No announcement yet.

Training Camp Injury Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn I feel for you Broncos fans. Dumervil is awesome.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
    12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
      via TWITTER at 6:44 am EST today:

SI_RossTucker This news that Elvis Dumervil might be out for the season with a torn pec is crazy on many levels. Broncos gave him over $43M guaranteed!
      about 1 hour ago via web
      Unfortunately, Ross was correct, and Broncos fans are screwed.
      This is why I made this thread. The biggest news ever to come from training camps are always the big damn injuries that hit a few teams.
      Happens every year. Denver is done now. He is their pass rush.

Some teams can handle the loss of one star player, but I think Doom is irreplacable.

And we all know that pass rush is key to good pass defense. More time to throw means bad news for the DBs. See Packers vs Arizona, vs Minnesota last year. And that's with Woodson, Collins all 3 games, and Harris there still for 2 of em. Didn't matter when no pressure on the QB.

Comment

• Hey, while we're talking about injuries in here... check this unrelated one out, and that's why he's a golfer.
        August 4, 2010
        – Robert Allenby will miss the Bridgestone Invitational and the PGA Championship this week after he slipped on his boat while fishing and tore ligaments in his right knee.

Allenby had been gearing up for this week’s World Golf Championship, followed by the final major of the year. He decided to take a weekend fishing trip in the Bahamas, then slipped on a wet spot on his boat and his legs went in different directions.

The Australian figured he hyperextended his knee. Tests revealed a torn ligament, and he had surgery Tuesday. Allenby, who is No. 14 in the world ranking, said doctors told him he should be able to return in time for the FedEx Cup playoffs in three weeks.

Comment

• mortreport Word from @calvinwatkins (espndallas.com) is Marcus Spears had MRI on left knee...saying possible MCL injury.

Comment

• 49ers linebacker Scott McKillop tears ACL http://tinyurl.com/28fayrb #NFL

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
              mortreport Word from @calvinwatkins (espndallas.com) is Marcus Spears had MRI on left knee...saying possible MCL injury.
              The guys over at the Dallas site, were throwing out potentially 4-6 weeks or what not. Stephen Bowen is better anyway.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• I can only imagine it depends on severity. I tore my ACL and meniscus cartilage a few years ago and after about 3 seconds, it hurt so bad that I crawled 7 yards with only my finger tips. The pain subsided but I was unable to put ANY weight on it whatsoever for several days.
                That is almost certainly the meniscus part, I still cant run on mine at the moment due to the meniscus, I first did my knee(ACL, PCL and LCL) and after the PCL and LCL had healed up I went back and trained with no pain at all, then hurt it again and this time took the meniscus with it.

It isn't the ACL that hurts, it's the other ligaments and it is extremely rare that someone manages to do the ACL and not do either an MCL or PCL as well, the really lucky runs manage to damage the meniscus as well. The MCL and LCL are far more load bearing from my knowledge and thus hurt far more.

There have been several athletes that have torn just the ACL and played out the game in differing sports and then they get the scans and the bad news, meanwhile players that tear and MCL or PCL are done as soon as it happens, meniscus is the same.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  The guys over at the Dallas site, were throwing out potentially 4-6 weeks or what not. Stephen Bowen is better anyway.

Exactly, Bowen is alot better.

Btw since were on the subject of ACL, MCL, PCL, what did Phillip Rivers suffer when he played in that playoff game?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• They dont want to screw with the rotation...so apparently Hatcher will probably fill in. Which is pretty disappointing...but he's having a solid camp too. Bowen is over due for a starting gig, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                      2-14, here we come. **** everyone.
                      at least you'll get a shot at Locker [looks at 2010 first round results] ...I mean, at least you can get AJ Green [looks at 2010 first round results, again] ...so I hear your alma mater is moving to that PAC 10, that's cool.

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                      49ers linebacker Scott McKillop tears ACL http://tinyurl.com/28fayrb #NFL
                      good thing we took NaVorro Bowman

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        Exactly, Bowen is alot better.

Btw since were on the subject of ACL, MCL, PCL, what did Phillip Rivers suffer when he played in that playoff game?
                        Torn ACL I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          They dont want to screw with the rotation...so apparently Hatcher will probably fill in. Which is pretty disappointing...but he's having a solid camp too. Bowen is over due for a starting gig, though.
                          well at the current pace, he might get it soon.... olshansky next to pull something?
                          stephen bowen is rock-solid though.

Comment

• about the acl thing you can definatly play on a torn acl. last year i tore my acl in both knees and played the entire season. one on the first drill first day of pads and the second one during the second game of the season. it would sometimes give out and i would fall down with a short pain but was able to get up right away to finish out the play. both times it happened making a cut to chase the ball carrier in the backfield. not sure about the other ligaments but pp can play on a torn acl. and quick ? for anyone whos torn there acl does it still give you problems and feel like it will give out like a year later cause thats the problem with mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                              That is almost certainly the meniscus part, I still cant run on mine at the moment due to the meniscus, I first did my knee(ACL, PCL and LCL) and after the PCL and LCL had healed up I went back and trained with no pain at all, then hurt it again and this time took the meniscus with it.

It isn't the ACL that hurts, it's the other ligaments and it is extremely rare that someone manages to do the ACL and not do either an MCL or PCL as well, the really lucky runs manage to damage the meniscus as well. The MCL and LCL are far more load bearing from my knowledge and thus hurt far more.

There have been several athletes that have torn just the ACL and played out the game in differing sports and then they get the scans and the bad news, meanwhile players that tear and MCL or PCL are done as soon as it happens, meniscus is the same.
                              I tore an ACL on the field in high school and sprained an MCL at the gym earlier this year. I swear the sprained MCL hurt twice as much as the torn ACL.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                                we'll totally draft like, masoli in the first. so that he can punt.

and it's sad. as much better as i think it will be for CU in the p10, they'll likely spend the next two years losing 10+ games, too. thanks hawkins, you ******* prick.
                                Keep hope alive he is fired ASAP. As someone who almost attended CU out of HS (out-of-state was too much), I've always wanted to see them do well. Here's to them fairing well in the PAC 10.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information