• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
    Jim Leonard
    Eric Smith
    Marques Douglas
    Bryan Thomas
    Dwight Lowry
    Sione Pouha

Hof bound baby.

The Jets defense, a group so chock full of talent it sent a record breaking 2 guys to this most recent pro bowl.
    If you put them all together they play pretty damn good though.
    RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

• Vinny Cerrato just made Al Davis look smart without looking stupid:

Nnamdi Asomugha's contract was a 3 year deal at the franchise tender rate when he signed it. (in other words, franchising him 3 years in a row effectively) But it's a lot less than it would have cost them to franchise him 3 times in a row.

He was talking about it to show the difference between Revis (under contract) and Asomugha (basically a free agent)
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Actually the Raiders won't end up saving money on that contract if they exercise the team option for 2011 (versus what they would have paid for 3 franchise tags), but they kept their best player satisfied, gave him the security he wanted, and bought themselves some time to improve and justify to Nnamdi that he should sign a longer deal.

It's a really unique deal though, and shouldn't be the baseline for Revis' contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
          Actually the Raiders won't end up saving money on that contract if they exercise the team option for 2011 (versus what they would have paid for 3 franchise tags)
          The franchise tag is already over 15 million a year.

What is the 2011 option?
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
            The franchise tag is already over 15 million a year.

What is the 2011 option?
            The Raiders have to pay Asomugha the franchise number for quarterbacks in 2011 or $16.875 million, whichever is greater.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
              The Raiders have to pay Asomugha the franchise number for quarterbacks in 2011 or $16.875 million, whichever is greater.
              The Raiders would have to pay him the QB franchise number or 10% of his previous years salary (which would be a QB franchise number as well) to franchise him a 3rd time, though.
              **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Interesting point in a KC Joyner article, the Jets supposedly had 3 corners in the top 20 in YPA last year, with Revis tops in the league. However, that hasn't happened in the past with guys like Champ and Aso. I'm sure there's something that's skewing the stat, but it's an interesting one nevertheless. A ton hinges on how well Cromartie plays, and I think there's a pretty wide range there.

In a recent interview/presser he said he'd give the team practice off and they'd all meet with Revis and whoever he wants to bring in an attempt to work this out, kind of funny but apparently he was serious. Apparently it's just a bunch of he said she said and people are starting to get frustrated about the whole thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                  Production on the field is the only thing that matters.
                  Originally posted by 21ST View Post
                  If you put them all together they play pretty damn good though.
                  I know, I'm not arguing against that, I'm arguing against this overwhelming talent that is supposedly the key to Rex Ryan's success (as opposed to his schemes).

Comment

• Interesting that this snag happens in the yr. the Jets were supposed to make that SB run. Revis knows they can't get there without him & that's his ace in the hole, the Jets are spinning it like they can keep him where he is with 3 yrs. to go on his current contract.

ESPN opined today that something has to happen, an injury or decline in the play of the other CBs for the 2 parties to reach any compromise b/c it's getting ugly.

Some even think Revis might sit the whole yr. but that seems like an unlikely worst case.

Comment

• I think he shows up just before the first game. No way that dude is skipping out on game checks with an uncertain year looming.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Heard on ESPN radio today that he turned down 10 years / 120 mildo. He demanded 10 years / 160.

No mention of how much the guaranteed money is, but on a 120 mil contract, you'd have to think it would be at least 50 mil.

I wouldn't pay 120m over 10 years for any corner in the league. For that money, I better get a really good QB, DT, or DE.

Comment

• 100 plus million for a CB is laughable no matter how good he is.

Comment

• I'm guessing this gets resolved one way or another around the start of the season. Emmitt Smith held out in 1993 for the first two games into the regular season. No one talks about that though. Jets fans shouldn't sound the alarms just yet. I honestly think they can even win without him. Corners don't carry a franchise.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                            Originally posted by Borat
                            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                              Heard on ESPN radio today that he turned down 10 years / 120 mildo. He demanded 10 years / 160.

No mention of how much the guaranteed money is, but on a 120 mil contract, you'd have to think it would be at least 50 mil.

I wouldn't pay 120m over 10 years for any corner in the league. For that money, I better get a really good QB, DT, or DE.

Quarterback I definitely agree, but name a DT or DE that impacts the game and is better than Darrelle Revis please. There isn't a Reggie White or Warren Sapp in the league today.

Comment

• 120 million for a CB......wow.
                                I hate the current state of football contracts.
                                Jesus. If Revis is 120, Ed Reed should have been a 200 million FS. And Troy P should be around 200 for a SS.

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information