Roger Goodell: Fans have made it clear, they don't like preseason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    If/when the season does go to 18 games, I think they should make it a 20 week season with two bye weeks for each team.

That would be the most fair thing to do. I don't like how some teams get theirs so early (like Atlanta last year) and other teams get to rest their people late into the regular season and get healed up for the stretch run.

Comment

• I am fine how it is now.. If its not broke dont fix it. 18 games is too many for the players and it has a potential to really effect the product in a negative way. Players=you're product Goodell.. Think about how this is going to effect the future insteado of living in the moment.

Players are going to break down faster, play less years overall because of this, and has the potential to water down the product. I am not in support of this move if it goes through.
      bill belichick quote:
      stats are for losers. the final score is for winners.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen

Comment

Hahahaha, the possibilities for offensive production are absolutely endless. The new benchmarks set that will be set are going to be absolutely ridiculous.

For the most part, though, I think you'll see a lot of the rushing records stay intact for awhile. A longer season means more platooning for backs. And if they shoulder the majority of the load, you'll likely see their careers end way before they start approaching 12,000 yards or so.
        Its only 2 more gamess...

Comment

• Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
          Its only 2 more gamess...
          Okay, that's 250 ypg for a good quarterback, equaling out to an extra 500 yards passing.

To put that in perspective, Matt Schaub would have passed for 5270 yards last season.

Comment

Okay, that's 250 ypg for a good quarterback, equaling out to an extra 500 yards passing.
            Yea it will ruin the records but its not like they'll be blow out of the water.

Comment

• Ninja edited you dude, sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
                Yea it will ruin the records but its not like they'll be blow out of the water.
                I think they will. 2,000 yards will be easier to attain. So will 5,000 yards with the way the NFL is trending towards passing the football.

It's too bad that the "fans" Goodell is referencing are the ones that really don't know jack **** about football, and are just casual observers.

Why is Goodell such a dumbass. Why.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                Originally posted by Borat
                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                  I think they will. 2,000 yards will be easier to attain. So will 5,000 yards with the way the NFL is trending towards passing the football.

It's too bad that the "fans" Goodell is referencing are the ones that really don't know jack **** about football, and are just casual observers.

Why is Goodell such a dumbass. Why.
                  He's not. Fans that don't know jack **** about football comprise an overwhelming majority of the revenue pool.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• I'd like to think that I know more than "jack ****" about football and am much more than a casual observer, and I hate the preseason. Do I think that two extra regular season games are necessary? Not really, but I'm definitely in favor of dropping a preseason game or two. Ideally, I'd like to see 16 regular season games and two or three preseason games but I'd take 18 regular season games over four or five preseason games easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                      I'd like to think that I know more than "jack ****" about football and am much more than a casual observer, and I hate the preseason. Do I think that two extra regular season games are necessary? Not really, but I'm definitely in favor of dropping a preseason game or two. Ideally, I'd like to see 16 regular season games and two or three preseason games but I'd take 18 regular season games over four or five preseason games easily.
                      I'm with you on that.

Which means some portion of the miniscule percentage of fans who do, in fact, know more than jack **** about football don't give a rat's ass about preseason. Thus making the pool of people Goodell is referencing even larger.

:)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Preseason isn't about the fans. It's about talent evaluation.

And enough players get injured in the preseason as it is, never mind if it was two extra weeks of real football. It's going to get to the point where every team is starting their second unit come playoffs because no one is left.

Rushing records will stay similar per year, because you don't want to give your running back too many more carries per year than what they are getting, or they will fall apart even fast. Passing and receiving records per year are done. Probably career ones will start taking a hit in 6-7 years.

I hate the move to 18. Because 5-6 years from now if Goodell is still here, I wouldn't be surprised to see him push for 20. And casual fans would eat it up. Ugh.

Comment

• Anything that leads to more football is a good thing in my books. I would kill for a chance to play an NFL snap and get injured so I really don't buy there will be more injuries as a good argument but thats just me. I also really don't give a **** about records.

Comment

• I don't mind the pre-season that much. It's cool to see players that you wouldn't normally see on sundays. But I do understand why casual fans don't like it.
                            aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information