came back and trained 3 times on mine before hurting it again and getting it checked properly. The ACL doesn't hurt at all basically, its the ligaments on the side(MCL, PCL and LCL) that hurt like hell if you tear them but are also the minor ones that take far less time to heal.
                I can only imagine it depends on severity. I tore my ACL and meniscus cartilage a few years ago and after about 3 seconds, it hurt so bad that I crawled 7 yards with only my finger tips. The pain subsided but I was unable to put ANY weight on it whatsoever for several days.

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                  I can only imagine it depends on severity. I tore my ACL and meniscus cartilage a few years ago and after about 3 seconds, it hurt so bad that I crawled 7 yards with only my finger tips. The pain subsided but I was unable to put ANY weight on it whatsoever for several days.
                  I've heard both sides. I've heard that if your ACL goes, you'll feel like you got shot in the knee and I've heard that some people think it's just a sprain and go a long time before finding out it's torn.

I didn't think mine was an ACL right after it happened since it didn't hurt too too badly. I've seen pro football players writhing on the ground in agony when theirs goes, so mine must not be torn. (Turned out to be right) It just depends a lot on the person and how it's torn I guess.

Comment

That goes for most injuries. I broke both of my collarbones, both times while playing hockey. First time I finished my game and waited 3 days before finally going to the hospital because the shoulder was bothering me. Second time I hard a hard time even standing up.

Comment

• Oh ****, Doom has just left practice holding his arm closely to his chest, and the word is that McDaniels did not react well when the trainer came out onto the field to update him.

Holding my breath..........

Comment

• Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
                        Oh ****, Doom has just left practice holding his arm closely to his chest, and the word is that McDaniels did not react well when the trainer came out onto the field to update him.

Holding my breath..........
                        via TWITTER at 6:44 am EST today:

SI_RossTucker This news that Elvis Dumervil might be out for the season with a torn pec is crazy on many levels. Broncos gave him over $43M guaranteed!
                        about 1 hour ago via web

Comment

• ProFootballTalk Rumors swirl that Louis Delmas needs surgery to repair groin injury http://is.gd/e4054

about 2 hours ago via API

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                            ProFootballTalk Rumors swirl that Louis Delmas needs surgery to repair groin injury http://is.gd/e4054

about 2 hours ago via API
                            Great.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...-+MLive.com%29

However, a source close to the situation has called those rumors "inaccurate.'' Lions head coach Jim Schwartz is expected to address the situation following today's morning workout.
                            He tweeted
                            http://twitter.com/LouisD_26/status/20344955743
                            my injury is temporary but the lions roar is forever!
                            Last edited by Scotty D; 08-05-2010, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                              via TWITTER at 6:44 am EST today:

SI_RossTucker This news that Elvis Dumervil might be out for the season with a torn pec is crazy on many levels. Broncos gave him over $43M guaranteed!
                              about 1 hour ago via web
                              Man, I really don't want that to be true.

Comment

• ESPN has said 4 months for Dumervil

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                                2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information