Darrelle revis is officially holding out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
    I have a question though, once an average player retires from the NFL how do they make their money? Do they go into coaching roles or just become a regular 9-5 worker?
    Just like any company, there are pension plans. Whether or not they qualify, I think that is based on numerous factors.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
      Just like any company, there are pension plans.
      I assumed that i just didn't know if they compensated them very well.
      Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

i'm pretty sure there are better ways to help a team with $100 million than spending it all on a cornerback, even if he is the best in the game. i'm rooting for the front office in this one.
        I'm a state.

Comment

the thing is, with Revis, the Jets are a legit contender. without him, they're probably a 9 win team.
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
            No one has a gun to these players heads forcing them to sign four, five, or six-year deals. They all want the big money that they don't deserve right out of college, but when they get towards the end of the long deal that they themselves demanded they need a raise? Sorry, I don't feel bad for these players. What was preventing Revis from signing a three-year rookie deal? Don't get me wrong, I think it's ridiculous that NFL teams don't have to honor the contracts they agreed upon, but two wrongs don't make a right.
            What he said ^^
            Bingo.
            I'd love to see one of these guys like this be time warped back to 1960, and try and pull this once.
            We all agree that Revis is underpaid based on his performance. So what? Does that balance all the top 10 busts who rape teams for their first 3 years?

It works both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
              the thing is, with Revis, the Jets are a legit contender. without him, they're probably a 9 win team.
              Didn
              t they win 9 last year, with him? 9-7 IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                Didn
                t they win 9 last year, with him? 9-7 IIRC.
                this is true, I think they got a bit better this year. But without Revis, what I meant, is that they're not a playoff team. I actually meant to say 8. damn typos. With Revis they can contend, without him, they're cooked.
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

thats what everyone is saying, but i just dont buy it. losing him hurts their defense but it doesnt destroy it, and it certainly doesnt destroy the chances of the team winning games....they play an attacking style of defense and get alot of pressure and really cro, wilson, and lowry are no sloutches at CB. they are in a perfect position to let him sit out and cry imo

if mangold sat out tho they would suffer greatly, i cant even fathom smashing their bank open for faneca 2 years ago so he can be among the leagues worst guards for 8 million a year, paying a slightly above average brick ferguson to a big money deal, being willing to make revis a $100 million cornerback, but snubb an elite player like mangold who is probably the best player on their team (imo)

i just dont get it, i hope they sign revis and he falls on his face and they lose out on mangold and he goes to the patriots or something
                  E]

Comment

without Revis, their starting CB's are Cromartie and Kyle Wilson, with Dwight Lowery. With Jim Leonhard and Brodney Pool at safety. not exactly a kick ass secondary.
                    Don't get me wrong, I'm not diminishing the importance of Mangold here either. Just saying, if they've gotta choose, it's not the easiest of decisions to make here
                    We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Let him hold out. They're still a good team.

Then if he sits out a whole season or two before he's a free agent, there's no way he'd get that lucrative contract being 2 years removed from football.

Comment

He won't sit out any regular season games. And as good as Revis is, he won't be the best corner after this year. CB is SO tough. Every year, a different guy steps up and is seen as the "best" Asomugha, Bailey, Cromartie, Revis, all these guys have been argued as the best after one incredible year.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

without Revis, their starting CB's are Cromartie and Kyle Wilson, with Dwight Lowery. With Jim Leonhard and Brodney Pool at safety. not exactly a kick ass secondary.
                          Don't get me wrong, I'm not diminishing the importance of Mangold here either. Just saying, if they've gotta choose, it's not the easiest of decisions to make here
                          i agree to some extent....but the secondary wasnt really kick ass in baltimore either...lot of old guys, undersized guys, and fragile guys...but the pressure they brought made them servicable.

say what you want about cromartie but hes got excellent ball skills and good hips, i think he could be great (or at least good again) under rex...you dont want to let the pressure get to you and throw a bad ball to cromartie cause he can catch it and take it back, and wilson could probably start relatively soon for most teams and be a solid corner, they got great value with that pick.
                          E]

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                            He won't sit out any regular season games. And as good as Revis is, he won't be the best corner after this year. CB is SO tough. Every year, a different guy steps up and is seen as the "best" Asomugha, Bailey, Cromartie, Revis, all these guys have been argued as the best after one incredible year.
                            truth....so true
                            E]

Comment

this guy (and most nfl players for that matter) are ******* clowns. he won't play because he can't get more than $15.1M a year? boo ******* hoo. get your greedy ass to camp and take $12.0M a year, you'll still be rich as ****.

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                                this guy (and most nfl players for that matter) are ******* clowns. he won't play because he can't get more than $15.1M a year? boo ******* hoo. get your greedy ass to camp and take $12.0M a year, you'll still be rich as ****.
                                Elvis Dumervil.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information