Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elvis Dumervil out indefinitely

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=5439705

Denver Broncos linebacker Elvis Dumervil suffered a torn pectoral muscle during Wednesday's practice that will sideline him indefinitely, according to league sources.

Dumervil is expected to miss about four months, which means he might be able to return late this season.
    I think this is big enough news to get it's own thread, even as a Chiefs fan I hate to see this happen.

That's a big, big loss for Denver. Who's gonna play in his stead?

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Damn shortly after his huge deal
      Originally posted by SunTzu_22
      Just let it go RWO.
      We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Jarvis Moss Ftw!!!!!!!!

edit: still... ****.

Comment

well they gave a one trick pony OLB a huge deal...now they have to live without him and i bet whoever replaces him will have similar production making them realize how ridiculous that deal was.

unless its ayers who replaces him, because ayers sucks
          E]

Comment

I loved him coming out of the draft coming off the edge and he has proved he can do that in the League. he'll be back in december maybe, but I wouldn't risk it. This won't effect his long term explosiveness, and I could see him coming back next year and being a beast again. Big blow for Denver though.
            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Wow, Denver is ******. This is very unfortunate for Dumerville.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Tebow's going to play 3-4 OLB.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
                  well they gave a one trick pony OLB a huge deal...now they have to live without him and i bet whoever replaces him will have similar production making them realize how ridiculous that deal was.

unless its ayers who replaces him, because ayers sucks
                  I saw his name mentioned above, and I agree with that poster. Jarvis Moss could come in there and put up double digit sacks off the edge. I think they are gonna use Ayers as a 3-4 DE if I recall correctly. But Weakside 3-4 OLB's are supposed to be one trick pony's. in the 3-4 they send the weakside backer nearly every play, then have the SS come up and play curl/flat while the Mike on that side has Hook/Curl. That's basic Cover 3 stuff and with as good of D Backfield Denver had, Dumervil still had to explode off the edge.
                  CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                  JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

ever since plummer and the '05 afc championship game... bleh

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                      I saw his name mentioned above, and I agree with that poster. Jarvis Moss could come in there and put up double digit sacks off the edge. I think they are gonna use Ayers as a 3-4 DE if I recall correctly. But Weakside 3-4 OLB's are supposed to be one trick pony's. in the 3-4 they send the weakside backer nearly every play, then have the SS come up and play curl/flat while the Mike on that side has Hook/Curl. That's basic Cover 3 stuff and with as good of D Backfield Denver had, Dumervil still had to explode off the edge.
                      i know how it works, i dont think he deserves ware/harrison money though. they play on the weakside and are elite pass rushers, but are also terrors against the run....thats all im saying, they paid him like the other outstanding well rounded OLBs but he doesnt do much more than rush the passer.

i think jarvis could have a big year in that spot...it would be about time.
                      E]

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
                        i know how it works, i dont think he deserves ware/harrison money though. they play on the weakside and are elite pass rushers, but are also terrors against the run....thats all im saying, they paid him like the other outstanding well rounded OLBs but he doesnt do much more than rush the passer.

i think jarvis could have a big year in that spot...it would be about time.
                        Didn't Jarvis moss want to hang it up last season?
                        Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

i dont know about any of that, but i do remember he was with the first team defense during OTAs and was actually putting his 6-7 body to use out there for the first time...maybe thats a positive sign that he can salvage his thus far terrible career, im sure that first round contract is about to run up
                          E]

Comment

I don't have a problem what so ever with Doom getting the deal he got, it's a real shame he got hurt.

Comment

sorry but pure pass rushing OLBs are a dime a dozen in a 34, doom is a good pass rusher but completely one dimensional...the production may not to the level dumervill produced but i dont think the dropoff is going to be THAT much....they can still run the ball that direction against the broncos with or without doom in there
                              E]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information