• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preseason was the only time i got to see Colt Brennan ZomGzz
    Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Maybe if they didn't charge full price for pre-season tickets (and parking), more people would show up. Pre-season isn't about the fans, you ******, it's about teams getting a chance to figure out who to keep on their team.

It's like getting rid of Spring Training... You know what will happen if there's only 2 pre-season games? The starters won't play at all (maybe a quarter in one of the games), and the regular season games will be really ****** in the first and last few weeks.

Comment

This is stupid, but in reality an 18 game schedule is most likely going to happen.

Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

**** 18 games. goodell you are a *****

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

I wonder if people irrationally hated when the NFL turned two of the pre-season games into regular season games in 1978..

Comment

The problem that I have with more games is teams tanking the last month of a season, as opposed to one or two games. Goodell has already complained about having a more competitive end of the season, but you can't have your cake and eat it, too with this situation. It'll only make it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                The problem that I have with more games is teams tanking the last month of a season, as opposed to one or two games. Goodell has already complained about having a more competitive end of the season, but you can't have your cake and eat it, too with this situation. It'll only make it worse.
                That's kind of what I was getting at earlier:

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                watching a team go 1-17 or 2-16 is hardly going to make the league more money.
                If teams are struggling to fill stadiums already, who the **** is going to attend that week 19 game when their team has, to that point, lost 16 games?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

**** an 18 game schedule.
                  While I don't watch much pre-season games... I think hate for it to go away.
                  I know it's all about shoring up those last roster spots and finding gems.
                  -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    I wonder if people irrationally hated when the NFL turned two of the pre-season games into regular season games in 1978..
                    I think it's a perfect balance that has worked for awhile is all. nothing irrational about it.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Why wasn't 14 perfectly balanced?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        Seems like a question for our resident geezer.

RIP ST

Comment

People hate this idea because of who came up with it. Just 2-3 years ago there was a huge crowd (on and off this board) who wanted to cut down the preseason games to two or three games. Now because Roger Goodell is actually going to do it, all of these people suddenly love the preseason. If Paul Tagliabue came up with this idea, everyone would be on board with it. As long as the NFL teams give the players more compensation for the longer season, this is a great idea.

Comment

It's a terrible idea, and I'd hate it in any situation.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                              People hate this idea because of who came up with it. Just 2-3 years ago there was a huge crowd (on and off this board) who wanted to cut down the preseason games to two or three games. Now because Roger Goodell is actually going to do it, all of these people suddenly love the preseason. If Paul Tagliabue came up with this idea, everyone would be on board with it. As long as the NFL teams give the players more compensation for the longer season, this is a great idea.
                              I don't think the cutting down of the preseason is that big a deal, it's the lengthening of the regular season that is worrisome.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post

Not really. I don't care for extra games when most of the NFL at the moment is already about who is the most healthy going into the playoffs, and not who the best team really is.

I also think the balance is basically perfect at the moment. The NFL has it right, it's this popular for a reason, the formula is working.

I don't want to see the sanctity of things like 2000 yards rushing being screwed.

I know people will point to how it used to be 14 games and all, but the league has grown and expanded over the last 30+ years and the 16 game schedule has been perfect IMO.

4 preseason games is fine, or you can even cut 1-2 out and add an extra bye week, just don't increase to 18 games.

Personally, I like the preseason, and go to the games when I can get tickets.
                                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information