Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Johnson highest paid receiver

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-johnson-deal/

The Texans are close enough to a new contract with Andre Johnson that they are ready to go public with it.

A "tentative" press conference has been scheduled for 2:30 ET to announce the end, which may make Johnson the highest paid receiver in football.
    Him and Fitz are neck and neck flip a coin really, I have no problem with this.

I feel like Johnson is easily the best WR in the game. Fitz is great, no question, but I'd take Johnson 10 times outta 10.

He definitely deserves to be the highest paid WR.

Comment

while im surprised they were willing to renegotiate with 5 years left on the deal, in Andre's defense having his uncle represent him screwed him out of some coin. I think the texans owner did the right thing in renegotiating it, hes a top WR and never causes problems for them, hes basically the offense
      E]

Comment

Good for him. If anyone's earned that distinction, it's him.

Comment

Good, hopefully he can ease off some and enjoy his paycheck.

Comment

well, that's cool

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
              I feel like Johnson is easily the best WR in the game. Fitz is great, no question, but I'd take Johnson 10 times outta 10.

He definitely deserves to be the highest paid WR.
              10 times out of 10? I don't see how he's that much better than Fitz. They're both amazing. I'd put them at 1a and 1b.

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I like how someone that has never logged 10 TDs in a season in despite playing 7 years and having the ball force fed to them as much as anyone, can be "easily the best receiver in the league."
                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

He da best.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                    I like how someone that has never logged 10 TDs in a season in despite playing 7 years and having the ball force fed to them as much as anyone, can be "easily the best receiver in the league."
                    David Carr, Tony Banks, Dave Ragone and Sage Rosenfels, come to mind.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Are you just somehow forgetting to factor in the receivers around him and the QB's he has had to play with as well as a couple injuries or do you just look at one stat and decide if a player is worth it or not worth it.

If you put Andre Johnson in place of Randy Moss in 2007 it would be Andre Johnson with receiving records for a single season, same thing with Fitz.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        David Carr, Tony Banks, Dave Ragone and Sage Rosenfels, come to mind.

Yea, that was a good excuse for a while, except the last two years with obscene catch totals, and a QB that is actually pretty good(as far as pumping stats out anyway).

Calvin Johnson cranked out 12 on a way lower catch total with Dan Orsafety as his QB, the excuses work in the beginning of your career, but Johnson is 29 years old and just has never been elite at getting in the endzone, even with quality QB play.
                        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Yea, that was a good excuse for a while, except the last two years with obscene catch totals, and a QB that is actually pretty good(as far as pumping stats out anyway).

Calvin Johnson cranked out 12 on a way lower catch total with Dan Orsafety as his QB, the excuses work in the beginning of your career, but Johnson is 29 years old and just has never been elite at getting in the endzone, even with quality QB play.
                          Touchdowns mean absolutely nothing. Jamal Lewis scored 3 or 4 touchdowns in one game with a 2.0 yard average and like 30 yards rushing.

Jerome Bettis got like 3 tds on 3 yards.

TD's are one of the dumbest ******* stats in the game, I can get my team the most amount of yards and someone else gets the throw when my 2 feet are in the end zone, big deal.

Comment

Get real, yards>TD's,

Comment

What was the excuse this year when his team was first in passing yards and 5th in touchdowns? Hell even Kevin Walter managed 8 TDs on 60 catches last year

Excuse me while I don't feel sorry for him, players have gotten up over 12-15 touchdowns in worse situations.

Td record my ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information