Roger Goodell: Fans have made it clear, they don't like preseason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    If they really did do this they would have to get rid of IR and make a system more similar to MLB. They would need a 4 game DL, 8 game DL, 12 game DL or something like that.
    IR is a looooong overdue to be eradicated system from days long ago before the salary cap...I agree there.

Comment

They should also work on tackling in TC, if the want to improve the competitiveness of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
        They should also work on tackling in TC, if the want to improve the competitiveness of the game.
        These players should already know how to tackle. Their Pop Warner and HS coaches must be failing there.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
          IR is a looooong overdue to be eradicated system from days long ago before the salary cap...I agree there.
          Yeah the system needs to go anyway as soon as possible. Case in point is Elvis Dumervil right now. He might miss 10 games but they could use him the 2nd half. The Broncos now have to decide whether it's worth it to waste a roster spot on him for all that time.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Meh. The DL makes sense in baseball because the rosters are tiny and a huge portion of those 25 players may see the field in the course of a game. Football teams still have ridiculous amounts of space on that roster. If the Broncos desperately need Dumervil's roster spot then putting him on IR (considering that he'll be back, at best, by mid-December) isn't all that big a deal.

Comment

Yeah the system needs to go anyway as soon as possible. Case in point is Elvis Dumervil right now. He might miss 10 games but they could use him the 2nd half. The Broncos now have to decide whether it's worth it to waste a roster spot on him for all that time.
              And then if they do stick him on IR, he gets healthy and could help the team late in the year if they somehow manage to stay competative, but because of IR...nope.

Comment

Or Denver could just make the decision to role with a 52-man roster.

Hell, they only get to bring 45 guys into each game anyway. So keeping Dumervil off the DL basically trims their inactive player list from 8 to 7. That's not a big deal at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  And then if they do stick him on IR, he gets healthy and could help the team late in the year if they somehow manage to stay competative, but because of IR...nope.
                  Exactly.
                  The softball players in MLB have 15-day DLs, 21-day, 60-day, etc. but the brutal NFL only has an IR or nothing?
                  This killed the Packers last year at CB when they put Pat Lee on IR, not planning on both Al Harris and Brandon Underwood to also go down.

Comment

Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                      Or Denver could just make the decision to role with a 52-man roster.

Hell, they only get to bring 45 guys into each game anyway. So keeping Dumervil off the DL basically trims their inactive player list from 8 to 7. That's not a big deal at all.
                      You've confused me with your last 2 posts. If the Broncos place Dumervil on IR then he is out for the year. He won't be able to return at all until the 2011 season.

On edit: That is a big deal. In the NFL managing injuries is a big part of the season. You rotate guys in and out so depth is very important. Taking one spit away from your roster can have big implications across the whole team.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The 72 Dolphins would be all for this, I would not but then again I don't like change, and a ton of signal season records would get broke but it wouldn't mean as much sense they had more games to do it.

I know they didn't always play 16 games but still it would be weak in my book.

Comment

You've confused me with your last 2 posts. If the Broncos place Dumervil on IR then he is out for the year. He won't be able to return at all until the 2011 season.

On edit: That is a big deal. In the NFL managing injuries is a big part of the season. You rotate guys in and out so depth is very important. Taking one spit away from your roster can have big implications across the whole team.
                          I understand. I'm saying that, first off, that a DL system is vital for baseball rosters to work at all. That simply isn't the case for football. Fielding 24 starters (including punter and kicker) with a 53-man roster is cake compared to what baseball teams deal with.

Furthermore, teams only get to bring 45 guys (plus one emergency guy) into each game anyway. All not placing Dumervil on the IR means for them is that one guy who probably wouldn't make the active roster anyway won't have a spot on the team. That's not nearly as egregious as you people are saying.

Comment

Fans have made it clear, they don't like Roger Goodell.

RIP ST

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                              The casual rich guy who buys tickets so he can be seen at a social event, not us guys that download torrents and find ways to pirate Sunday ticket so we can watch as many games as possible.
                              You can pirate sunday ticket?

i don't like the price of NFL sunday Ticket is Goodell gonna lower it?
                              Last edited by Complex; 08-06-2010, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                                How was the draft worse? I thought it was more interesting because the period between the 1st and 2nd rounds usually doesn't have much interest. Now, teams had an entire night to try to get deals done for players and fans had the entire night to speculate on who would be drafted at the top of round 2 as well as first round snubs.

I don't think it was a great improvement, but I imagine it was a huge money boost for the NFL.

edit: The NFL NEEDS pre-season, whether the fans want it or not.
                                I think I am the only that liked the 15minutes between picks so to me he made it worst.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information