Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Complex View Post
    You can pirate sunday ticket?
    while it's not allowed to be discussed in detail on this site, there are several streaming sites which upload games.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I think I am the only that liked the 15minutes between picks so to me he made it worst.
      I think that was one of the few things you could argue that made it worse. There is just too much dead time for fans. But you could argue that it's like the pre-season, a necessary evil.

You can pirate sunday ticket?

i don't like the price of NFL sunday Ticket is Goodell gonna lower it?
      You can pirate everything.

I don't know how much the NFL controls the price of the Sunday Ticket package, but due to the popularity of the NFL, I only see it going up.

You can watch game replays the next day for 50 per year (7 times cheaper). Just avoid a TV on Sunday and Monday.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
        Okay, heres an idea.
        What we know:

-Most people hate how long the preseason is.
        -18 games is too much for the regular season when factoring in fatigure, quality of play, meaningless games with brutal teams and clinched teams, and
        injuries.
        -The NFL wants to find a way to expand revenues.
        -The biggest moneymaker is the TV revenue, not in stadium profits.

So, is this a viable solution?
        Go 3 preseason games, expand the regular season by one week and give every team 2 byes.
        That means we'd need a total of 64 byes given out through 18 weeks.
        You could split that up into 11 weeks, (6 teams 10 weeks, 4 teams 1 week), say weeks 4 through 14, with everyone playing weeks 1,2,3,15,16,17,18.

We add a week of TV revenue.
        We cut the presason down.
        We maintain the 16 game schedule.
        And, BONUS, we give the players an extra bit of rest in the season.
        The fans have spoken they want Mr.Regular as commissioner. But one flaw how do you schedule the last game? I mean 18 games would have a set way to do scheduling like 16 games have one. What would you do with the 17th game? Maybe opposite of draft order like 1st pick plays 32nd pick which would make teams play games later in the season to get an easier game at the end of the next year?
        Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
        oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
          Exactly.
          The softball players in MLB have 15-day DLs, 21-day, 60-day, etc. but the brutal NFL only has an IR or nothing?
          This killed the Packers last year at CB when they put Pat Lee on IR, not planning on both Al Harris and Brandon Underwood to also go down.

The NFL's IR used to be different. Before 1993, if you put a guy on IR after the final roster was set, he only had to sit for 4 games. They changed it because teams were using that to stash players on the roster that weren't legitimately hurt. It was actually the owners that pushed for the change.
          "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

I don't know why people hate Goodell. He has been a huge force for good, progressive change in the NFL. He has made the draft more successful, the pro-bowl more successful, the sport more international, and he has cracked down on the off-the-field offenders. Now he plans to take away two meaningless games. Games that still get charged to the season ticket holders at full price. Games that the players do not get payed as well. It is better for players, fans, the league. The only thing it hurts is any current record holders, because every record in the book would be shattered.

Comment

People hate Goodell because he's disrupted the consistency the NFL enjoyed under Tags (while still growing at a meteoric rate).

I'm pretty ambivelent to Goodell, but let's not try and overestimate his effect as a response to the hate in this thread. He hasn't made the draft more successful, he just recognized a way to re-organize the presentation. Same thing with the Pro Bowl. Most people don't like the international push, although it's quite honestly my favorite move.

What's always bugged me is the case-by-case basis with his off-the-field incident crackdowns. There's almost no consistency and there's a hyper focus on perception rather than actuality. It annoys me.

The truth is that you'd have to be a gargantuan idiot to be a bad enough commisioner of the NFL to actually hurt it in any real way. Goodell isn't an idiot, but he's probably far too much of a businessman for some people.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                The fans have spoken they want Mr.Regular as commissioner. But one flaw how do you schedule the last game? I mean 18 games would have a set way to do scheduling like 16 games have one. What would you do with the 17th game? Maybe opposite of draft order like 1st pick plays 32nd pick which would make teams play games later in the season to get an easier game at the end of the next year?
                I've read a suggestion to that is to have each team play a neutral field game. 8 home, 8 away, 1 neutral field for 17 games.

Maybe that one game is played internationaly.....Canada, Mexico, England at first, then branch out. China maybe? Or if not internationally, then get some use out of bigger college stadiums or something. I think it'd be neat to see the Steelers play the Eagles at Beaver Stadium one year. 100,000 plus ready to tear each other apart?

I'm sure there are plenty of other ways to do it successfully too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                  I don't know why people hate Goodell. He has been a huge force for good, progressive change in the NFL. He has made the draft more successful, the pro-bowl more successful, the sport more international, and he has cracked down on the off-the-field offenders. Now he plans to take away two meaningless games. Games that still get charged to the season ticket holders at full price. Games that the players do not get payed as well. It is better for players, fans, the league. The only thing it hurts is any current record holders, because every record in the book would be shattered.
                  That's a stupid thing to say. NFL players are payed a salary, and a hefty one at that. Preseason is part of it. It's not like they're working for free in the preseason. It's part of the contract they agreed to when they accepted $10 million a year.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                    That's a stupid thing to say. NFL players are payed a salary, and a hefty one at that. Preseason is part of it. It's not like they're working for free in the preseason. It's part of the contract they agreed to when they accepted $10 million a year.
                    So you think that if the season expanded to 18 games, the players wouldn't have a claim to get 2 games worth of game checks added onto their contract?

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                      So you think that if the season expanded to 18 games, the players wouldn't have a claim to get 2 games worth of game checks added onto their contract?
                      I think that's quite a bit different. When they signed the current contracts they were well aware that four preseason games were part of it. It's not like they signed just for 16 days a year. The practices, preseason, and everything else is part of the deal, and that was all established before they agreed to a contract. Going to 18 games is making drastic changes to the deal that the player didn't necessarily agree with and could justify renegotiating the contract.

Comment

I was just curious about your stance. I actually agree with the points you made.

Comment

Personally I love pre-season games, but I'm sure we're all bias on the matter as most of us enjoy the draft, thus making pre-season far more interesting and entertaining for us.

For the vast majority of people, I'm sure they hate pre-season or don't care about it. Especially as someone mentioned previously the people whom are forced to pay for the tickets.
                          (shameless self-promotion)
                          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                            Love this idea. Know what else they could do? Add more teams to the playoffs. Add anywhere between 2-4 teams to the playoff race for each conference.

The case could be made for either 2 or 3 preseason games for evaluation purposes and I can agree with either side. Adding another bye week is critical, imo, especially with the injuries and concussion issues. Adding another week for the playoffs would be something everyone would enjoy. It also makes it more competitive.
                            I think adding more teams to the playoffs is the worst idea possible.

But anyway, I hate hate hate the idea of a 18 game regular season.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

I think one thing Goodell should change is himself to stop changing ****.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                                Thanks, Id gladly step into the commissioners role.
                                I was a fan of Goodell at first, but the tinkering is getting to be way too much.

My idea though does not have a 17th game.
                                We subtract one preseason week, and add a regular season week. But not a 17th game, a second bye.
                                That way the NFL gets 18 weeks of tv revenue instead of 17, the players get extra rest, the pre season is shortened, and we keep the very good 16 game schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information