Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Goodell: Fans have made it clear, they don't like preseason

I like the preseason myself.Not big on 18 games
    "The fans have made it incredibly clear that they don't like preseason games," Goodell said. "So the idea of staying within the 20-game format and taking two preseason games and converting them to regular season games has a lot of appeal. But you have to do it in a comprehensive fashion that is going to ensure that the game stays safe for our players, and that we maintain the kind of quality or improve on the quality that we're doing."
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ike-preseason/

We made it clear we don't like Goodell, but he sure isn't firing himself.
    Originally posted by SNIPER26
    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

He's using the fans as an excuse, but all this comes down to is it's a way to get the NFL more money.

Comment

Piss off Goodell. I like the preseason...and some of these later round or undrafted guys need all the time they can get to make an impression.

Dallas has a bunch of these guys playing key roles on the team right now...if preseason was cut years ago, we may not have some of our best players today.

Tony Romo: undrafted
        Miles Austin: undrafted
        Patrick Crayton: 7th round
        Sam Hurd: undrafted
        Kevin Ogletree: undrafted
        Jay Ratliff: 7th round
        Stephen Bowen: undrafted
        Alan Ball: 7th round
        Mat Mcbriar: undrafted

That's only 5 starters...4 of which are pro bowlers. They all earned their way on, cutting preseason down is asinine.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

We also don't like you ******* with the Draft time.

Comment

For real. He pisses me off with all these changes and it's all about the dollar. So I guess, from that standpoint, he's doing a pretty damn good job, but yeah...**** off, Goodell. Stop changing the things I love.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
              We also don't like you ******* with the Draft time.
              ^ THAT comment I totally agree with.

Let's cut the window-dressing here for a moment, FOUR or FIVE preseason games is way too much. And season ticket holders are charged the same for that garbage as they are week 17 games. WTH?

You like college where the first game counts? I do. You can tell who's had good, productive practices in that first week, and it counts in the standings.

But if you want preseason, then 2 practice games is enough.

Comment

Which "fans" is he talking about? The casual fan who can't tell the difference between the two Adrian Petersons or the fans (like most folks here at DCD) who are passionate and knowledgeable about the game??

Comment

****... I must've missed the vote.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by MizzouBig12 View Post
                    Which "fans" is he talking about? The casual fan who can't tell the difference between the two Adrian Petersons or the fans (like most folks here at DCD) who are passionate and knowledgeable about the game??

The casual rich guy who buys tickets so he can be seen at a social event, not us guys that download torrents and find ways to pirate Sunday ticket so we can watch as many games as possible.
                    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Am i the only person who actually enjoys the preseason games?

RIP ST

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                        ^ THAT comment I totally agree with.

Let's cut the window-dressing here for a moment, FOUR or FIVE preseason games is way too much. And season ticket holders are charged the same for that garbage as they are week 17 games. WTH?

You like college where the first game counts? I do. You can tell who's had good, productive practices in that first week, and it counts in the standings.

But if you want preseason, then 2 practice games is enough.
                        How is 2 games enough? If you only have 2 games, the starters will have to play more. There are plenty of fantastic players around the league that only got there start from performing well in camp and preseason. As I mentioned before, Dallas has 4 pro bowlers, who earned there way on the team from performing in preseason games.

Granted, if you play 18 games...they'll have to extend rosters. But a lot of these young guys will never see the light of day. You see these guys do well in camp and then you need to see that translate to the field...these preseason games are huge for these guys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin View Post
                          I still watch as many as I can.

Comment

The fans dont like how goodell decided to piss around and do stupid **** like change the NFL logo, and other meaningless things when we need a CBA. He is such a tool I cant stand him.

If you dont like pre-season dont watch. Preseason is good for the coaches evaluating the players battling for back ups and special teams. You never know when you will need them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin View Post
                              Apparently NOT!
                              Apparently I am the only one who doesn't.

What I hate about preason games is I basically watch them holding my breath, just praying that my guys don't tear ACLs for something that doesn't count anyway.

Also, I hate it when a guy does great, as great as he could possibly do, and he still gets f***ed, cut. Last year for example our rookie RB Tyrell Sutton looked like Darren Sproles to me.

But the media and the team seemed to feel it was because he was playing against non-starters, so they cut him.
                              That guy couldn't have done anymore to earn a job than he did.

Also, I remember Tony Romo and Miles Austin getting rave reviews from practices. People gotta remember, for every hour on the field in a practice game, they'd practiced for 10-20 hours with coaches watching.... they can tell a guy can play or not in intrasquad practices and scrimmages.

Again, I'm still bitter that Tyrell Sutton wasn't kept.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information