No announcement yet.

Darrelle revis is officially holding out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how high they can even sign him with the 30% issues without a CBA, he's better of just waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
      I wonder how high they can even sign him with the 30% issues without a CBA, he's better of just waiting.
      There are ways to get around it. Signing bonuses. NLTBE Bonuses, etc.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

Now that he's missed some camp the $20M guaranteed in the next two years of his contract are now gone.

I hate this part of football. I hope the next CBA isn't so difficult to deal with.

Comment

Get your money kid!

Comment

Darrelle not sure if your entirely better than Aso but he will no doubt be making more than you due to the madness of Al Davis
            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
            Coples is that dude.
            Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

"Show him the money!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBS0OWGUidc

Comment

I personaly think jets are holding back mainly because for them to shell that kind of money out id like to see one more year of that kind of production before you pay him top Defense dollars. Aso had to play 3 - 4 years at that level before he got his payday.

Comment

Don't worry they still have Cromartie

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                    Don't worry they still have Cromartie.
                    ">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350">

Comment

I wish the NFL had guaranteed contracts. Then players wouldn't feel the need to get a new one every two years.

Seriously, how is a contract even a contract if only one side is legally required to abide by it?

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                        I honestly hope that the players get what is coming in the new CBA, Revis, you signed the contract, how about being honourable as a human, I really want to like you as a player but you are making it hard.

GTFO here with this man, this argument is so stupid. So Chris Johnson should just shut up and play too huh since he signed a contract? These guys aren't even making a million dollars, and one serious injury to an ACL and they will never get that type of security again.

If a guy signs a big contract and sucks, he can be cut at anytime the team so chooses so, even though he may of signed a 5 or 6 year deal, yet somehow if a player out plays that deal he needs to be "honorable as a human being"? That **** makes no sense at all.

It goes both ways, if you sign a 7th round pick for 4 years, and he makes the pro bowl his first 2 or 3 years, he needs to just shut up and play that out though huh? Even though midway through his 4th season he could tear an ACL, and when he returns his contract would be 10x smaller then what it would have if he had held out.

This is a business, I would people would stop being so mindless when it comes to these issues. Owners/teams can cut players at anytime they want for under performing, and players can ask for raises or hold out when they have out performed the contract, people need to stop acting like players are less then a human being for asking for what they deserve.

Considering what he's making, and what he's worth, he is absolutely doing the right thing by holding out.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

No one has a gun to these players heads forcing them to sign four, five, or six-year deals. They all want the big money that they don't deserve right out of college, but when they get towards the end of the long deal that they themselves demanded they need a raise? Sorry, I don't feel bad for these players. What was preventing Revis from signing a three-year rookie deal? Don't get me wrong, I think it's ridiculous that NFL teams don't have to honor the contracts they agreed upon, but two wrongs don't make a right.

Comment

My prediction is 5 years, 85 million with 42 million guaranteed.
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

When is the last time you ever heard of a 1st round pick signing a 3 year deal? I'm pretty sure there is something in place preventing this from happening, and what team would be fine with giving that type of deal? Since I've started watching football I can't recall a single 1st round pick getting a 3 year deal, and if there was a guy or 2 I'd sure love to know who it was.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Best player in the game.

Now pay the man.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information